Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation [PvE - unholy] dps failing

hello guys

The problem is that my dps is failing im a unholy spec dk and my rotation is:

icy touch,plague strike,blood strike,scourge strike,blood strike,death coil,horn of winter,death coil,scourge strike,blood strike,scourge strike then blood strike then repeat.

the cooldowns dont work in this rotacion as i have to wait 10 secs till cooldowns done for next attack so i need a new one.
    Atm my dps is only 788 and im lvl 84!
    I did an instance today and i was 2nd in recount thats new to me im normally 4th just above healer ^^ and then i went back to 4th.
    because my dps is 788 what should it be i saw on internet that it should be 6k dps and if i cant even get it to 1k then i have a problem

i dont know what to do im a noob on this and any help would be really helpfull

thanks alot calum
    Last edited by mmoc2612492aba; 2011-01-31 at 08:08 PM.

I ain't got much experience with DK's myself, but you might find some useful info over here.

Ok i shall try to help you out since I am such a nice guy, dont use such a rigid rotation, and also your rotation is probably way off. Go to elitistjerks.com -> forum --> death knight -> unholy thread. Read and learn all that is in that entire thread before asking any questions >BD->-<
    Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2011-02-02 at 04:38 AM. Reason: now a 100% retard free posting.

This is a troll, you do more than 788 DPS just with your pet and autoattacks, go troll somewhere else.

stand back! i will feed the troll!
    lvl 84 rotation: outbreak, festering strikeX2 SSX6, death coil on procs and when near RP cap, repeat, pop CDS and ghoul UBER from when nessecary
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Quote Originally Posted by the lich knough View Post
    stand back! i will feed the troll!
    lvl 84 rotation: outbreak, festering strikeX2 SSX6, death coil on procs and when near RP cap, repeat, pop CDS and ghoul UBER from when nessecary
    When nescesarry? Dont you mean as soon as possible and as often as possible? :-3

Deleted
    Festering strike>Blood strike as unholy.. there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Earll View Post
    When nescesarry? Dont you mean as soon as possible and as often as possible? :-3
    yes, but typing that takes effort and time, in small quantities

---------- Post added 2011-01-31 at 08:23 PM ----------

and btw his troll post would leave frost runes alone 23/7
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deathhoix View Post
    Fine dont help me ffs
    Pls stop being an immature baby! Ppl did in fact try to help you, they stated what rotation would work as a lvl 84 and they guided you to EJ. Tbh this post belongs in the class forum, this is for dungeon and raids. So by posting in class forum, you might get more feed back from experienced DK's (not saying that these guys aren't). But your attitude alone lets me to believe, you're a child. Learn to make use of the massive amounts of websites that offers a multitude of services when it comes to WoW.

And bringing that attitude into a forum might not be the best way of getting others to help you with the basics of your class buddy......

15+ Year Old Account
    As for that part where you said you're doing 788DPS as a level 84 - that's just straight up wrong. You're either lying here or totally beyond help, because my FROST DK (ie no ghoul) does 1100DPS simply autoattacking WITH MY FISTS (accurate as of two days ago).

So if you're doing under 1k DPS while trying to maintain some semblance of a moveset, there's only one reason - you're wearing the wrong gear, or no gear at all. Do not wear +int plate. Do not wear leather, cloth or mail. Avoid plate with +dodge and +parry on it.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Guys, if he doesn't know how to dps, he probably doesn't know how to find out what his dps is. He's probably saying 788 when it's something much different.

Also, my first thought was TROLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. But a quick search of previous posts told a different story, do a search.

Do some research before calling troll on someone, he's 12.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid troll is obviously fail.
    Yeah 700 dps... Try again.

If you do the rotation you said you were doing, you would be doing over 3 - 4k, without even trying.

this is TROLOLOLOL, I did 700 dps on my DK at like level 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Raise your weapon skill level bro. Though, I think even auto attacking pulls roughly that amount. In any case, drop the idea of Unholy DPS being a rotation. It's a priority system. Read about it at EJ or one of the stickies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otos View Post
    Raise your weapon skill level bro.
    There's no such thing any more.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    well i went on my character screen and it said 778 dps and when i fight im always last.(just above healer)

look im sorry guys im only 13 and well i dont know how to play wow.
    you dont have to respond anymore ill go get my druid to 85 instead but thanks for the help its because i checked elitejerks and i dont understand anything in it but anyways thanks for helping me
    Last edited by mmoc2612492aba; 2011-02-01 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deathhoix View Post
    well i went on my character screen and it said 778 dps and well when i fight im always last.
    OK, the character screen is an estimation of how much DPS you'd do just auto attacking. If you want to know what your actual DPS is, you should download and install the Recount addon.

For Unholy, what you'll actually want to do instead is more like:

Put up Diseases (if you can use Outbreak, do so. If not, use Frost Fever then Plague Strike)
    Cast Scourge Strike (twice if you used Outbreak)
    Cast Festering Strike (twice if you used Outbreak)
    Cast Death Coil until you get the Runic Corruption Buff, or until you can cast Scourge Strike again.

Eventually you'll be able to transform your Ghoul into an Abomination, you should do that as soon as you have a rune available to do it.

Now, there is a priority system that is somewhat more complicated than above, and certainly more specific and detailed, but that should at least get you started. The aforementioned link to the Unholy thread on Elitist Jerks, or one of the stickies in the DK Forum is a good second place to look.

try and change your recount from "Overall" to "Current"

it's probably pooled since when you started leveling lol.

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Guys, if he doesn't know how to dps, he probably doesn't know how to find out what his dps is. He's probably saying 788 when it's something much different.
    hes obviously not doing 700 dps as you can do more than that with a completely naked level 55 dk while only meleeing.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

Here's a good rotation for you to try:

1. Uninstall WoW
    2. Sell your computer