Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How the world see Italians?

Hi fellas, first of all, i'm Italian.
    Our recent "Berlusconi's hookers parties scandal" (yeah we all know that man is a clown) have spread the word in news that other countries started to see us even badlier than before....

So i ask u (since this is a pretty location spread community) ... How u see us from the outside?

This? ^^
    Nah, Italia I relate to food and art

I see you as sleezy in RL.
    Off-topic I see you as terrible players in wow, due to the realm Hakkar and the bad experiences I've had with its Italian players :/

Sorry.

Personally I see Italians as people from another culture...no better or worse than my own....with their own scandals, beauties, ups and downs etc...what I have learned, at least from the US side of things...the media likes to make people believe that whatever they say is fact...and in most cases, they are simply pushing their own agenda. So I love you Italians (Hope to visit someday!)!<--From US

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyho View Post
    I see you as sleezy in RL.
    Off-topic I see you as terrible players in wow, due to the realm Hakkar and the bad experiences I've had with its Italian players :/

Sorry.
    Yeah thats' why i play away from Italians server lol

I don't want to offend anybody, but since you asked:
    Big difference in wealth between north and south, south is ruled by corruption and mafia, north is the playground were the mafia families spend their money.
    Women are divided into two appearances (attention, prejudices): The family type, chubby, cooking pasta all day. And the "dumb" type, likely choosing the career of pointless TV moderation, early usage of plastic surgery in order to meet the men's expectations of a "sexy" woman.
    Men's life is dominated by calcio (football, for the americans: soccer) and by their very own italian machoism. Extensive use of mobile phones (not texting, mainly to talk).

Deleted
    considering all the failure pugs I meet from italianridge (crushridge) I don't like italians and I never will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I am envious of being from a country with such rich history. As for the actual people, of course our stupid television shows like to make fun of anyone different than the majority and that is probably where a lot of people get their ideas, but every country has troubles and your latest scandal is no different from things that go on anywhere else and I hate making opinions of people without KNOWING a greater amount of them.

Deleted
    Sadly I'm originally from the ruin battlegroup of EU, so I was unfortunate enough to be subjected to the abomination of a realm known as hakkar, but more seriously, Italy is a country I have very little exposure to, other than what's on the news, but as serious as it is, I find Berlisconi hilarious for what it's worth.

Deleted
    ''Wait what? They're seriously letting people like Berlusconi actually be in government? What the hell?''
    Also agreeing with what even said, corruption seems to run rampant(I'd seriously look into the government...)
    Thus far none of the italian people I've met in -any- game have actually been nice, able to communicate in english(even if they can write english, they wont, for some weird fucking reason), usually terrible players and yes, I know I'm 'stereotyping', but that's what I've experienced.
    And yes, I know this is 'offensive', but then again, it is also my opinion, based on what I know and what I've experienced.

Deleted
    nice food culture... anti pasti ftw!

As a Greek, i know we are people that dont have many differences in many aspects. But about Berlusconi, i am hearing about Berlusconi's sex scalndals, and other scandals the last 5+ years, the man is in charge there for too many years, he is over 70 yo , he had sex with a 17 yo more than once, and he controls a big portion of Italy's media and u still vote for him, u deserve what ever he does, sorry.

(ofc same goes for our politicians.. the only difference is that we have 2 big parties, which say different things, but ALWAYS do the same, noone ever goes to jail, and people is stupid enouph to inter-change them every 4-8 years instead of voting the lesser parties)
    Got a Warlock as a main, a Druid and a DK at 80 as alts and lvling a Rogue..

"You are only as good player, as the guild you are into"

10+ Year Old Account
    As a quarter-Italian-American who can't speak a lick of Italian outside common pleasantries:

I've been there twice, once with my parents as tourists, and once with my actual Italian family. The difference in how I was treated was night and day - when you're there as a tourist, you're a mark, or a cheap souvenir purchaser, and otherwise no one cares. If you're with actual Italians you know well, people will make the extra effort to get to know you, and be much kinder than otherwise.

Its kinda like France, except they've got better food and, well, they're ruled by a self-absorbed dictator. They get more sun too, which is kinda nice.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Deleted
    I have been there many time, mainly Tuscany with the other half..And its lovely, fantastic weather, Fantastic Friendly people and Amazing food..

Italy and the Italians bring flare To the world, a Relaxed attitude that you cannot find anywhere else in the world, From fashion, Cars and food..

The world would be a poorer place without...

Imo Italians are generally selfish lying egocentrical nationalists that you can't trust, and I like that style tbh, this is coming from the Netherlands. Wish we were a bit more nationalistic here.

edit: Ow yeah I like the food too.

Jk :P
    Last edited by sawier; 2011-01-31 at 04:12 PM.

Pasta, pizza and moustaches.

Deleted
    I don't really think nerdish ppl take care about our politic, even us aren't that interested about the Papi and his bunga bunga.
    Seriously, scandals are all over the world and the vision of Italy is merely a media-extension of what 'they' want people know.
    Exactly like here, where the media want Berlusca dead for a non-political culture, outside of Italy they show us just like pizza eaters and lolwomen hanging around.

Take user EVEN example: south and north, a generalistic idea of us that comes from what? TV, facebook fails and such other popular things that increase the global non-culture.

Yes, most of us aren't great english speakers [look at me], simply because our school system is totally ruined and the last 2-3 generations haven't got it theached properly. Hakkar and Crushrdige are such fail realms for a simply reason: theyr populated by kids. All the WoW Italian players start in there at 12-13 years old simply because they don't have any chance to survive another places. Infact the only serious guilds are the ones full of adult people that play for fun.

Last but non less important, keep in mind that we don't really have Politicians right now. They'r like Warcraft faction doing war using newspapers as weapons. We're totally abandoned on our own, surviving on the ruins of this stupid politician playgame without our permission.

Oh, I play on Neptulon EU just to clarify
    Crushridge and Hakkar FUUUUU!

thay runied runetotem eu so well... i better not say what i feel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masyws View Post
    So i ask u (since this is a pretty location spread community) ... How u see us from the outside?

I consider Italians to be overly passionate people that will get into a heated argument about absolutely everything. Half their country is ruled by the mafia, the other half by the pope. Everybody is a painter with a bicycle, and everybody lives in really big old houses. Everybody eats all the time, yet only women over 50 is fat. All the men over 50 wear hats, have canes, and sit around in a park all day long. And the entire country is a park. Even the big cities are parks. The sun is always shining. And there are goats walking around at strange places. Like in restaurants. And the streets. And everybody has a box of tomatoes standing very close.

I am in no way totally brainwashed by American movies, am I?

I've heard us Norwegians are all farmers, fishermen and truckdrivers, wearing big Norwegian sweaters and living in boats.