Mirror of Broken Images .. Does your Raid need it for some of the HC Bosses.

Ok so there has been a lot of discussion in my guild between the officers of either having our raiders pick up Mirror of Broken Images so that fights like Nef HC and others who deal a bit more elemental dmg so its easier on the healers.

Another officer and myself are in agreement that Replacing a DPS or Healing Trinket for Mirror of Broken Images would not be a good idea since your losing dps or hps that will not equal to the gain your getting having the Mirror equiped since mastery is also not the best stat around for a lot of dps and even after reforging I still do not think it will make up for what you're already losing from not having your DPS/Healing trinket equipped.

Now I have been looking around through theorycrafting sites and many other forums for any inclination that these other officers are correct or incorrect in their assumption that having this trinket over what your already have equipped for dps or healing is a better outcome for the raid. I know tanks are picking this up since the mastery on it alone is great for us, but i just dont think its the same for others in the raid to even have it on.

I guess what i am aiming for is to see if any other guilds have had this decision come up and see what route they took and the reason why.
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

I don't think your gonna get an answer on these forums considering very few people are able to get that far in HM. I recommend going to either manaflask.com or pargons website and asking on their forums since they've down these bosses, and you'll get a better supported answer other than 2nd guesses by us.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    I don't think your gonna get an answer on these forums considering very few people are able to get that far in HM.
    I don't think personal experience stops most WoW players from commenting on something in game.

As for the trinkets I think that's really more up to the individual person and how much it actually affects their ability to perform in the fight. I haven't tried heroic Nef so haven't seen the damage he's putting out, but I can't see the need myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    I don't think your gonna get an answer on these forums considering very few people are able to get that far in HM. I recommend going to either manaflask.com or pargons website and asking on their forums since they've down these bosses, and you'll get a better supported answer other than 2nd guesses by us.
    true but it will still bring up a nice discussion since these guys are pushing for ppl ot get them even for the normal modes of the fights.
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

Its not a must, but it is very good to say the least... I wonder why you diddent consider only having a few dpsers get it though, doesnt have to be all in. dpsers that dont have a reliable CD to use should have the trinket.

Deleted
    It is very very useful for Nef P2, though tbh if you have a decent raid composition (ie, bring paladins) with sufficient raid cooldowns it's really not needed.

P1 and P3 Nef the damage is very light (cept on tanks) and it's more of a dps race, the healing requirement isn't much of an issue and the aoe will never kill you. So I'd go with max dps trinkets.

Deleted
    We only just recently began HMs. Obviously us tanks use it, and I'm considering asking my friends to get it too once we see which mechanics that'll cause us problems.

But really, it is truly effective for many encounters. Nefarian is probably -the- reason, but fights like Valiona, Council, Chimaeron and similar encounters with unavoidable, predictable sources of magical damage would make great use of the trinket. It's roughly -50% damage taken from all magical sources. That's better than any AoE CD available and I would be proud to have raid members picking this trinket up should we be wiping from deaths and/or oom healers.

I think the only fight where it is extremely valuable is heroic Nef, where a lightning strike that is not met with a serious raid CD can cause a wipe. Other fights I think can be done without it, but my guild is only on its 4th heroic so that remains to be seen.

Personally I think it's an extremely useful trinket but only for those without reasonably strong personal CDs, or ones that could adversely affect raid performance. F.ex. it can be extremely useful on Magmaw due to just how intense the lava spews and the final phase are, Omnotron when things get hairy between shadow conducter + chemical cloud + incineration measure, in which any combination is unbelievably punishing. Atramedes it has it's uses because again healing up at some points the closer to the air phase you get becomes somewhat intense. Conclave, storm shields/sleet storm.

Really, it's very, very useful. It's not a requirement since quite a lot of classes have their own strong CDs (Barkskin, Shamanistic Rage, Divine Protection, Shield Wall, IBF etc.) however it's clear why it's tempting, hense why so many mages in the more punishing heroics are speccing frost. This tier is far more about survival than DPS most of the time.