Deleted

Exclamation In need of a buff addon!

Hello MMO-Champion! Long time lurker needing some help here.

I want to remake my UI yet again, and I want my buffs to be placed in the upper right corner, where the minimap is placed. I've been searching both here and on wowinterface for a simple addon that can place them there, but without any luck.
    I recall having an addon doing just that half a year ago. But it has dissapeared since then it seems.

So do you guys know of any addons doing this? I don't want buffbars or anything, I like having the squares!

Deleted
    I'm currently using Aura Frames and it proves to be the most bug-free and light-weight I've tried, plus it has all options that you might need to move your buff icons around.

Deleted
    Thanks! Looks great, I'll diffenately try this when I get home.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    For a simple, no-frills buff replacement (that allows moving), you might try Eon. All moving (and other config) is done in lua, instead of ingame.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't tried any of the mentioned, but I use Satrina Buff Frames which is highly customizable like you need.

Satrina Buff Frames are pretty good i use those with my addon pack tho debuffing icons seem to be buggy at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctik View Post
    Satrina Buff Frames are pretty good i use those with my addon pack tho debuffing icons seem to be buggy at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenhouse View Post
    I haven't tried any of the mentioned, but I use Satrina Buff Frames which is highly customizable like you need.
    Satrina Buff Frames is also not being supported anymore since the Author quit the game. Last i heard no one has picked up the project of keeping it updated.

Raven is a great addon for Buff Placement also lets you configure your own stuff in different Buff piles for those important or specific buff/debuff you want to keep track of quickly rather than having to look through a list of buffs you on the top right.
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Kepi, you're behind the times. ;-) Satrina has quit and is no longer developing the addon named after him, however, he's given his blessing to another author who will continue to update Satrina Buff Frames.

I'll add Raven into the bag.
    *damn, can't post links yet, but it's on curse.

satrinabuffframes is great, very customizable also

Arioon
    I use Bison which does the same things as Buffalo (you can place your buffs and debuffs where you want, change their size or the number of buffs/debuffs per line)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bolkar View Post
    satrinabuffframes is great, very customizable also
    And in many cases - a resource hog. Plus, OP requested a simple addon and I don't recall SBF to be one so I wouldn't recommend it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you just want to move the buffs to the upper right corner, use MoveAnything. It really lets you move anything

Quote Originally Posted by Eleannor View Post
    And in many cases - a resource hog. Plus, OP requested a simple addon and I don't recall SBF to be one so I wouldn't recommend it.
    The only time addons would be a problem is if the user only has 1 MB RAM, above that, all addons + game are fully loaded in RAM so it is a non-issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I currently use SBF but the click to remove for buffs thing kinda sucks atm. It is very hard to remove anything while I am in combat by right clicking because you have to do all sorts of maneuvers to do it. I believe the latest update was supposed to have remedied that but it hasnt. If the new author doesnt do anything about it I will probably start lookin for something else. I love it other than this problem tho.
    IBroughtGuns ~ Night Elf Warrior
    Specializing in Protection Services
    Dabbling in Smashing Faces
    Proudly Serving Alliance Since 2007
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/haomarush/Ibroughtguns/advanced[/URL][/url]
    Addiction Guild - http://addiction-haomarush.wowstead.com/

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's odd, IBG - SBF 3.2 Beta (SBF 3.2.3) works just fine for me. However, it doesn't flag on WoWI's MMOUI Minion as an update for Satrina Buff Frames, because he uploaded it as a different addon (SBF 3.2 Beta, instead of Satrina Buff Frames). You may want to manually install the 3.2 Beta from WoWI, and see if that fixes the issue (remember, you'll need to set your Player Buffs as "Interactive").

Deleted
    Thanks for all the replies
    I tried Aura Frames, and I must admit that I like that quite a lot, easy to set up and does exactly what I wanted!
    Only thing that bothers me is a bug where the new "compiled" buff icon is still showing, but only showing one buggy buff when I hover over it, and then doesn't fade away again, requiring a /rl
    I have tried SBF before, and didn't really like the way it's set up, it quickly became messy imo.