Page 1 of 2
LastLast

enhancement dps question

made a pug for 10 man magmaw last night i pulled around 14.2k dps
    is that acceptable for my gear?
    here is my armory us.battle.net/wow/en/character/anubarak/plurply/simple
    any suggestions will also be helpfull.

1. You're not spell hit capped (17%)
    2. You're 15 Expertise below soft cap (26)
    3. You have 5 unenchanted items
    4. Never gem pure mastery, grab the Agi / Mastery and Agi / Hit hybrid gems if the socket bonus is worth it
    5. You could bother to do 2 professions to a suitable level to obtain its bonusses
    6. Drop one point in Improved Shields and put it into Concussion

On a side note, Magmaw is a gimmick fight as you gain a damage bonus when it's impaled.

You should do more and the reasons are what matero said except the point in concussion.Elemental precision gives more dps.If you want maximum dps results you should take out one point in improved shields + 2 points from reverberation and max elemental precision.You can interrupt all bosses without reverberation.

Quote Originally Posted by drbutcher View Post
    You should do more and the reasons are what matero said except the point in concussion.Elemental precision gives more dps.If you want maximum dps results you should take out one point in improved shields + 2 points from reverberation and max elemental precision.You can interrupt all bosses without reverberation.
    The damage difference you see in an actual fight is minimal, so its down to preference. I assumed he took reverberation to ease the downtime he has, as well as you get a smoother UE+FS and ES going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Matero View Post
    The damage difference you see in an actual fight is minimal, so its down to preference. I assumed he took reverberation to ease the downtime he has, as well as you get a smoother UE+FS and ES going on.
    Damage is not minimal.Also don't forget you get a free 20 spell hit (or 15 if you have the cheap enchant) from the chest enchant.You have to manually add that hit in the simulator if you want to get proper results.

Deleted
    magmaw 10 is one hell of a fight for an enhance shaman (least if you're on the shooting duty when magmaw needs to be spiked)

I hate that fight, and my usual spot on the meter usually ends up as the lowest on magmaw, though I'm #1-2 on most others..

Quote Originally Posted by Matero View Post
    1. You're not spell hit capped (17%)
    2. You're 15 Expertise below soft cap (26)
    3. You have 5 unenchanted items
    4. Never gem pure mastery, grab the Agi / Mastery and Agi / Hit hybrid gems if the socket bonus is worth it
    5. You could bother to do 2 professions to a suitable level to obtain its bonusses
    6. Drop one point in Improved Shields and put it into Concussion

On a side note, Magmaw is a gimmick fight as you gain a damage bonus when it's impaled.
    thanks for the help ill be sure to get on those. and yes i took reverberation for a smoother priority. Im currently leveling skinning and leatherworking if i actually take the time to level it.

And yes, Diesta i was on spike duty, i actually found it enjoyable to hop on the worm and smash q to chain him.

Healers apparently had trouble as well so to help they had me use my 5x mealstrom to throw healing rain on the ranged instead of using for Lightning bolt, whatever helps. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    thanks for the help ill be sure to get on those. and yes i took reverberation for a smoother priority. Im currently leveling skinning and leatherworking if i actually take the time to level it.

And yes, Diesta i was on spike duty, i actually found it enjoyable to hop on the worm and smash q to chain him.

Healers apparently had trouble as well so to help they had me use my 5x mealstrom to throw healing rain on the ranged instead of using for Lightning bolt, whatever helps. :/
    yeah, i use HR occasionally (though less now than when i started) but theres so much deeps loss from jumping up on the worm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    yeah, i use HR occasionally (though less now than when i started) but theres so much deeps loss from jumping up on the worm
    I dont really feel any dps loss when im on chain-duty, its basicly comes down to how fast you are and when you use your cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicoco View Post
    I dont really feel any dps loss when im on chain-duty, its basicly comes down to how fast you are and when you use your cooldowns.
    Aye, and if you run with a guild or a group that are understanding, they will know you were in chain duty and should take that into account when looking at recount etc. Honestly if there is a 1-2k dps difference it doesn't bother me, unless there is an extreme out-lier (such as everyone pulling 13-17k dps and then 1 dps pulling 9-10k dps when in similar or equivalent gear to the others, whilst not performing any specific job that might lower their dps).

When it comes to shamans and so on, when I look at their dps I also always look at their healing done. Did the shaman in question take the initiative to cast a heal on himself or Healing Rain in times of need instead of just hoping the healers will keep them up? etc.

Deleted
    well magmaw is one fight i'll never take serious, never liked it

There is no point in taking 2 points in reverberation. 2 points to get 1 second off your CD of your shocks is not great, especially when you consider that you hit flame shock, 1 earth shock and then its time to flame shock again. Also the priority of earth shock is extremely low. This talent you would only really benefit for the CD on interutps being reduced.
    If you are talking pure dmg leave the 3 points in imp shields, 3 points in concussion put the 1 stray point in elemental precision.
    example of my spec http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talent/primary

yeh i know im under hit cap and exp cap, but the stat weights suggest the way i have done things is best for my toon in this gearing. I will pick up fluid death this week which will allow me to drop hit else where and get expertise capped also. As a reference i am doing 14.2k dps on the target dummy.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2011-02-01 at 11:46 PM.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I get 2 earth shocks per flame shock and a 1 sec reduction on my interupt is nice.

The utility alone, being able to get pretty much every interupt, beats Improved sheilds.

i get every interupt with 6 seconds. And i find due to the priority weight of earth shock in the rotation it don't use it more than once per FS\ES rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    especially when you consider that you hit flame shock, 1 earth shock and then its time to flame shock again.
    I can fit 2-3 Earth shocks before I have to re apply the flame shock dot. It's definitely not 1:1 ratio.

And I'm guessing you are under hit/expertise cap because some computer simulator tells you its better for your dps? Look beyond the numbers, hit cap is for stuff like interrupts too which is just as important in a raid.

Reverb is a personal choice, along with imp Fire nova.....but I would take those over imp shields simply because it lets me be more flexible with my cd's.
    i get every interupt with 6 seconds. And i find due to the priority weight of earth shock in the rotation it don't use it more than once per FS\ES rotation.
    ES is pretty high priority if you have LL on cd and FS ticking I don't see why you wouldn't use it as often as possible. You should only be using FS after you use ULE....and even then you have a full 8 seconds, you can squeeze an ES and still fit FS in before the buff fades.
    Last edited by Protoman; 2011-02-02 at 12:06 AM.

ES is pretty high priority
    It actually isn't. THis is direct from EJ

Priority Abbreviation Meaning
    1 ST Searing Totem (with x ticks remaining, set in sim)
    2 LL Lava Lash
    3 FS_UEF Flame Shock if the Unleash Flame buff is present
    4 MW5_LB Maelstrom Weapon x5 stacks + Lightning Bolt
    5 UE Unleash Elements
    6 SS Stormstrike
    7 ES Earth Shock
    8 SW Spirit Wolves

can you seriously tell me with 6 other things more important than ES that you are getting 3 or even 2 in. I would suggest that you put the above details into shock and awe then tell me if you want to spend 2 points on that talent. its not a dps gain

---------- Post added 2011-02-02 at 06:14 AM ----------

Oh and BTW, not sure if any who commented have looked at logs, but Lightening shield talented can make up 7% of your dmg done in a raid. ES makes up about 2% of your dmg done if you have your priority right (u might get 3%).

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    It actually isn't. THis is direct from EJ

Priority Abbreviation Meaning
    1 ST Searing Totem (with x ticks remaining, set in sim)
    2 LL Lava Lash
    3 FS_UEF Flame Shock if the Unleash Flame buff is present
    4 MW5_LB Maelstrom Weapon x5 stacks + Lightning Bolt
    5 UE Unleash Elements
    6 SS Stormstrike
    7 ES Earth Shock
    8 SW Spirit Wolves

can you seriously tell me with 6 other things more important than ES that you are getting 3 or even 2 in. I would suggest that you put the above details into shock and awe then tell me if you want to spend 2 points on that talent. its not a dps gain

---------- Post added 2011-02-02 at 06:14 AM ----------

Oh and BTW, not sure if any who commented have looked at logs, but Lightening shield talented can make up 7% of your dmg done in a raid. ES makes up about 2% of your dmg done if you have your priority right (u might get 3%).
    Imp LS is dope on fights with a ton of unavoidable AE damage (Alakir I'm pointing at you). LS jumps to like 4th on my overall damage list on that fight. I do 22k dps when the next guy is 18-19k on that fight mainly because of LS. Haven't any HMs yet, but I'm sure there are a lot more fights that have a lot of AE damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    I get 2 earth shocks per flame shock and a 1 sec reduction on my interupt is nice.

The utility alone, being able to get pretty much every interupt, beats Improved sheilds.

HI! You already get 2 ES per FS.

And your utility argument for Wind Shear would be great... if we couldn't ALREADY get every interrupt. Name 1 interrupt right now that Enhance can't solo with a 6s CD. Wait? You mean we can ALREADY solo all of them?

I know, because I do. The only thing we CAN'T do (And with a 5s CD, still can't) is solo interrupt Maloriaks Release and Arcane storm, as they are often cast within a couple seconds of each other. The only other fight where we can't hit them all on our own (But the tank can get the fill ins) is Arcanotron. But again, a 5s CD makes no difference there, as it's cast every like 3-4s anyhow at it's peak.

Reverberation is terrible. It's not a DPS increase, and it's not a utility increase, it's simply a waste of 2 talent points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Deleted
    Have fun interrupting arcanotron on heroic with a 6 second WS, idiot.

Personally I don't put points in Reverb, but Precision instead as I am using FT/FT and clip FS like a madman. It may be better to change after the patch and reallocate those 2 points, we will see...

dont need 5 sec interupt with a tank who can interupt and an enh sham as well. But alot of things are makeup specific....so idiot is pretty harsh considering everyone else is speaking to each other in a civil manner.