Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'd imagine god's creatures would love a few million years of peace =)

I eat both, but prefer a good cut of meat.

I don't care for debate, people can do what they want, they'll have no sway on me, however. I grew up in a region of the world where people kill animals for food. I've killed a few myself. Killing a lamb, helped with skinning and cleaning it out as well. Then roast the whole thing on a spit.

Now THAT is a meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadell View Post
    Well like I said, it ties into some societal guilt/child experiences/upbringing/friends/etc.
    That's a pretty terrible way to dismiss someone's opinion because it doesn't happen to align with your own. Eating meat is also a cultural practice that has everything to do with upbringing especially if you live in an area with an abundant access to food. Yet, that somehow doesn't dismiss meat eating and nor does it dismiss vegetarianism.

It happens in the wild, I have no guilt. It sucks, the living conditions that is, that animals live that way before dying, but Ive seen far worse things in my life and I just enjoy meat far too much. Especially bacon.
    So, ultimately, if it happens in nature, then it's okay? Some animals eat each other, but I'm willing to bet that you'd be hesitant to eat another human being.

Im merely stating from my opinion, Ive never met someone intellectually challenging that happened to be a vegan. That, and Ive never met one that wasnt pretentious/annoying about it.
    Ironically, this is why I'm always hesitant to tell people in real life that I'm a vegetarian. When you tell someone that you're a vegetarian, many people automatically think that you're pushing your beliefs and choices onto them. If someone manages to catch me saying something about my vegetarianism or notices that I'm not chowing down on something meaty when I'm having dinner with them, it's always like they have to justify why they eat meat.

And to be frank, I have yet to hear one good reason that I should eat meat. I remember taking a philosophy course about a year ago, and the professor asked everyone in the classroom why he or she ate meat. It's probably the only time I felt extremely smug as a vegetarian (although I did feel guilty afterwards about feeling such a way, but at least I kept it to myself).

15+ Year Old Account
    i prefer meat... by far!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by humjack View Post
    I'd imagine god's creatures would love a few million years of peace =)
    This post is just as invalid as your silly assumption in your last post. Sorry, but you have no intelligible thing to say.

To Veganinja, I viewed the picture you sent. True, most of those are indeed invalid and silly thing to say. But you are assuming those are my opinions. Once again, you are desperately grasping to assumption to prove your point, which is a sad state.

I have posted my opinion on why vegan/vegetarianism is silly. Take from it what you will. But labeling someone a demon through assumed intention doesn't prove anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by mahpewpew View Post
    I refuse to give away my freedoms to be safe from decisions I make that affect myself.
    Good communities sometimes trump questionable staff.

I am aware sometimes I dont include apostrophes. My work keyboard is missing the button. Let it go.

i have been vegetarian since the mid 80's, apart from a peroid of about 10 months when i went back to eating red meat, after putting on 10 kilo's of gut and feeling lethargic constantly i gave up meat for good.

btw omnivore = scavenger

Deleted
    tbh i think vegetarians are unnatural if u just eat veg ur practically a cow in a field munching on grass, im a proud meat eater because meat has more goodness and it costs less in the long run as meat fills you up. if i ate a salad it wouldnt fill me up the only thing u can add to veg to make it filling is rice or pasta.

I would love to become vegetarian and is hoping to do so this year.
    I try but i usually fall to chicken :\

I wouldn't want to become vegan though. I see most vegans as morons, seeing as they think the eggs in supermarkets could have been chickens....

15+ Year Old Account
    If you posted an image beneath that bold, I am at work and cannot view it.

I did read the whole thing. Its not satirical, and of course they know it wont ever happen, but they think it would be a good idea.

And Im replying with thinking that its a good idea in the first place is a silly and childish one. If we all died off, give it a few million years and something would do it all again anyways.

Indian for bad hunter. lol

Quote Originally Posted by grimmymac View Post
    i doubt anyone eats just meat Even a burger has lettuce
    BULL HONKEY! Real man's burgers consist of meat, more meat, cheese, more meat, and a sauce like BBQ or A-1. Meats added on top of the burger meat itself is usually bacon, or more burger paddy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlannor View Post
    That's a pretty terrible way to dismiss someone's opinion because it doesn't happen to align with your own. Eating meat is also a cultural practice that has everything to do with upbringing especially if you live in an area with an abundant access to food. Yet, that somehow doesn't dismiss meat eating and nor does it dismiss vegetarianism.
    Nono, Im dismissing it because biologically, we are predispositioned toward meat eating.

So, ultimately, if it happens in nature, then it's okay? Some animals eat each other, but I'm willing to bet that you'd be hesitant to eat another human being.
    No. My reasoning for not eating another human being is I dont like the idea of being found out/penalized. Would I try human meat if given the option/guarenteed lack of retribution? Absolutely.

Ironically, this is why I'm always hesitant to tell people in real life that I'm a vegetarian. When you tell someone that you're a vegetarian, many people automatically think that you're pushing your beliefs and choices onto them. If someone manages to catch me saying something about my vegetarianism or notices that I'm not chowing down on something meaty when I'm having dinner with them, it's always like they have to justify why they eat meat.
    As I have said. All vegans/vegetarians that I have met have been too forward and pretentious. If I had met one that wasnt, I would have a different opinion. But as of right now, that isnt the case.

And to be frank, I have yet to hear one good reason that I should eat meat. I remember taking a philosophy course about a year ago, and the professor asked everyone in the classroom why he or she ate meat. It's probably the only time I felt extremely smug as a vegetarian (although I did feel guilty afterwards about feeling such a way, but at least I kept it to myself).
    The taste is wonderful, it is an excellent source of essential vitamins and nutrients, it provides more energy than eating solely vegetables, and as I have already said, it tastes wonderful. Plenty of reasons right there.

Just because something has no reason to do it other than enjoyment doesn't mean you should stop.
    I refuse to give away my freedoms to be safe from decisions I make that affect myself.

I am aware sometimes I dont include apostrophes. My work keyboard is missing the button. Let it go.

This post is just as invalid as your silly assumption in your last post. Sorry, but you have no intelligible thing to say.

To Veganinja, I viewed the picture you sent. True, most of those are indeed invalid and silly thing to say. But you are assuming those are my opinions. Once again, you are desperately grasping to assumption to prove your point, which is a sad state.

I have posted my opinion on why vegan/vegetarianism is silly. Take from it what you will. But labeling someone a demon through assumed intention doesn't prove anything.
    I apologize but it is difficult to come up with intelligible answers to someone who has asked no direct questions and has basically bashed veganism since hijacking this thread.

I guess your request "convince me to not eat meat" is impossible to as only you can convince yourself after reading/hearing/seeing the numerous facts listed both in this thread and elsewhere in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by humjack View Post
    I apologize but it is difficult to come up with intelligible answers to someone who has asked no direct questions and has basically bashed veganism since hijacking this thread.

I guess your request "convince me to not eat meat" is impossible to as only you can convince yourself after reading/hearing/seeing the numerous facts listed both in this thread and elsewhere in the world.
    I have no questions because I know the research, I understand your reasoning. And yet, I still dismiss it because it is based on silliness and impracticality (and social stigmas.)

I dont have to convince myself. I have seen your arguments against, and I still say I am for meat.

Also: I have asked for no answers, like the very nature of any thread, I interject my opinion. Its sort of the idea. You, however, are desperately posting in opposition to me to say Im wrong and how it isn't ok for me to eat meat.

Dont pride yourself too much, i was referring to this whole post.

Quote Originally Posted by Veganinja View Post
    http://www.vhemt.org/

All im gonna say.
    I can see this backfiring. All the people who oppose this in the end are probably the people you dont want being the only population on earth.

The smarter thing. Regulate the people who can have children.

It's kind of ridiculous people who are adopting children have to go through extensive screening, where as any moron can have a baby and raise it to become another moron.
    Last edited by galaxiah; 2011-02-03 at 01:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxiah View Post
    I can see this backfiring, all the people who oppose this in the end are probably the people you dont want being the only population on earth.

It's kind of rediculous people who are adopting children have to go through extensive screening, where as any moron can have a baby and raise it to become another moron.
    Not sure I can agree with this. Some of the brightest minds have still emerged from the dimmest of parents.

I can see this backfiring, all the people who oppose this in the end are probably the people you dont want being the only population on earth.

It's kind of rediculous people who are adopting children have to go through extensive screening, where as any moron can have a baby and raise it to become another moron.

Does anyone actually take the time to research anything? No wonder our government can cover up everything they do so easily. I mean come on, if you read what VHEMT is all about, you will understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veganinja View Post
    Does anyone actually take the time to research anything? No wonder our government can cover up everything they do so easily. I mean come on, if you read what VHEMT is all about, you will understand.
    I have read it and understood. If you are so vehement in saying we do not understand, please oblige us and explain what you think we don't understand.