2/2 Wild Hunt pet talent idea

Hey all,

So I was just playing around with the pet and hunter talent calculators and I came across something. So lets say the majority of hunters use this pet spec for their ferocity pets - http://www.wowhead.com/petcalc#0md00sc00hoko

Now, what happens if we take 1 point out of shark attack and max out Wild Hunt? That'll most likely make the pet focus starved since their basic attack will cost too much, but lets say, we bind Smack/Claw/Bite into ES as well. Would this be a good idea? Any inputs?

Why do you say that the basic attack would cost too much? It only charges the extra focus for extra damage if the pet is over 50 focus.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the thinking was, you 1/2 until you have crit high enough that GFTT can keep them full.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

If you run with 2 pts in wild hunt and your pet doesn't have sufficient focus regen, your wild hunt uptime will suffer enough that you would gain more dps from shark attack. You could also possibly end up delaying some basic attacks, which would not only reduce your pet damage but could hurt your culling uptime.

I'm unclear though on why you think binding your basic attack into ES would make a difference (given normally your basic attack would happen every 3 seconds on cooldown). Can you be specific about what you think that'd change?

Chelate you're mostly right, although it's not just GFTT but also Sic'Em that factors in.

Hmmm alright, I guess this wouldn't be too ideal then. I do have a feeling this might be interesting in PvP though for setting up some burst or something.