Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevoq View Post
    If you really are only 13... Cataclysm made "rotations" into more of a "what you have available at that moment" that you still have power in setting up though.

On the initial single target pull you should use:

Outbreak
    Festering Strike x2 (You will then have 4 death runes eventually)
    Scourge Strike x6 (Use Just spam this until you use up your death runes and unholy runes)
    Death Coil (When abilities are on CD or you get a free DC proc)

If you have a frost rune and a blood rune that ARE NOT death runes you should use festering strike.

Unholy is basically a 3 button priority system. Transform your ghoul as soon as you can (every time you can).
    If you have to switch targets, obviously use icy touch and plague strike then do your dps as normal.
    Use your dps trinkets before summoning your gargoyle and that will increase your dps too and use them when you want to but be smart with it.
    Lastly don't forget about Empower Rune Weapon.
    No offense, but don't listen to this post, it's woefully inaccurate. Read my post above, you need to keep all resources on cooldown, so you don't use the same runes twice opening up, you use all of them once. Then start on priority, you also don't just use death coils when your other abilities are on CD, you use it whenever you are about to be RP capped and/or have a free one and/or don't have a runic corruption proc. Proccing runic corruption is the most important thing as an unholy dk, so it should have the most uptime as is possible, which translates into using death coil as soon as runic corruption wears off, followed by another attack based on what runes you have the most of, then if you still don't have runic corruption from the death coil, use another death coil, that's how it is supposed to be done. In 4.0.6, unless they changed it back, subsequent runic corruption procs will extend its duration rather than overlapping and 'wasting' the procs, for that reason, DC will be used a LOT more, if you look at the meters after a boss fight, death coil is a major contributor, it shouldnt be your 'i have nothing else to do' button, that button is called Horn of Winter.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

I honestly hope more than half of you realize DnD is one of our top DMGing skills(Yes single target).

*Quoted from EJ* Diseases > Dark Transformation > DnD*/SS if both Unholy and/or all Death runes are up > FeS if both pairs of Blood and Frost runes are up >DC if SD, 100 RP, will overcap RP with anything else or if RC isn’t up > DnD*/SS > FeS > DC > HoW.

Is the priority you'd like to follow, once on lock you should be pulling greater numbers, though I don't know how much you are pulling at the moment. In my opinion age doesn't mean jack in this game. I'm 19 and understand the concepts of this game better than people in their 20's+(From experience of course) also I've known a shaman in my old guild who was 15 and destroyed healing meters and our other healers who are in their 20's+ hated him because of the fact that he was correct about his "way of healing". Again if you're learning to actually DPS and want to improve it's highly suggested you check out Elitistjerks.com and go step by step, you DO learn a HUGE amount especially when you start crafting your own numbers and what not. Don't be alarmed when you pull less this Tuesday(Next patch 4.0.6) since Unholy is getting a nerf that pretty much went overboard.

Don't use blood strike or icy touch. Just festering strike and outbreak when its up.

Deleted
    i smell a troll

i think only one poster really understood. He is looking at his weapon dmg or something, on his character sheet, not his dmg he actually did. He needs recount if he is concerned about dps. Then he will know where he really stands. Knowing most people can't play DK's properly should be no suprise by now.
    Get to 85. Get Recount. Get on the test dummies. Link your Armory page, link you dmg on the test dummy and read the EJ thread. Make sure you are hit capped and expertise capped. DK rotation\ priority is more RNG than it used to be, but it is by no means hard.

try replacing Blood strike with festering strike lil higher damage then blood strike

well do u have any haste at all?
    but that shouldnt matter if i take off all my gear at 85 im doing 3.5k dps ur just completely not following the rotation are u not?

15+ Year Old Account
    obvious troll is obvious

Quote Originally Posted by H3ll View Post
    obvious troll is obvious
    The mostest /facepalm thing about this thread is that the obvious troll OP got 3 pages of reply.

....... and I add to the /facepalmishness with more post =)

Ehm... i do more than 700dps just autoattacking in caster form as a cat, so you're definitely not even trying to put yourself on something and hitting it. Even throwing totally random abilities you should do 4x times better at least.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Deleted
    Just leave him, he is just trying to troll the forum :/ close threat please.

I'm locking this. While it may seem like an attempt to troll there is alot of info put into it. I still think there is some attempt to troll but I'm just gonna lock this for now.

@OP I would suggest you visit elististjerks.com and visit the forums> Death knight> then the unholy specific thread really good information.