Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

Dark Intent on pets WTF?

I have noticed lately when I ask a lock if I can have his dark intent, as I will keep it up all the time for him, they say no, I'm putting it on my pet. Is there something I am completely missing or do they just want to keep the 3% buff for themselves and not take the 9% increased dot damage? Just curious because I am a shadowpriest and them puts a good dent in my damage and dps, even though each lock that says no ends up doing worse than me.

he's a moron. period.
    Shadow priests, resto druids both are just OP for dark intent. If you don't put it on one of those classes when avaible - you're an idiot. No reason to prioritize 3%haste on pet over 3%hast on other player + improved raid DPS/HPS..

Deleted
    They are probably just selfish. Haven't really seen any lock in our 25man raid putting it on his pet. Find it really odd

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah he's a dummy. It does work with Burning Embers from the imp, but the right thing to do for raid dps would be to put it on an spriest in that case. Mages(fire) are also not a bad choice for DI, although they wont have 100% uptime for the 3 stack. Resto druids are GREAT to put it on if your heals need the help - depends on the fight.

Deleted
    Locks giving me that (muti rogue) sometimes in bg, i'm like "lulz"

Deleted
    Well DI if you put on you pet, you just give x3 stacks to your pet, but he dont give a shit to you, so yeah, Spriests/Boomkins are shexy choise for DI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meizor View Post
    maybe coz of ruptures? dunno lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meizor View Post
    Not the best one to give to, but you should realize that its good for your garrote, rupture and deadly poison, which are a significant part of your damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol are they afraid you may come higher then them on recount if they buff you?
    I've met people like that... Gimp raid DPS so their dick looks bigger on the meters...

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Not the best one to give to, but you should realize that its good for your garrote, rupture and deadly poison, which are a significant part of your damage.
    it's not much a part of our damage, but their uptime is near to 100%.

I used to give FM to a hunter pet sometimes in Wrath when people were an !@$%holes to me. Worked like a charm.

Anyone putting DI on their pet (even if its a Destro Imp) is a moron.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    it's not much a part of our damage, but their uptime is near to 100%.
    It's not a matter of the sum total damage, but rather the relative amount of critting ticks (thus, indirectly uptime). Of course you yourself don't benefit from it drastically if said DoTs aren't huge in your repertoire, but the Warlock does gain the benefit no matter who procs it with what. If there's no one else doing much DoT/HoT-based dmg/healing apart from the Warlock, you would be the least bad choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to put FM on Rogues in randoms if we had no other mage/lock because for some reason Poison was considered magic. Have no idea why but its procd like crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomity View Post
    Yeah he's a dummy. It does work with Burning Embers from the imp, but the right thing to do for raid dps would be to put it on an spriest in that case. Mages(fire) are also not a bad choice for DI, although they wont have 100% uptime for the 3 stack. Resto druids are GREAT to put it on if your heals need the help - depends on the fight.
    No it doesn't, Burning Embers can't trigger it. It's classified as the Warlock's spell as Soulfire can apply it as well.

In my raids i put it on resto druids. 9% extra health to hots can really save the day. Plus save the healer some mana

lol i do give it to my pet when i'm solo questing, why give up free 3%?

as far as dungeons go i give to the healer, especially druids and priests since their hots are constantly proc'ing the buff and i'm sure my dots are giving it right back.

just don't be that lock that gives it to another lock.../facepalm
    This pretty much sums up how i feel about this thread

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxxormcownage View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...de-(2010-12-24

Think they're somewhat right on with that.
    This 100%. If people ignore this post, then they are ignorant or don't read forums as this is up on both the MMO forums (obviously) and Elitest Jerks. It has stood up to criticism on both forums.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope Gherkin punches your warlock in the junk.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests