Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Those weird little things we all do.

So I was in the shower just a little bit ago when I sat down. I sometimes do this because it's relaxing and I like laying back against the wall and closing my eyes. I happened to slide down onto the bathtub floor this time, and instead of pulling myself up, I stuck my feet up into the stream of water to see what it felt like. It took a few seconds for me to stop and realize, "Wow, I am fucking weird. I honestly can't believe that anybody would do this." I then stopped and stood up again. =P

But I'm sure I can't be the only one... What weird things do you guys do?

15+ Year Old Account
    I sleep

* In the tub
    * In the shower (Yes kinda leaning on the wall)
    * On the bus to school
    * On the bus from school
    * waiting for the bus
    * In the car (I get a ride to the bus station)
    A couple years ago i also slept in class, level of sound was not an issue to me.

I basically fall asleep at any given time i know i have to wait for 10+ min. I can almost instantly fall asleep. But when i get in an actual bed in the evenings i cannot sleep. If i lay down on the bed after school, still wearing clothes i can fall asleep. I can fall asleep on my computer desk.

Yet i do not sleep more than 4-5 hours per night.
    Last edited by kailtas; 2011-01-31 at 11:17 PM.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

I usually just stare or "deep look" at things, people or landscapes. I can spend more than 10 mins staring a person and not laugh at all. There was one time tho, when I was deep meditating in front of a groupmate, when she suddenly pulled her chair back, I kept looking at her bewbs for a long period of time (they say), but my mind was somewhere else. By the time I noticed it, her face was red and the rest of my groupmates were all like "perv" go watch a pron, and stuff like that.

Deleted
    Sometimes I repair my gear 8 times in 10 minutes.

Deleted
    Me and my friends are REALLY wierd, if im with my friends, and someone else walks into the room, they would be like "WTF are you doing?!". We're really random. Sometimes when we're all quiet, one of us just lets out a random scream w/e.
    And one day, when I was shopping clothes with my closest friend, he started talking a wierd swedish accent, and ofc wierd as I am, I started talking it aswell. The fun thing was, this was in the "rush hour" and we talked kinda loud, was loads of fun!

i sleep in the shower for a long time. i normally spend 30 minutes out of the 1 hour i give myself in the morning to get ready sleeping in the shower.

i also like taking the little circle thing under the caps off and i chew on them
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddilus
    fireball
    what can't be solved by shooting a fireball at it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    I'll say Night Elves. They'll hide in their treehouse, put up a "No orks allwed" sign and pull up the ladder.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    all the talk of sleep makes me jealous, since I seem to not be getting much lately; even been considering having myself tested for sleep apnea since my dad has it and I'm worried it might be hereditary...

p.s. kailtas <3 all the Hagar stuff ^^

Dunno if it's classed as wierd as such. But you know when you are shopping (especially during busy periods) and people like to randomly cut you off in every direction. Well a few mates and I now purposely do it to random people as we shop. Will find someone out of the crowd and find new and amusing ways to randomly cut them off. Sometimes we get them stuck in between 2 walls, etc.
    Azrax, Level 85 Gnome Rogue
    Kárnivool, Level 85 Human Priest
    <Ka Pai> - New Zealand based 25 man, 3 day raiding guild. We strive to provide an attractive, enjoyable, and constructive raid environment. Currently 4/8 Heroic Dragon Soul.

---- Currently Retired from Early Dragon Soul Progression, will be back for Mists!! ----

Weird little things we all do, hmm.

Whenever I walk outside in winter, and there's lots of snow, I take snow into my hands and imagine my mittens are eating the snow. My mittens are hungry too, you know. :<

Deleted
    I tease people, a lot, I know exactly when to make that turn, twirl, smirk, wink, sultry look, blush etc.
    'tis great fun, especially when you take a bus.
    Also I like to ''stare'' at stuff while I'm thinking (I usually fixate my gaze to a...location that's awkward for the person I'm ''staring'' at, sometimes yields fun results.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not necessarily weird, but I constantly sing (when driving especially). Sometimes when I'm bored, I'll "dodge" people. Start walking toward and oncoming person, and dramatically "barely made it" dodge past them. Sometimes, I also practice my ninja moves at work when no one is watching.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If there is a crunchy looking leaf nearby, I shift the way I'm walking just so I can step on it even if it's 10 feet away.
    I often intentionally wait for ghetto idiots that walk with a fake limp and are singing out loud to look at me just so they can see me laughing at them.
    On the rare occasion that I go shopping, I'll show great interest in something that's really expensive, try it on or fiddle with it for a while, then turn it down because it's "not what I would have expected" just because I can't afford it.
    I can't pick up dog poo with a shovel, but I'm totally fine picking my horse's feet that have been standing in muck and goodness knows what else alll day.
    Whenever I'm in a restuarant or other place where we must sit down, I always have my back to a wall so I can see everyone in the room. If not, I feel uneasy and am always checking over my shoulder even though I have no reason to.

Deleted
    hmmm..nothing special..

-i keep controlling the cell every 5-10 mins. I never want to miss some mex from gf or friends!
    -i go trance when i watch some dark/malicious video/picture while listening to nu/trash/death metal

Deleted
    I often need as much as 3 or 4 hours of relaxation in bed before I can actually get to sleep. Worse yet, I'll sometimes wake up at 3am with cold sweat and my whole body shaking for no apparent reason.

I don't like meat but am forced to eat it because of my way of life (going to the gym, diet etc). And I do eat a lot- at least 500g a day. I loathe every bite.

I'll sometimes program or abuse people in some way. At other times, I'll try seeing them as many pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. What made someone the person he is today, what the reason for a slip of the tongue was, it can be fun but usually gets depressing when I realize how lonely I am and how unfairly I'm treating the few people in my life.

I have similar meditation/day-dreaming moments to some of the above posters. Sometimes I'll just want to be left alone yet people seem to think I'm obliged to stay in their world and pay attention to what they're saying. I nearly broke a classmate's arm once when he wouldn't leave me alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sometimes go downstairs for no reason.... Like if I'm auto flying somewhere I just go downstairs then go right back up... I always do it and never know why.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not weird. But I keep checking my fridge when i'm hungry.

I mean, it's got the same stuff in it as it did that last 100x I checked it. But I check it again anyway like I am hoping something I want suddenly appears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

10+ Year Old Account
    movie quotes... I can't help myself. Even if the quote is wrong or paraphrased, most of the people im around know what I'm talking about.

Yesterday, while working in the fuel cell of a jet, I got a bit clostraphobic. When a co-worker leaned his head into the hole above and told me something else needed to be done, I shouted " I hate how cowboys come up to russian space station, and try to tell russian what to do!"
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

Quote Originally Posted by mrbadxampl View Post
    all the talk of sleep makes me jealous, since I seem to not be getting much lately; even been considering having myself tested for sleep apnea since my dad has it and I'm worried it might be hereditary...
    Sleep apnoea is a symptom and not a cause. There are numerous causes of sleep apnoea. The most common is obesity and the next common is sinus deformities. One of the least common causes is shallow breathing. So sleep apnoea itself is not hereditary, however the cause might be.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orodoth View Post
    movie quotes... I can't help myself. Even if the quote is wrong or paraphrased, most of the people im around know what I'm talking about.

Yesterday, while working in the fuel cell of a jet, I got a bit clostraphobic. When a co-worker leaned his head into the hole above and told me something else needed to be done, I shouted " I hate how cowboys come up to russian space station, and try to tell russian what to do!"
    this is SO me! I have an answer for almost anything ready at all times and it's either a movie quote or from a TV show I like (Big Bang Theory most of the time, but also Brisco County, MST3K and a few others)

Quote Originally Posted by grothezk View Post
    I usually just stare or "deep look" at things, people or landscapes. I can spend more than 10 mins staring a person and not laugh at all. There was one time tho, when I was deep meditating in front of a groupmate, when she suddenly pulled her chair back, I kept looking at her bewbs for a long period of time (they say), but my mind was somewhere else. By the time I noticed it, her face was red and the rest of my groupmates were all like "perv" go watch a pron, and stuff like that.
    same kind of situation happens to me. I "phase out" and daydream. I'm completely immersed in the dream and my eyes are shut off even though they're open, so all the people outside see is me (presumably, i don't know, they haven't videotaped me and put it on youtube...yet) leaning back, eyes staring open, and drooling a little bit at whatever I'm facing. Far too many times I've "woken up" from this semi-sleep state to find my head pointed directly at a nearby woman's chest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.