Can I Crossfire two different cards?

My buddy won an HD4870 from a gaming tournament, and I previously purchased an HD5750 which I am running in my system at the moment...

He has no use for the card or is just too lazy to install it himself, as he doesn't need anymore performance because he only plays wc3 Dota,

I bought the card from him for cheap, is it possible or worth it to crossfire the two cards? or would I be better off selling the card and picking up another 5750?

Unfortunately, no. Much like its rival nVidia with SLI, Crossfire requires alike GPUs to accelerate 3D games and applications. There are some underground hacks and workarounds to this limitation, yet keep in mind even if you succeed in finding, activating and using such an implementation, your multi-GPU setup will only be as fast as the slowest card.

Deleted
    The 4870 is faster than your 5750, but doesn't support DX11 and all the other crap.
    Might be something to think about.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW doesn't take advantage of SLI/Crossfire, and your performance may DECREASE while using two video cards.
    Last edited by Atrea; 2011-01-31 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    The 4870 is faster than your 5750, but doesn't support DX11 and all the other crap.
    Might be something to think about.
    Wonder which would perform better in WoW with DX11 mode enabled though.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely