Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

LFD tool. Insane waiting times aka Wasted time...

This is nuts, I have aspirations to raid again since I haven't played WoW for 6 months or so.

Been 85 for a week or two now and the LFD tool is a freaking nightmare, I'm waiting 50 minutes on average to find a group, 60% breaks down at trash/boss. How in the hell am I expected to gear, let alone the countless others who don't have a decent guild backing them.

Worst part is, I am FORCED to be idle, I can't even join a BG or participate in TB without having to leave the queue first.

Really disheartening, anyone experiencing this? I don't feel I can raid anytime in the next 2 months or so at this rate.

So how do you plan to raid without guildies? Oh wait do you have guidlies? Where were they when you needed to run that dungeon?

Here's the solution... Get a guild and if you guild doesn't run dungeons as a guild then get a new guild. If you want to run solo then just deal with the queue times. The solution was always there, but you make a choice to ignore it every time you queue for a dungeon alone.

What?

My intention is to get the CORE gear required to join a raiding guild.

Find something constructive to do while you wait. Doesn't have to be ingame or even at the computer. Just turn the volume up and have sound enabled while minimized so you can hear when the queue pops.
    STFU and kill shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Level professions, do dailies, play the AH, farm some Archeology. Or, turn the sound up, alt-tab and do something else? I never had a problem waiting in the queue as DPS.

Edit: Also, I have yet to run into a bad LFD group. I have never run into any of the horror stories we all read on here. Thank my lucky stars!

Edit 2: http://www.wowstead.com/guild-recruitment/wow

you can search for guilds who are recruiting your class. Drop applications to guilds that fits you. Worse they can say is "No". It's worth a try.
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-01-31 at 12:01 AM.

You are not forced to be idle, you can do dailies. Or archaeology.

But yes, the queues are horrible and often also the end result when you do get in. At least it is getting a little bit better when the patch comes when you get Justice Points from the higher level normal dungeon bosses, at least the normal dungeon groups don't tend to fall into pieces because the instances are a lot easier, and you can still get 346 gear with Justice Points.

Dude, Blizzard has said that they are considering ways of improving the LFG system for everyone but its not going to happen anytime soon (from what ive read).
    Also your not being forced to be idle, go farm archaeology for one of the AWESOME items, get a farming professions, work on lore master or other achieves, level up your crafting professions, or do anything that satisfies you.
    Your problem is that you just facepalm at the 40 min que and sit there doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by deo View Post
    What?

From my experience very few guilds require you too have too much gear. Unless maybe if they are alredy progressing trough heroic modes.
    If they are still on normals im sure they will have no problem letting you run heroics with them to gear up, aslong as they find your activity, skill and previous experiences good enough.

What?

If you don't have a guild then your just ignoring the obvious solution to slow queue times. I mean the least you could do is find a tank friend or find people on your own server to queue with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Writhes View Post
    If you don't have a guild then your just ignoring the obvious solution to slow queue times. I mean the least you could do is find a tank friend or find people on your own server to queue with you.
    To be honest, this. Either find someone who is willing to Tank or get into a Guild of like-minded people who want to prepare for raids. If you don't do that then you will be looking at massively long queues as a DPS and it is a large community issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Edit: Also, I have yet to run into a bad LFD group. I have never run into any of the horror stories we all read on here. Thank my lucky stars!
    im starting to think most of those horror stories are complete bullshit ive never had any problems and everyone ive talked to hasnt had any problems either most people are making them up if you ask me (not all are made up but most of them are)

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

The complaints about dps times in lfd really baffle me. How should it be fixed besides forcing people to tank or. Heal. Clearly dps is the most common role to play. Its chemistry, there is always a limiting reactant. Someone will have to wait.

They have to increase the supply of tanks so either give more rewards for tanking or give other specs the ability to tank. I can't see people rerolling just to do randoms, so the soultion has to improve the lfd for current people.

1. Since you haven't been 85 long I'm guessing you haven't got Therezane to exalted yet? You'll be wanting that if you want to raid so go do their dailies while you wait.
    2. Look into what other factions have 346/359 gear for your class. If they have dailies then do them too as you wait.
    3. Make some gold while you wait, it's stupidly easy for most professions (even fishing) and the crafted and BoE epics are dropping rapidly in price.

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    The complaints about dps times in lfd really baffle me. How should it be fixed besides forcing people to tank or. Heal. Clearly dps is the most common role to play. Its chemistry, there is always a limiting reactant. Someone will have to wait.

They have to increase the supply of tanks so either give more rewards for tanking or give other specs the ability to tank. I can't see people rerolling just to do randoms, so the soultion has to improve the lfd for current people.
    Not necessarily increase supply of tanks but rather give more spots to fill for dps. If a group consisted of 1 tank, 1 healer, 4 dps then that would perhaps relieve a lot of the dps wait times. The outcome would be less waiting for dps yet slightly longer waiting for tanks and healers.

Probably the best way to increase the number of tanks would be to increase the number of tanks needed for raiding in 25mans. The ratio of tank:healer:dps is just retarded.

15+ Year Old Account
    Then you have things to do while queueing. Get that reputation up. Get your professions done. Get some gold for those gems and enchants. Archaeology provides some great items and requires time which you claim to have an abundance of. Read theorycraft on your spec to maximise damage and control (CC, CDs, whatever). Read theorycraft on other specs and classes to maximise your knowledge of your group's/raid's ability and potential. Check out the raiding scene, find out about new bosses and mechanics. Check out guilds on the server that are recruiting and try to become the person that they want (if you want them).

There's a lot to do at the start, really.

Quote Originally Posted by warcrimes View Post
    im starting to think most of those horror stories are complete bullshit ive never had any problems and everyone ive talked to hasnt had any problems either most people are making them up if you ask me (not all are made up but most of them are)
    I'm sorry but that is just preposterous.

Everyone here says just find a guild to run heroics with. First off, I canceled my sub about a week ago. And yet I still compulsively come to this site, because I have for years. I quit the game because no matter how many guilds I went in between, there was like one or two geared tanks per guild (at least the ones who are recruiting ungeared fresh 85s), and they just run their daily. All the tanks geared up in the first month of Cata cause they just instant queue'd and did like 5 heroics a day every day.

So, either you can join a guild that's still on heroics, and hope you are one of the 3 DPS who gets to go along with the guild tank for their daily. Or you're shit outta luck, and you can just queue with all the other DPS in your guild and still wait forever. Trust me I got a lot of guild runs in. It was just 3 DPS queueing, that's all.

As far as the quoted part, that's ridiculous. The horror stories are real. When you solo queue, you wait 35 minutes for the queue to pop, and since everyone is such baddies, someone is always getting votekicked or ragequitting/shamequitting every run. So every time, I got put into a dungeon in progress. And usually the person was kicked/quit because the group was failing at a certain point and needed a scapegoat. So you pop in right before the second to last boss/last boss (so lots of you oppurtunities for drops/jp have already passed), proceed to wipe a couple times on a fight that the group wasn't going to beat anyway, one new dps isn't going to change that. And then the group disbands. You didn't kill a boss. You didn't even clear any trash for rep. And now you get to wait 35 minutes to try again, just to have the same thing happen over and over. At one point, with me solo queueing (cause I couldn't find a tank to grind with), I didn't finish my Heroic Daily for 3 days straight, cause full on LFD pugs just can't get it done.

There are plenty of things to do while waiting on the lfg queue.

1) dailies. Til Barad has a ton of good 346 weapons and trinkets for every class/spec. Therazane has good rings and shoulder enhants and every faction has some sort of gear for each spec. Id look into it. Also there are crafted 359 heat that os good but expensive.

Im sure you could gear out a room without stepping foot into a heroic. Also try forming a party and then flying there. Takes a much longer time then the lfg system.

Quote Originally Posted by blackangel209 View Post
    Probably the best way to increase the number of tanks would be to increase the number of tanks needed for raiding in 25mans. The ratio of tank:healer:dps is just retarded.
    Or quit with this insane idea of changing the game to make Arena Tournaments viable?
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    Or quit with this insane idea of changing the game to make Arena Tournaments viable?
    Um, how is that related to anything in the thread or the person you qouted? lol...