This Needs to Be Fixed - The Internet

*sorry about the vague topic but i need as many eyes on this as possible

I am currently having the issue where my internet speeds fluctuate hopelessly, which they never used to.

Where for 5 minutes my net will be running fine at 6m/bs down .2 up and 40ms to my nearest Speedtest server

It will then go as low as .4 down .02 up and 500ms for a 50 miles server ping. AS you can imagine this is making all online gaming impossible, and now I am particularly upset because as a result of WoWs now unplay-abilty I missed out on my guilds 1st cho'gall kill tonight

I am running with bigpond (telstra internet) ASDL, Brisbane Australia

I have disabled internet security,
    reset the router
    swapped routers
    tried the tests on different servers(through speed test) and PCs (7 x32 x64, vista x32), iphone, a macbook pro and dare i say it even an ipad *eww
    tried all sorts of combinations of connections
    reset firmware
    reset network config files
    cleared chache, disk cleans BIOS resets
    and done a complete re-install on my laptop (just to make sure)

Yet Bigpond 'tech level 2' claim that the problem is on my end re-assuring me their server is infallible as the Bush Tax Cuts, har har. But have no suggestion as to what it could be

Any ideas would be helpful,
    Last edited by Rekindled; 2011-02-01 at 04:35 AM.
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

Deleted
    with swapping router, you also mean swapping modems, right?

how are the clients connected to the router? normal ethernet cable or something "exotic" like powerline / wlan?

Wombat on the line, mate.

Aussie jokes aside, you need to speak to a techie at the ISP, not some phonemonkey getting paid to fob you off by blaming it on your end. Tell the monkey to bugger off and demand to speak to a technical engineer or the monkeys supervisor, and explain what you've done.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Wombat on the line, mate.

Aussie jokes aside, you need to speak to a techie at the ISP, not some phonemonkey getting paid to fob you off by blaming it on your end. Tell the monkey to bugger off and demand to speak to a technical engineer or the monkeys supervisor, and explain what you've done.
    Oh but here is the kicker, the person i talked to was their techie, they called me after I talked to some airhead for 15 minutes trying to explain the difference between a megabyte and bit.

After the techie "technical support level 2' told me how f**ked I was they told me I could be put through to their 'back of house' where I could speak to a 'technical engineer'

Seeing as how this was going to cost me money, *as it is a problem on my end' I opted out and come on here to see if the Internet knows more than Telstra does. they have the worst customer service and the worst knowledge base of any telecommunications company that I have ever met
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4