Deleted

The ISF nerf vs. ticks for Immolate and Conflagrate ?

Hi...

I haven't been able to find any posts about it, so I hope it isn't a repost.

But, in the next patch ISF will get nerfed from 15% haste to 8% dmg increase. Besides the fact that 8% dmg increase is a bit lesser, DPS wise, than a 15% haste buff, well, won't we move the haste cap as well ?

All the calculations now are with raid buffs, DI and ISF, and gives about an extra tick around 600 haste and 2600 haste (Can't remember exactly). But, as I said, this is with ISF.
    Ok, so now, for many of us at least, we don't have enough haste to get the extra tick at 2600 haste (At least I don't), so that is not something I really worry about. And the 600 haste is easy to get, which gives an extra tick ofc.
    All these extra ticks gives Conflagrate more dmg as well, but what happens when they remove the ISF haste buff ?
    As far as I have seen, in calculations, this means that, the extra tick at 600, actually becomes around 2500 instead. So besides getting a lesser useful buff (ie. 8% dmg vs. 15% haste), many of us not only lose a tick for Immolate, we also lose a good amount of dmg for the Conflagrate.

Is it just me who have miscalculated, or is this actually what is about to happen ?
    Last edited by mmoc7f6b3379d7; 2011-02-01 at 05:20 PM.

I think you are right.

Warlocks are going to take a huge damage hit if they don't properly think the change through and come up with suitable talent changes/new talents to compensate. We are hardly at the point where we deserve damage cuts, so hopefully this is just a design change due to affliction really not meshing well with SF, and we get something else in return.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who sees this incoming problem. Even the other specs are losing 15% haste and getting nothing to compensate. It's looking like all three specs may be in trouble. I guess we'll see, though. :/

This is what comes from too much whining over ISF.

Quote Originally Posted by illegitimate View Post
    We are hardly at the point where we deserve damage cuts.
    Last I checked most competent locks are comfortably ahead of their other caster counterparts on most fights. The small (1kish) damage nerf that this patch entails will not be awful for us. I don't disagree that further adjustments are in order (see the "One pet to rule them all?" thread for a good example) but all in all this patch is a much needed quality of life upgrade in trade for a minor dps nerf. Clamoring that this is the end of the world for lock dps is hardly accurate.

To the OP, the new target for Immo and UA is 2588 haste (given dark intent and raid haste buff), which gives us the same 2 extra ticks that we used to get at 500something with ISF. Since the 3rd tick in 4.0.3 was very very difficult to reach anyway (over 2700) the only locks seeing a dps loss from gained ticks will be those at the very top echelon of gear. If you were over 2700 haste on gear then yes, you will be losing damage on immo and conflag, otherwise no you shouldnt be affected by the loss of ISF haste.
    Arbitrary - Gong Show - US Detheroc

Quote Originally Posted by Demonologist View Post
    To the OP, the new target for Immo and UA is 2588 haste (given dark intent and raid haste buff), which gives us the same 2 extra ticks that we used to get at 500something with ISF. Since the 3rd tick in 4.0.3 was very very difficult to reach anyway (over 2700) the only locks seeing a dps loss from gained ticks will be those at the very top echelon of gear. If you were over 2700 haste on gear then yes, you will be losing damage on immo and conflag, otherwise no you shouldnt be affected by the loss of ISF haste.
    I fail to see how this is accurate. We HAD the second extra tick at 500 haste plus ISF, now in order to get that same tick without ISF we have to have 2588 haste. Most locks at this point don't have that rating, thus we're losing the second tick. All locks are seeing a dps loss on conflag unless they have between 2500 and 2700 haste, enough to get the second tick after the patch, but not enough for the third on live. Everyone else will be seeing a nerf in damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nerf is around 900 dps.

R.I.P. YARG

@neubs: See I knew there was a flaw in my logic somewhere. But the point stands; this patch is all in all a relatively minor dps loss. 900 dps is a variable easily masked by player skill and fight mechanics so it will be a noticeable but hardly class-crippling change.
    Arbitrary - Gong Show - US Detheroc

Destruction damage is virtually unchanged.

Demonology will gain ~300 dps on single target fights while losing AoE damage. Their stat priorities change, so with a more optimal set of gear they might see an even larger dps boost in this area.

Affliction loses ~1000 dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonologist View Post
    @neubs: See I knew there was a flaw in my logic somewhere. But the point stands; this patch is all in all a relatively minor dps loss. 900 dps is a variable easily masked by player skill and fight mechanics so it will be a noticeable but hardly class-crippling change.
    That's like saying 'hey, I'm gonna gem full crit in all my sockets because let's face it, any loss is easily masked by player skill and fight mechanics'. I mean come on, you have a point, but 900 dps lost is 900 dps lost. We can all just 'play better' to make up for it but we'll still do 900 more if we 'play better' without the nerf.

I think this patch is working in demo's favour. It won't bring demo up to par with the others, but it'll certainly make it much better to play. I really hate seeing such a drop in dps when I spec demo for the 10% spell power buff. Ok most locks won't need to do this but it still helps.

My math may be incorrect but if X is the new % haste cap then 1,05*1,03*1,03*X=1,3 X= 1,3/1,113945 X=1,167
    Solving for X makes that 16,7 % haste which is far from impossible

This is assuming you get 2x DI which i know isnt preferabble, but still. just a though.

http://stateofdps.com/

It was needed.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.