Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    PoH has more than enough range to be effective in omnotron encounter. CoH not so much tho.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't really raid in wrath, didn't like it. Last real raid I did was US 8th kill for Kil'Jadean back in BC... where renew was my friend.

15+ Year Old Account
    Any fight where you need to stack up due to w/e reason paladins are killers in healing due to that one spell that makes it possible to cast other things at the same time. Funny how they said they didn´t want fire and forget spells and still makes that and healing rain.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm not really good at explaining these things, that's more Kelesti's / harky's deal, but Renew is something you generall don't want to throw out unless you're in Chakra: Serenity and will be refreshing it. For Omnitron you should prefer PoH / GH and of course Lightwell. Use other spells, like Heal and Holy Word: Serenity, where applicable (Flash / Binding Heal only when needed). You can always check ressources like World of Logs to see what spells other people mainly cast on these fights, it's generally a good hint for what you should be prioritzing, as you will notice that it's basically the same spells across the board.

Another edit: CoH will be good on Omnitron as well post 4.0.6. Currently it's range makes it hard to use on fights where you need to spread out. It should be used if you have a lot of melees in the same spot though.
    Last edited by Venara; 2011-02-02 at 03:46 PM.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Paladins are actually amazing for Magmaw in the 10m level. Actually, Paladins are the best overall 10m healer for any encounter with Priests being the best overall for 25 mans. This is displayed in the top healing parses for each respectively. Almost all 10m encounters are Paladins and 25s Holy Priests.

The only thing I could tell you to do differently by a brief glance is ProM more and Renew less.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Did heroic magmaw yesterday and the day before yesterday. Our ret paladin in offspec (holy) topped healing meters.

So yeah, paladins are REALLY strong there.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks everyone, this actually does help a lot.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Paladins are actually amazing for Magmaw in the 10m level. Actually, Paladins are the best overall 10m healer for any encounter with Priests being the best overall for 25 mans. This is displayed in the top healing parses for each respectively. Almost all 10m encounters are Paladins and 25s Holy Priests.
    I can second that. Currently this is just how it is. Might be different after 4.0.6 though

Quote Originally Posted by ackis View Post
    Thanks everyone, this actually does help a lot.
    You're very welcome
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Only 3 out of 7 non healers in you raid used Lightwell somehwat regularly.

Tell them to use it more, because it's helpful.
    If they refuse, they them to use it more, cause it boosts your HPS. Since damage dealers always look for ways to improve their DPS, they should understand your desire to improve on healing meters

Also like others said - if you killed the boss, healing meters shouldn't matter. It would be and issue if you were way behind pala healers, but you are actually on par with them, so relax.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehtnalav View Post
    Only 3 out of 7 non healers in you raid used Lightwell somehwat regularly.

Tell them to use it more, because it's helpful.
    If they refuse, they them to use it more, cause it boosts your HPS. Since damage dealers always look for ways to improve their DPS, they should understand your desire to improve on healing meters
    I wasn't overly concerned with that because the lightwell was always on cooldown and it was getting used up before the cooldown was up. So from my perspective it did its healing and had no waste.

Having said that, people do need to be way more raid aware of lightwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    You didn't role a paladin, thats what. :c
    We are, just like in wrath, the strongest healers (unlike in wrath, however, we're not the strongest dps and tanks anymore qq). It won't be as noticable in 4.0.6 if the slated changes go through.
    Holy pallies are getting a throughput buff and a mana cost nerf which will almost wash. Will just mean we have to watch overhealing. That's something. I haven't had to do much this expac.

If someone told you you should own on aoe heal fights they problem spoke in general terms. When you pile up like Magmaw and Chimaeron. Paladins have the potential to reach their maximum raid healing potential. Druids also do very well in raid heals on fights that have long periods between the burst. For example as druid I can normally break 10.5k healing on magmaw and when carrying the heals a bit more have done even higher. During tree form its very easy for a druid to break 30k hps for a small amount of time. I would say if you feel you should be higher its mostly about the other healers being good as well. There is only so much dmg to heal in a fight and with being limited on how fast you can cast/spam it natural you'll cap lower than what you are capable of doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to find out what I can do better.
    This world is stupid. Complaining when doing something succesfull? Just remove your logs and have fun.

Also, before you're thinking you're doing bad, consider instead that 26% of his healing is from beacon of light, which is pretty much free, automatic healing. Another 12% is Protector of the Innocent, which is yet again free, automatic healing. Around 40% of his healing is from just being a holy paladin.
    Last edited by Shawaam; 2011-02-02 at 04:17 PM.
    Vol'jin fanboy

IMO, "hps" means nothing. As long as nobody dies, the healers did their job. If your healing isn't drastically lower than the others', then you're doing fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

To all the people who said "If noone died and you downed the boss you're fine", gz on being satisfied with being dead weight.

I salute the op for trying to get better even when it's not immediately nescessary to do so.

I won't bother looking through the logs and giving you specific advice, since it sounds like your performance there, given the fight, was decent, however the only thing I can contribute is the following.

If you are not satisfied with your contribution to healing there are two possibilities, one, you keep going OOM, in which case the most important thing is to look to the theorycrafters and find the optimal rotations and such for your class. Two, you are not going OOM but you feel you are being 'carried' because you are simply doing relatively little healing, in which case, either your reactions are slow, which means you need to work on your UI and situational awareness, or you are being too thrifty with your mana. This tends to happen a lot. If the latter, it simply means throw more of your more powerful heals, flash heals and greaters, if you're a priest, and spam more POH and renew.

Note that this does not include things like keeping up with dispels and such, which won't show in meters but are ways you contribute significantly.

Remember, although you may get through the encounter on the shoulders of others without contributing much, the more you heal in the encounter, the more mana the other healers will have, if you can balance your mana with theirs so neither of you go low early, it will be beneficial for when things go wrong. Worst case is if either you or them go OOM before the encounter is close to finished, meaning the other healers throughput needs to go up, i.e. they have to heal twice as much, and they need to do it with less efficient heals.

Have you thought about that it might be possible the the paladin healer is simply a better player than you?

Trying to find out what I can do better.
    did anyone die? then you cant get any better

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey111 View Post
    did anyone die? then you cant get any better
    You can always do better than what you currently are. Do you expect to ever do heroics? Do you plan to run in there with the same tactics that are barely making it on normal and hoping that will be enough to carry you? If you don't try to improve you're no better than those players who have no skill whatsoever, it just takes a bit longer to show your faults than them.

Spec wise, should probably switch points from Rapid Renewal, State of Mind, or Body and Soul to pick up Darkness and Blessed Resilience.

EDIT: Oh I also see you dont have the glyph for Lightwell. Get it. You said it gets used up every time you put it down before cooldown is up. The glyph will increase it's effectiveness by 50%.

EDIT2: Had to double check this first. Venara mentioned renew as being mana inefficient. Taking numbers from EJ (have not checked if they were updated for 4.0.6 changes but I doubt it). With Divine Touch and Improved Renew talents as well as being above 12.5% haste for a 5th tick of renew, renew is 5.99 HPM. Which is actually higher than Heal at 5.81 HPM. Saying that, you do have to take into account that for the stated HPM value for renew it has to tick to duration fully healing on every tick.
    Last edited by ruzhy6; 2011-02-02 at 04:54 PM.
    About EP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldriana
    With the usual caveats about these numbers being based on a specific set of gear which probably isn't what you're using, such that these answers will be approximately right but not exact
    Vanilla: 60 Shaman
    BC: 70 Rogue, 70 Druid
    Wrath: 80 Druid, 80 Paladin, 80 Shaman, 80 Rogue
    Cata: 85 Rogue (Holmés), 85 Priest (Naclwater)

10+ Year Old Account
    All in all OP it sounds like you're QQing because a healadin beat you on the meters for Magmaw. If you killed the boss and everyone lived...GG.

Don't worry about meters at all.

And if you still can't figure it out. Some fights healadins are better at due to still being the kings of throughput and the mana efficiently they have.