Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There were some absolutely massive bugs that were obvious from the first pull; Shadow Orbs sweeping the whole room and killing everyone in the raid. The Dark Simulacrum (and other reflects) & Wrack was probably the biggest one. You could literally hit the boss for 1 billion damage with a single GCD - it was pretty damn scary watching Sinestra almost die to it by accident.
    And yet they weren't even slightly scared to do many attempts using the obvious Rip bug on Heroic Nefarian to do near half million rip ticks and near full million rip tick crits.

What a steaming pile of crap. Don't get me wrong... no doubt he was still no pushover and I understand the desire to get a kill by any means when the competition is so fierce, but the sheer hypocrisy in this compared to their supposed stance on Sinestra combined with a video like this glorifying an obviously bugged and unintended kill method is nothing short of shameful.

Who has the first post-Ripnerf kill?
    Last edited by Mithsploit; 2011-01-31 at 07:32 AM.

The "meow" at the end made me chuckle, even if it's a "rub it in your face" thing. lol

Anyone else feel like they were watching the lion king 2? I wonder if Neferian killed their dad :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, so was it just me or was I seeing 800k crits in the feral pov of the video? I knew there was a bug, but MAN, doing almost .5% of his health with one crit seems a little op to me!

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorGang View Post
    Man..reading the youtube comments on that video..will paragon haters ever give it a rest?
    I bet you think Ensidia deserved the ban they got then? They "abused" a bug that they didn't know why was caused. They even said that they thought it was an encounter bug and since none els was attempting the boss, they didn't have anyone to compare it with. Endisia got banned from "exploiting" and encounter, Paragon "exploited" an encounter, why should there be any difference?

---------- Post added 2011-01-31 at 08:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mithsploit View Post
    Method, Paragon should have gotten a ban just like Ensidia did for their LK kill. Method however waited weeks before they even attempted nef after paragon killed it. It was clear early on that they had used the rip bug, yet Method didnt try it for weeks. They waited to see what blizzards respond was, it was a hot fix and nothing els. Method in my eyes got world first.

Congrats Method on World first Nef, 800k dot ticks dont fly by me, might as well be using saronite bombs and hiding in brain portals while paragon is at it.

Deleted
    Method should be on that list, not Paragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithsploit View Post
    And yet they weren't even slightly scared to do many attempts using the obvious Rip bug on Heroic Nefarian to do near half million rip ticks and near full million rip tick crits.

What a steaming pile of crap. Don't get me wrong... no doubt he was still no pushover and I understand the desire to get a kill by any means when the competition is so fierce, but the sheer hypocrisy in this compared to their supposed stance on Sinestra combined with a video like this glorifying an obviously bugged and unintended kill method is nothing short of shameful.

I've yet to see you down the encounter. They were the world first to down this while you did nothing of the sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post

Calm down Fanboy....

Geez After ensidia Fanboys we have Method fanboys now...
    Why?

Who let the dog's out?! Whooo!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Consata View Post
    I bet you think Ensidia deserved the ban they got then? They "abused" a bug that they didn't know why was caused. They even said that they thought it was an encounter bug and since none els was attempting the boss, they didn't have anyone to compare it with. Endisia got banned from "exploiting" and encounter, Paragon "exploited" an encounter, why should there be any difference?

---------- Post added 2011-01-31 at 08:58 AM ----------

Method, Paragon should have gotten a ban just like Ensidia did for their LK kill. Method however waited weeks before they even attempted nef after paragon killed it. It was clear early on that they had used the rip bug, yet Method didnt try it for weeks. They waited to see what blizzards respond was, it was a hot fix and nothing els. Method in my eyes got world first.
    I'm sorry, how exactly you consider completely altering the right and passing a major fight mechanic like valkyrs with obvious bug to be same thing as... well... clicking rip, which just did ton of dmg, just like it was supposed to do, not altering the fight in anyway, nor affect any fight mechacnic at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Bootycus View Post
    Congrats Method on World first Nef, 800k dot ticks dont fly by me, might as well be using saronite bombs and hiding in brain portals while paragon is at it.
    2 completely different things, but I'm not surprised a random mmo-champ troll wouldn't realise that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Why? Paragon was the one who killed Nef first, not Method.

Deleted
    Honestly Boubouille it's a shame that u rank 10man and 25man at the same. They are different, completely different, some bosses are easier, some harder (lol), but on overall they are way more easier.
    Reward guild that did a mix of them it's not good at all.
    Put it in this way, someone race for the 100m someone for the 200m, u don't rank them at the same.

Meww.. Meewww......

Jesus, will it ever end? I'm tired of hearing about loser world firsts. Just when you think its over they make a loser hall of fame and regurgitate videos of losers fighting bosses. Enough with the basement dweller crap and just stick to new info on upcoming patches and actually interesting stuff not for people who ignore their babies because daddy is on his 18th straight hour of trying on a boss for some worthless worlds first kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol 800K crits
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Nosfe View Post
    Honestly Boubouille it's a shame that u rank 10man and 25man at the same. They are different, completely different, some bosses are easier, some harder (lol), but on overall they are way more easier.
    Reward guild that did a mix of them it's not good at all.
    Put it in this way, someone race for the 100m someone for the 200m, u don't rank them at the same.
    LOL, what a bad analogy comparing 100m with the 200m vs 10man and 25man.

There might be design issues from blizz side making one or the other boss harder for the groups but 100m and 200m are designed to be different.

Just becuase fanboys are screaming that one encounter or the other is harder for 10m or 25m doesnt mean there is some commonly accepted view on what is harder.

Therefore its much better to go with the official blizz view on the raid tier, which is that the difficulty is the same for both groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosfe View Post
    That's not a correct comparison since both modes have the same number of bosses., no one runs more meters they both run the same distance.
    I fail to understand why the 2 modes must be separated the only real hard thing in 25 is to get 25 instead of 10.
    Both have pros and cons and they are almost balanced atm with 10man HC being slightly overtuned.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    So they just stacked the class that would benefit the most of an intended mechanic. How is that exploiting?

It is not. Every DoT would have gained benefit from the MC buff, just that Rip, being the strongest DoT, gained the most out of it. Hence the class stacking. Blizzard changed this mechanic a bit to prevent such stacking, not beacause they considered it an "exploit".

Class stacking to beat an encounter =/= Exploiting. Or if it is, then I guess bringing 3 or more Disc Priests for Smite-spam on Halfus HC is exploiting as well.

If you want to blame someone, blame Blizzard for bad mechanic design.

15+ Year Old Account
    EU continue to dominate US <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papaz View Post
    LOL, what a bad analogy comparing 100m with the 200m vs 10man and 25man.

There might be design issues from blizz side making one or the other boss harder for the groups but 100m and 200m are designed to be different.

Just becuase fanboys are screaming that one encounter or the other is harder for 10m or 25m doesnt mean there is some commonly accepted view on what is harder.

Therefore its much better to go with the official blizz view on the raid tier, which is that the difficulty is the same for both groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    That's not a correct comparison since both modes have the same number of bosses., no one runs more meters they both run the same distance.
    I fail to understand why the 2 modes must be separated the only real hard thing in 25 is to get 25 instead of 10.
    Both have pros and cons and they are almost balanced atm with 10man HC being slightly overtuned.
    Dunno if u both have exp on both 10m and 25m bosses, but doesn't matter what Blizzard planned to do, it matter how boss work, 10m and 25m are NOT the same.
    Same goes for class, blizz say that they should be balance, are they? NO.

And yeah agree prob not the best example to take, but still, my point is that they are 2 completely different istance, for a number of reason, starting from the need of only 10 good player, ending to the fact that spreading 10player is easier that 25player, with a lot more of reason between. The design of boss can be the same, but the method to kill it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Jesus, will it ever end? I'm tired of hearing about loser world firsts. Just when you think its over they make a loser hall of fame and regurgitate videos of losers fighting bosses. Enough with the basement dweller crap and just stick to new info on upcoming patches and actually interesting stuff not for people who ignore their babies because daddy is on his 18th straight hour of trying on a boss for some worthless worlds first kill.
    You doth protest too much, methinks.