PVP - SHould I regem Resili?

Hello all,

I have been thinking lately that I should basically regem everything to resilience. As it stands I have 39.06 % damage reduction from resilience (3719) plus 15% from Shadow form, however, if I replace (About) 10 slots with the 40 resili gems, I will gain a further 400 resilience and have about 43% damage reduction from resilience alone (Would be up to around 4100 resili) as holy, which would obviously be 58% reduction whilst in shadow form.

Is it worth losing about 260 intellect, 80 mastery and 60 spirit, for this gain of 400 resiliance?

Thanks

IMO no...

too little offensive stats and ur gonna get healed through as shadow or not be able to put out enough healing as healer...

i run 2s with a bit under 3k resi due to running pve epics in some slots for extra offensive stats but ive always played shadow with some pve gear, were a bit lackluster with low haste...

but i am running 2/4 + 2/4 for extra 400resi to compensate for these pve pieces

Not a PvPer so can't help you with any advice but I'd just like to say that it's highly unlikely that resi and shadow form damage reduction is additive. 43% from resi and 15% from shadowform should give you a total of 51.55% damage reduction and 39% from resi results in 48.15% damage reduction. Put another way then swapping out your gems for resi would reduce you relative damage intake by 9.34%. Just thought you should know that when making your decision.
    Last edited by Zevulon; 2011-02-02 at 12:23 PM.

Deleted
    What alot of people tend to do after being fully decked with PvP gear they tend to enchant/gear more towards offensive stats; eg deck out hit rating and spell penetration, get better haste/crit and mastery and obviously get more intelect.

Its allways a combination of all stats so dont maximize gearing for just int, or just crit, even it out and you`ll be fine.

Love and kisses,

Celey

Deleted
    Remplacing with resil gems will fail! so dont do it! again if your 3k resil its enuff and you should go for ... int and haste as shadow..
    or int and spirit/mastery in 4.0.6 as disc!

No self respecting pvper "stacks" a certain amount of a stat. The sad fact is that a res stacker will also hit like a wet noodle.

Around 3200 res is where I consider resilience to be enough.
    But my dreams, they aren't as empty
    As my conscience seems to be

10+ Year Old Account
    You have a solid amount of resil already, ~3.6k is where I find most people aim for. But depending on how many of your games turn out; it comes down to if you seem to get focused a lot. Because the less you're focused, proportionally, resilience decreases in value.

4k resil is sex. You will be immortal.

Remember ARP and how incredibly powerful it was when the person had a lot of it? Resilience is the same way.
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Depends, i'd go see what other high ranked players are doing (of your class and spec). Unholy Dks atm have to stack resil as we can easily be trained without.

Deleted
    Resil is currently the best stat by far. All stats diminish the more you have except for resilience that gets a multiplicative gain in worth. 260int and the stats you wrote will never give you as high a damage percentage bonus as the resilence gives you a defensive bonus. A team that has offensive trinkets/pure offensive sockets will be in a worse situation than a team that has resil trinkets/some resil sockets. Resil trinkets alone give 6% no pve trinkets will give you a grand 6% more damage.

In the end i think you should try to match socket bonuses, ie int+hit/spellpen @ blue. For the prismatic and red/orange you can go 20int20resil. You should have a good balance this way.