Thread: Best case?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Which out of the two would be the best case to choose?

NZXT Phantom Full Tower

CoolerMaster HAF 932 Full Tower
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Which one would have the best airflow?
    Take the HAF932. I own that case too. It's also very good for modding. (google for "haf of the lichking" if you want to see pictures )
    btw. HAF stands for High AirFlow and it has indeed a very high Airflow.

Also it has plenty of space for extra long graphics cards and five slots for Harddisks. Should be enough for a few years.

Case with good airflow is useless if you're planning on using water cooling kit.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I have the haf, and really like it, only have 2 complaints, one is that HAF (high air flow) also means high dust flow. For a while i lived on a gravel road and it was impossible to keep components relatively dust free. Second complaint is that with the case all open since its more of a mesh case, its disappointing that they didnt paint internal metal components. Although i think some of the HAF variants come painted now.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Case with good airflow is useless if you're planning on using water cooling kit.

Rly depends if your only using watercooling on the CPU or on the GPU 2. If your going with cpu only and have a case without any airflow (assuming high end cards/sli/Cross) That can add some presure on the water cooling if you case is at like 40-50C
    The black blood of Yogg'saron causes through me! I AM UNSTOPPALBLE!

Deleted
    So you are gonna spend money on a high airflow case, use watercooling in it and are NOT gonna overclock. Read that sentence a couple of times it kind of doesn't make sense to me. I'm not trying to be a prick, I'm just saying you should reconsidder this as you are about to spend a lot of money on things you don't need.

I don't know much about building a PC. I did not know you don't want to mix a water cooler system with a high airflow case. I also did not know that water cooler system are best served to cool systems that you are going to overclock. Everyone keeps telling me though that all I need to do is buy the parts, put them in the case, install the OS and drivers and you are done. Clearly there is more to it then that which means it is not as easy as so many people say it is to build a properly functioning PC.
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2011-02-02 at 07:53 PM.

Question is more about buying case meant for air cooling and then watercooler for the CPU. Need to pick one and stick with it, nothing more complicated than that.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    take the haf m8, if you want to mabye try a midi tower like me to build up a over kill pc, try CM storm scout =) its awsome imo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I don't know about the 690II, but the old 690 really sucks.
    That's the thing, there were a massive number of improvements done in 690II Adv. For it's price it's been put down as the best mid-tower on most forums (if only K62 was $10 cheaper!!).
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    I own the Phantom case, and I definitely I prefer it to HAF, but it's personal preference, there are reasons for each one. The downside on the phantom is that you will want to get a 140mm front fan because it's not included... oh and the fan filters aren't very easily removable.

If you like the features of the NZXT Phantom then you should also check out the Corsair Graphite 600T, it has many of the same features such as an integrated fan controller, great cable management, great airflow and lots of fans, tool-less design, etc. It's approximately in the same price range too.