Thread: Help!

Help!

So, here is my problem, first and foremost lemme explain where i'm at, i am a resto shaman and im currently raiding 10 mans, about to Kill Nefarian and move on to hard modes. Resto in 10 mans is starting to feel extremely... not useful. Thankfully my raid leader hasn't picked up on this yet. here is my reasoning, every other healer class has some type of "smart" aoe heal:
    -Priests CoH PoH PoM
    -Pallies....i dont know wut it is called but i know they have it
    -Druids have mobile hots and WG.
    -All shaman heals are specifically based on your groups distance, c heal usually is useless becuz groups are always spread out, and it seems unless a is specifically geared to ball up healing rain is also useless.

This is by no means a QQ post about how they need to change shamans, they are great i love the mechanics of them i love the lore, enhance and ele are fun and we are incredibly OP in pvp...but in a 10 man setting im starting to not see a reason why a shaman should even be brought over another healer, the other 3 can honestly do it better. (in a 10 man setting) I've been playing Resto since BC and i know my class inside and out, i still lead charts usually unless its a fight thats 100% spread out the entire fight. But i sitll know that on certain nights and certain fights where i have wiped and known that...if i could aoe heal right now with the grp spread out...we would have not wiped (Burn phase on council in BoT to be specific)

Im trying to hold off on swapping mains as i have so much invested on this toon, time, mounts, gears, ach's, i could go on and on. My question is, does anyone else see where im coming from or have any suggestions!? Thanks : )

(just looking for suggestions not saying shamans need buffed, cuz quite frank...im 2k+ and if they buffed our heals arena would be incredibly unbalanced)

You just need to work on getting your raid trained to group inside of it or run in when they can. Most fights allow for stacking on AOE phase (Magmaw, omnitron, valiona, halfus, etc etc)

The tradeoff for shamans is that it's basically an AOE HoT so we can do other things after we drop it. While yes, WG is a mobile AOE HoT too, healing rain is hugely superior.

It's well agreed that shamans need the following:
    - A small boost to healing wave
    - A defensive CD or two
    - A panic CD or two

Our abilities to AOE heal isn't something that's really been looked upon as bad.

100% agree that healing rain is hugely superior to any aoe any other class has in the game, its just the down side of the pesky 1 person that doesn't stand in the blue..also WTB every player to play with projected textures!! mi know some don't i don't know why but...thats another story. And yeah healing wave does need a boost, i was leveling my priest today and was healing blackrock at lvl 80 as disc, My healing wave equivalent as a priest was critting for around 11000, plus the shields, plus PoM plus renew and i was disc...i couldnt believe it (it was a druid tank)