Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Can't get internet to connect on Ubuntu?

I'm posting this on Windows, but I want to use Ubuntu sometimes, when I've tried to connect to my internet on ubuntu, it couldn't find mine; but it could find other peoples internet. It's a linksys router / adapter with WPA2-Personal AES security.

Any solutions? I can see other peoples internet connections, but even if I plug in all the information from my internet in the 'find hidden wireless network' option.

I think your best bet is probably to head to Ubuntuforums dot org (their official website) and run a search for your wireless card make + model. Hopefully someone has posted a guide or can show you a repository with drivers (if that is your problem.)

Another thing you could try, is to temporarily drop all the security on your wireless router and broadcast the ID of the network. Then see if you can connect. If you can, you might try investigating any possible erroneous settings when you ramp up the security as well as checking into if your card is fully capable of handling the WPA2 security with the Linux drivers it may be using.

10+ Year Old Account
    could try another wireless manager like WICD
    i love this one and it don't use the stupid gnome keyring meaning that if you setup autologin you wont have to enter a password