Page 1 of 2
LastLast

what can kill a deck out affliction warlock?

when i mean deck out is geared with arena equipement and weapon.
    basically any conquest/honor item.

it's so hard to bring down his health.

equally geared. i can't seems to see any warrior/rogue/mage/dk able to bring them down.

what are their weakness?

I can beat an affliction warlock with 3.5k resil on a 2.5k rated team 1v1, as a prot warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Allìus View Post
    I can beat an affliction warlock with 3.5k resil on a 2.5k rated team 1v1, as a prot warrior.
    ya kidding me.

An Affliction Warlock's weakness are warriors.

Being able to break Fear with trinkets/cooldowns/Bladestorm, close gaps with Intercepts and Hamstring, and being able to interrupt their Shadow spells makes them useless. Curse of Exhaustion is unable to keep a good Warrior away and it's being nerfed in the next patch (though greater range may help...)

It has been this way since vanilla.

I'm a feral druid, so it never seems to matter much what their spec is :P

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonP View Post
    ya kidding me.
    no, i might be able to fraps it this weekend if you want.

feral druid will do fine against them.

i'm arm or fury warrior . i tried both

but i can't kill them most of the time...
    normally till 20% after i blow all my CD on him even enrage regeneration.
    i pummel all casting whenever it's up.

=/

armory me if u want

arm - single axe , fury - duel axe.

both spec i tried , fury is the one that brought him down to a reasonable health.

i can't go beyond 50 or below using arm spec =/

plankasaur - barthlias
    Last edited by CrimsonP; 2011-02-01 at 04:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    well really depends a warrior should be able to do it as prot 100% of the time, as arms i can pretty much kite that shit like an ice mage. A feral druid who can play would rip through a warlock, unholy death knights do the same but they need to know there class aswell as a good warlock does in order to do this.

but my main issues in 1v1 is prot warrior, (depending on his reflects) feral druid (if he is any good), and unholy DKS (same as feral).
    Last edited by crazyness; 2011-02-01 at 05:05 AM.

same with a priest fearing to get off a VT, locks'll fear to get off a haunt. don't sit in fears at all but watch for chain fears, don't waste your trinket or rage like he'll try to get you to do. all about interrupting the haunt and using gap closers wisely. spell reflect UA when you can. dead lock.
    Dinkin Flicka.

Pummel his casts every chance u have , spell reflect Haunt , time Berserker Rage to his Fears to negate them and thats it

Every class/spec that has immunitycounter to fear and decent damage will kill affliction lock

But yet again it depends on what kind of fight scenario u are talking about?

Is that a 2v2 fight with Resto Druid/Holy Paladin on his side ?
    If so your healer/team partner needs to play more offensive than usual to bring him down
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Have a resto shaman for a partner and that affliction lock isn't killing anyone.

nah i'm talking about duel lol

I actually have big problems vs. prot warriors. They also suck a lot of damage and they have a really good control with thier stuns and refelcts.

well lets be clear. you WONT kill a descent affliction lock with a healer on your own, nor will you in arena, unless you are with a shaman. -----which will change in 4.06

edit-- I see you're talking 1v1 now, a good warrior is a strong counter to any spec of lock 1v1. you'll have less of a chance if the lock is demo. personally I can't counter a GOOD warrior arms or prot ( i fair better against arms)--"as affliction" they just chunk my hp down too much when im in range.

but you're asking for help to counter a lock in the lock forum o.O
    Last edited by Glnger; 2011-02-01 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    but you're asking for help to counter a lock in the lock forum o.O
    Who know's better how to counter a lock than a lock?

Yeah warriors/ferals/dks are pretty good against affliction locks. Stupid ferals.....

Deleted
    Introduce a pillar/tree to the fight between a warrior and a warlock and (assuming the warrior doesn't kill the lock before he can get to the pillar/tree) the lock would win.

CoE + dots + tree, the warrior can't charge the warlock or get into melee range, the only difficult part for the lock then is refreshing the dots.

If I'm wrong I don't mind being corrected, it was in TBC when I last did this to warriors
    Last edited by mmocc7ae5c5557; 2011-02-01 at 12:48 PM.

in an ideal world there would be a pillar every 10 yards and a lock would have their portal at every one, but alas this is not the case :*()

wars are getting their wtfqqzharbbqdinosaurlargetrex nerfs soon, so hopefully i can be done with the stun, stun, charge, intercept, stun, charge (obviously im exaggerating) but holy balls does it feel like that
    Last edited by Glnger; 2011-02-01 at 12:59 PM.

Warriors and Feral druids, and not so much with the Feral Druids next patch.

15+ Year Old Account
    ferals are cake as affliction, get range dot up and spam exhaustion at the right time so they cant shift it and catch you, by the time berserking runs out and he has no dots up yet you've won. make sure you keep your portal up as u kite

Quote Originally Posted by Imbashiethz View Post
    ferals are cake as affliction, get range dot up and spam exhaustion at the right time so they cant shift it and catch you, by the time berserking runs out and he has no dots up yet you've won. make sure you keep your portal up as u kite
    I'd say Pounce usually puts a dent in your plan to avoid any bleeds. Not having a portal up before he goes at you complicates things further.