Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry Please tell me what i am doing wrong.

recently i got replaced in my raid by a holy pally. i feel that i am doign everything right but even so pallys out heal me. i am normally the tank healer in our 25 man guild runs. i use 3xlb rejuv and spam nourish and the occasional ht , use wg on cooldown and throw a few rj out on ppl if they need it, also using sm on cd. heres my armory (topsirlion, ysondre server, us.) please tell me what changes i can make to make myself a better tank healer.

thing is that holy palas are way better than resto druids at everything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    Yeah and its funy because i remember blizzard going by a certian motto "bring the player not the class" seems to be with paragon stacking ferals and such, this is not the case.

there will be mechanics exploits every patch for the rest of time, thats why its good to have capped alts so that you can be the powerhouse all the time lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erotix View Post
    seems to be with paragon stacking ferals and such
    Potion of Illusion says hello.

Anyway, can you post a log? It's hard to tell what you can do better just from words.
    Either way, paladin is a very good healing class at the moment, though our former druid always used to outheal him.

When it comes to your armory profile, as far as I reckon you need more haste on sheet than you have, more specifically I can't remember but I know I read it in a post here on MMO so if I were you, I would look around for that post. You need it to get an extra Rejuv tick.
    Then there are things such as enchanting spirit on your chest instead of 15 stats but it's really more of a personal preferance.

You should read this http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-Cata-edition if you haven't and if you have, then you should read it again, I see you are missing some important things from the guide that could very possibly improve your performance.
    Last edited by Nørf; 2011-01-31 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nørf View Post
    Either way, paladin is a very good healing class at the moment, though our former druid always used to outheal him.
    No matter what gear both have, if a holy pally is out healed by a druid, the pally is doing something wrong.

Imo, you shouldn't really be throwing out rejuvs that often. The cost of the heal greatly outweighs how much it actually heals. That is, of course, if you are having any mana problems. Other than that, there's not much you're doing wrong. Resto druids just aren't that great atm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwsntmilk View Post
    No matter what gear both have, if a holy pally is out healed by a druid, the pally is doing something wrong.
    Both of them are very good players, and he didn't outheal our paladin before the reju mana nerf/buff?.

I personally I never use nourish in the state it is now, also consider speccing 3/3 in natures grace and 3/3 in moonglow (makes a big difference in how much you can spam spells) , one regrowth with natures will give you considerable more haste for healing touch. Your gear looks fine use your JC trinket early (98% mana) and then innervate early as well, so you can use it again, I do not spec empowered touch because refreshing LB is what you don't want to happen, the lb bloom is a good spike heal and you can just reapply 3 stacks fast. Druids are semi good tank healers at the moment, but I would say with 4.06 and the changes with WG strength, some talent change and the fact that nourish will be 30% faster with 3 rejuvs out, will make them back into viable raid healers. Right now it is just obvious that we do not have the spike heals compared to pallys.
    What I did for talents is 0/3 empowered touch, 0 /3 natures bounty both not very helpful spells at all, and put this into 3/3 natures grace 3/3 moonglow and 2/3 furor. Letting LB bleed off should allow you to time Healing touches and swiftmends for that extra spike. Literally never use nourish in the state it is now. Horrible cast for a horrible heal.
    Edit: For raid healing : Reforge everything for haste, more haste = more hot ticks. Simple as that, faster Healing touch, better hot healing will help out a lot.
    If you reallllly want to tank heal: Reforge everything to Mastery, the next poster explains why this is a good idea.
    With this setup, I always out heal my current raids pallys in similar gear.
    Last edited by ChronicDose; 2011-01-31 at 04:08 AM.

Well based on your armory profile, the only thing i can really see to help you with tank healing is reforging most of your haste into mastery. Mastery is by far the best tank healing stat, followed by crit then haste. Also make sure you check out the haste breakpoints for the appropriate raid buffs you have (5% haste, dark intent) and make sure your not reforging under a useful extra tick.

Besides that though, holy paladins do just bring more to a raid atm. Their raid heals are on par/greater than resto druids, and then their beacon in combination with their other utility spellls really give them an edge.

I can possibly understand getting a HPally in there over you if you didnt have any to begin with, but thats a pretty rough call to sit you out over someone else if your doing your job right.

If you're just doing tank healing, a paladin is better than a resto druid. You will put out better numbers raid healing. If you want to focus more on tank healing, your reforging is a bit inconsistent. Mastery is the best stat for tank healing, so every item should be reforged for it. In particular, I'm looking at your gloves, belt, and boots. Nature's Grace is a much better talent than Gift of the Earthmother, especially for tank healing.

I took a look at your guild's logs. It looks like in most every raid you have 3 viable tank healers (paladin and shaman). You really should bring up switching to raid healing.

Don'T use nourish if you don't have mana issues and don't want to be outhealed
    Also I can see you are reforging spirit and haste to mastery which may seem to be good for tank healing but it's not imo.

Druids should be raid healers. especialy with rejuv reduced mana cost

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwsntmilk View Post
    Normally true. One of our druids outheals me time to time because he's in the party with 2 mana tides, and he eats his own, and 2 boomkin innervates every fight and pretty much just spams non stop WotLK style. We tell him he's not very good, but he points to HPS as though it means something.

I top the meters (except when I heal with an insanley good holy pally) and this is what I do.

LBx3 on the Tank that I am healing. Coordinate with the pally and say "Hey I got X tank you get Y tank". This allows you to not waste healing on someone that is being overhealed probably as it is.

Nourish to refresh LB on tank. WG on CD. PERSONAL PREFRENCE HERE: I only use Nourish (with WG applied) when the DPS is <70%. The reason I do this is because Rejuv costs so much mana and Nourish has such a long cast time that it is inefficient to use on DPS above 70% health. They will survive 3-4 more hits and WG will catch them when it is off CD.

Rejuv and Swiftmend. Be SMART about this. Dont just say O NOES HE NEEDS HEALING and use the two. Plan it out. If its a melee, make sure they are close to the tank. Try and use it on people who are grouped up. For instance on fights were range can stack, and we usually do, I can SM a ranged and know it will blanket the rest of us. It is a waste to use it on a healer standing all alone unless it is a dire situation and they need a 50ish% heal

Omen of Clarity is your best friend. I dont care if it procs and everyone is at 100%. I still use it on the tank. The reason I do this is becasue the cast has to go OFF before clearcasting wears off and it is like wasting a huge heal. Most of the time I get lucky and the tank takes some damage while I am casting.

I am also not afraid to use HT on DPS that need it. I have enouf spirit to do this a few times and not worry. Tranquility is your buddy. You know that the raid is low and Magmatron is using Flame Thrower? Pop it. Halfus getting a few to many shadow novas off? Pop it. Same applies to Tree of Life. It is a 2min CD and should be used when you KNOW you need it. I usually pop it, LBx2 on everyone (if everyone is taking or will be taking damage) and WG on CD.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...j%C3%A0/simple

I should be in my resto gear and spec. Just changed it right now.

EDIT: Dont reforge to mastery (as someone already said) it sucks imho. I reforged mostly to haste to get 1 more tick on my hots. Sitting at 13% haste right now self buffed before talents and etc. IMO Int > Haste (to soft cap) > Spirit > Mastery. Is MY prio order.
    Last edited by Bucknazty; 2011-01-31 at 05:57 AM. Reason: looked at armory.
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they actually were stacking Ferals, and Method is the guild that did the Potion of Illusion screenie(Either as a tribute, or just to make fun of Paragon).

Oh, and OT: From my experiences, Holy Paladins just seem to have it easier than other healing classes, for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

Deleted
    If you cast alot of nourishes you cant expect to do alot of healing, its cast time is like 2.3 secs, depending on your haste etc, and it heals for what.. 9k? 10k top? Thats only 5k hps while spamming that. Rejuv+wg spam does like 20K+ hps on the other hand, its just a bitch on your mana.

They did actually use 11 druids.

True, but i always feel safer with a druid healing me, there are so many times when im sitting there, getting no attention coz the raid is dipping dangerously low. Having a druid constantly rolling a LB stack on me is <3 especially even if they forget to refresh it, i get the yummy 20-25k bloom

Not at aoe healing people that are spread out.

Yeah. You rolled a druid, not a priest or a pally. That's a 10 to 15% loss in potential based on equal skill/gear.

Deleted
    I usualy raid heal by rejuv x3, Swiftmend, Our green circle ( can't remember the name LOL ) Wild growth and nourish, using all Omen of Clarity casts as either Swiftmend/regrowth or Healing touch. Lifebloom x3 always on the tanks. Tree form = spam x2 lifebloom and instant regrowth. Its usualy how i get a top 3 finish on the meters with a set up of, Holy pala, Holy priest, 2x Resto shamans and 2x Resto druids.