Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Im having the same issue's yes.

Ive been raiding since the start basically and i have currently 3 plate items that dropped from raids. Including the PvP boots from Argaloth..
    Yesterday i finally got the helm from ascendant council yay! (oh and im the only holy paladin in the guild yes.)

I've gotten 5 hunter drops out of BH so far, and pretty much every week drops some mail items, am i lucky?

BTW yes that does mean i've gotten one piece out of BH double

Also, our prot paladin has 8 holy epics so far.
    Last edited by Malkhor; 2011-02-10 at 03:41 PM.

Deleted
    Mail drops all the time for my guild. Really, it drops atleast 1 mail item from each boss.

Mostly shaman caster gear, but also alot of hunter gear aswell. It's retarded.

Our holydin in the guild is having the same problem...not obtaining any gear at all... the fun part is, we dont even have a resto/caster shaman to get all that gear.

Disenchant ftw.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP, you'd probably hate my guild. We have no Holy Pallies, and DE'd 10 pieces of 359 Holy Pally Gear from BWD and BoT. :s

Only Holy Paladin in the guild - int plate drops like nobody's business. Currently all in 359 plate epics. Random loot is random. And yes, as someone said above there is far too much mail going about. There are like 5 int mail belts.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirony View Post
    I have been raiding since the second week cata came out. 3 weeks in i was 11/12 with my guild. Currently I have gotten 2 pieces of loot. This is not a post QQing about not getting loot. I just want to know if anyone els is having issues with SP plate items droping?

*I am the only Hpally in raid so im not losing the items the items just simply not dropin.
    A big problem when they made it so that you can only run one raid once per week is that the loot tables in the raids are now tailored for 25 man runs.
    When you run a 10 man raid, the loot tables are still set up for 25 man mode, this is a bad design.

For this reason alone, I do not raid in Cataclysm. You find that reason stupid? No problem, it's your opinion, I understand.

So if you run purely 10 man with your guild, you have even less of a chance to see what you want, drop.
    If you run 25 man then there are more people that roll on stuff.

I will utter my opinion here too, and face people that if they read this, complain to me and disagree, because that is the nature of how this usually ends up.

>INDUVIDUAL REWARDING<

In todays world, the jerkness of people in general has attained new heights, people need rolling on whatever they can, people hating on other players, in general, it's become quite crappy.

Induvidual rewarding of players would be a solution for many a player to not get griefed the way they do.
    It's not part of a solution that won't really fix anything, it's part of a solution that will fix the gear obtaining part of the game, without the ninja or RNG part playing it's part to make your life miserable when playing the game (any MMO game for that reason if it has a system like this).

The enchanting mats and all other things concerning loot can be fixed in other countless ways, it should be easy to come up with a solution on that part if one just thinks about it, not gonna bother throwing an idea about that out here as it's not part of the topic at hand.

If every piece of loot obtained inside a 5 man instance or a raid instance was induvidually rewarded through tokens, badges, emblems, points, whatever the choice is. That would make the game a lot more fair. The thing is, Blizzard wins out on the RNG factor, in that people will generally play more and for longer that way.

I'm not saying cut RNG out of the game, some silly person on another forum thought I mean't cut out the RNG of everything inside an MMO game, that's not what I'm saying. A game has to have RNG in many parts of it to work, at least a MMO game.

What I'm saying is, cut out the RNG factor of gear that people equip to boost their stats which is obtained from any instance type, be it 5 man, 10 man or 25 man.

This way, each induvidual showing up for a raid will get properly rewarded for the time and effort spent playing the game and raiding with your online friends. No more loot arguements, no more 2 months + and it's still not dropped for me (or it dropped and someone else won it), no more ninjaing, no more of loot going out to the wrong person. No more DKP system for guilds, loot council or whatever else people can come up with.

But that's the problems of human beings, we seek competition and winning over others, in whatever way that is.

It's already implemented in WoW actually, the PvP system, and as I wrote, the point system as it is in place right now, but there are most certainly other more fun ways to reward gear induvidually like that, one just needs to come up with it.

I suppose few will read all of this, but those that do. Just think about it, don't you realize that no gear arguing would benefit the community greatly?
    When has there ever been an arguement about gear in PvP in WoW? Never? Or just the arguement that honor income is too slow, or that some items through honor costs too much.

In PvE there are loot arguements and RNG personal issues all the time, it blows up in-game, on forums, wherever, all the time.
    This can all be avoided easily, and I hope it's part of the future of MMO gaming as we see it.
    Some of the upcoming games will be about induvidual rewarding, and I welcome those games with open arms, even if I won't be playing some of them.

Just something to think about.
    Field Marshal, YUH, 'nuff said.
    /bonk

I'm almost entirely epic. Just missing the shoulders off Chimaeron, and i've replaced almost every crafted but Engi helm already.

We've gotten every holy paladin loot like once and i'm the only holy paladin--only made a few shards out of it so far.

Chimaeron won't drop shoulders after ALL THESE WEEKS though.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enchanted my gear with former holy pally loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlyskilled View Post
    I enchanted my gear with former holy pally loot.
    You make me weep.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Weep on my boots, they need polishing.

*purr*

Quote Originally Posted by Rlyskilled View Post
    Weep on my boots, they need polishing.

*purr*
    My weeping will just add more parry. A warning before I do it! (I will!)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    They already have parry on them, you might as well. :<

I've been getting holy paladin loot like crazy. I got one our first week, two the next, and one so far this week (another chance at more tonight). Given our current progress of 3/12 Normal, that's pretty good.

I got tier helm and shoulders before anything half decent. I have yet to see any haste offpieces drop. I'm just hoping heroics will drop stuff lol so it'll make up for it

Hmm Ironic that RNG will drop the same loot + more loot for others then just one class. Ironic I think its just a conspiracy
    Loot isint random since vanilla, raid leader has influency over the drops, if you want to see other stuff dropping change raid leader spot. For stance, when the GM of my guild is the RL, we dont have plate drops (he is a warrrior by the way).

problem with palis is.....that they are palis,
    since day one they get to have their own uniqe gear drops, it makes them uniqly happy when that happens and rest of the raid sad
    when there is none in the raid ,
    and in the meanwhile they get to grab plate drops from all the rest...an act that can not be done by other plate classes...

so thats the sad thing....realy

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Paladins are the only class with unique armor drops?
    Yeah, because hunters love that spirit mail.

=]

Hmm Ironic that RNG will drop the same loot + more loot for others then just one class. Ironic I think its just a conspiracy
    lol yeah, we got 3 or 4 rogue daggers to drop off tron with one rogue in the raid -__-

Its fine if you use DKP

1/30 chance you'll ever see your plate drop, 1/1 chance you'll win all the other gear

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarcarde View Post
    lol yeah, we got 3 or 4 rogue daggers to drop off tron with one rogue in the raid -__-
    Chimaeron drops 2 sets of the holy paladin shoulders every week without fail for my raid.
    Double dragons drop double tank trinkets nearly religiously.

Our gbank is rich in Maelstrom crystals. =P