Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What is the big deal with dancing

I cant for the life of me understand why people think dancing is fun. To me it just seems like another arduous chore like exercise. What do those of you who dance get out of it? Why is it thrilling?, and even more important what is the big deal with watching OTHER people dance.

When shows like America's got Talent come on and I see a dance group is coming up I just groan to myself because they all look the same. Just a bunch of people doin flips and wiggling their bodies. Then they have shows focused exclusively on dancing. To me, this is just as bad as watching a P90X infomercial with third rate stars on it I dont see why they are even on the air after about 2 episodes. Am I missing something here?

Deleted
    If you think exercise is an arduous chore then you are either doing it wrong or are making excuses to be unfit and unhealthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I cant for the life of me understand why people think dancing is fun. To me it just seems like another arduous chore like exercise. What do those of you who dance get out of it? Why is it thrilling?, and even more important what is the big deal with watching OTHER people dance.

When shows like America's got Talent come on and I see a dance group is coming up I just groan to myself because they all look the same. Just a bunch of people doin flips and wiggling their bodies. Then they have shows focused exclusively on dancing. To me, this is just as bad as watching a P90X infomercial with third rate stars on it I dont see why they are even on the air after about 2 episodes. Am I missing something here?
    Is it seriously this difficult for you to grasp the idea that people might enjoy things you don't?

Dancing is the best thing ever don't you talk about dancing like that, dancing is a nice lady.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

You want people to explain why they find something fun?

Do you not enjoy listening to a well-rehearsed piece of music, or looking at a beautiful work of art? Same thing, different media. Dancing, at least, takes physical prowess and conditioning.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Dancing, at least, takes physical prowess and conditioning.
    Not really, if you feel the need to dance just do it, no experience, prowess, or conditioning required.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Personally I find it boring to watch, and agree that a lot of it is just the same thing over and over. But I can understand why people do it because I enjoy exercise, and I guess you get the same rush from dancing.

People find it fun? I don't really go to clubs but when I hear a song I like at home, especially if the beat is fast(er), I sometimes just randomly break into dance. ^^
    It's like saying while people read or paint or I don't know, go bunjee-jumping. They like it/they find it fun. Why do people play WoW, even? =P

As for watching people dance, it depends on the type of dance for me. Modern stuff - eh, not so much. Something older - yes please.

@OP
    I don't get it either. Different people like different things I guess.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Dancing sucks. Clubs too. Smart, good looking people go to bars where they can hear the other person talk and see their face.

Deleted
    Been wondering the same, whats the deal with dancing?

10+ Year Old Account

Most of the dancing that people do in clubs isn't fun to me, but Swing makes me feel alive. Maybe you just haven't found the type of dance that really gets you going yet?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Dancing isn't fun, nor easy. I avoid it.

Then I drink ~10 shots, and everything above is reversed, and I party hard on a platform and the whole baar cheers. Haven't done that much lately, though. Getting past the hardest party phase. Nowadays the pinnacle of drunkedness leads us to the karaoke bar, instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Dancing sucks. Clubs too. Smart, good looking people go to bars where they can hear the other person talk and see their face.
    No, wonder I like dancing.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Dancing is a wonderful freedom. I am a horrible dancer but my body does not care. When it is dancing it is free.

I would believe only in a God that knows how to dance. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Never trust spiritual leader who cannot dance. ~Mr. Miyagi
    Love people, not things; use things, not people.
    ― Spencer W. Kimball

Is this really a serious post?

There are many things in the world I do not do or like but can see why other people find it fun/enjoyable.

I cant for the life of me understand why people think dancing is fun. To me it just seems like another arduous chore like exercise.
    Why do you hate exercise?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people *GASP* aren't all like you.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodna View Post
    Why do you hate exercise?
    think you missed this part:
    and even more important what is the big deal with watching OTHER people dance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    If you think exercise is an arduous chore then you are either doing it wrong or are making excuses to be unfit and unhealthy.
    Its not fun, therefor its arduous. People dont exercise because they enjoy it, they do it to stay healthy. Id rather die a little earlier and enjoy the life I have instead of doing stuff that I hate just to live a little longer doing the things I hate