4.0.6 Disc PvP - Talents / Glyphs

Prime Glyphs -
    Penance - Lowers Penance CD by 2 seconds.
    Prayer of Healing - Heals an additional 20% over 6 seconds.
    Power Word: Shield - Heals 20% of the absorption amount.

Major Glyphs -
    Desperation - Allows Pain Suppression/Guardian Spirit to be cast while stunned.
    Inner Fire - Increases benefit from Inner Fire by 50%.
    Prayer of Mending - Increased the healing of the initial charge of Prayer of Mending by 60%

Minor Glyphs -
    Irrelevant.

Talent tree -
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfhMrosrforocu
    So far that's the best tree I'm able to come up with while keeping the 4.0.6 talent changes in consideration (keep in mind the tool tips don't list the changes yet, and there is no 4.0.6 talent calculator that I am aware of). I'd love to have 3/3 Darkness, 2/2 Surge of Light, and 3/3 Inner Sanctum but I do not see any of them as being possible to get without giving up something necessary (excluding maybe Reflective Shield, but I'd sure hate to give it up).

What's everyone else looking at for Disc in 4.0.6?

Deleted
    Tell me when to use PoH in 2v2?

And http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bdhcrosbforozhZhb0o will allways be my choice, hate getting hit gear as healer

Why in the world PoH glyph, even if you could use PoH effectively in pvp the glyph is just medicore in this situation.

Reflective sheild is a so so talent. Personally I would never take it over evangelism/archangel/atonement. You can pick up 3/3 inner sanctum by taking 3 points out of mental agility (if you don't mind the mana).
    Last edited by zito; 2011-02-02 at 10:32 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

personally i will be going this:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/talent#bfocrosbfRroMuM:0qmzVqM0z

talents:
    personally i play defensively so no evan/aa spec for me. mostly because healers are getting nuked on so hard right now. don't get me wrong playing offensively is pretty awesome too especially in arenas.

inspiration imo can be either switched out for darkness

glyphs:
    right now i have been ruining with glyph of flash heal right now.../shrug i seem to get better use out of this beside glyph of power word barrier

The shadow fiend glyph is actually very relevant for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    The shadow fiend glyph is actually very relevant for pvp.
    i have only notice ppl kill shadow fiends only in very high bracket arenas. ppl rarly pay attention to in in battleground so i think it is meh

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    i have only notice ppl kill shadow fiends only in very high bracket arenas. ppl rarly pay attention to in in battleground so i think it is meh
    You didn't mention either Arenas or BG in your opening post tho, "PVP" includes both, so Shadowfiend Gylph should definitely be included.

Quote Originally Posted by sp101 View Post
    You didn't mention either Arenas or BG in your opening post tho, "PVP" includes both, so Shadowfiend Gylph should definitely be included.
    I have never ever seen someone bother trying to kill shadowfiend, a good player will CC fiend with cyclone or roots rather then try and kill it. However since they are reducing the mana cost of Fortitude the glyph is pretty much useless compared to shadowfiend.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted

re: 4.0.6 Disc PvP - Talents / Glyphs

Definitely not the best build nor glyphs...
    Here's the deal.

Prime Glyphs:

Penance (obviously)
    Barrier (you'll often use and yes, if you do is because it's urgent so the extra healing is handy. more than 20% of PW:Shield.. should be like 6k healing if shield goes up to 30k, so not sure, maybe! definitely not PoH)
    Flash Heal (10% more crit when you're hp is going down hill. can save you, does to me alot in arenas, crits quite a bit)

Major Glyphs:

Desperation (PS or GS while stunned ftw)
    Then there's like 4 choices for all tastes:

Fear Ward (60 sec reduction, it's worth having)
    Mass Dispel (you wouldn't imagine the difference 1 sec can make in pvp with mages ice blocking or pallies divine shileding when they're almost dead and they get healed up while you eventually get interrupted while mass dispelling)

These 2 above would be "defensive" glyphs.

Then you can pick Divine Accuracy or Smite, tho you don't need 18% extra hit to actually hit a level 85.. 5% hit is enough. If you intend and find yourself confident to be a dps discipline as much as the best healer you can be, 20% more Smite damage is nice, especially since at least on my build for 4.0.6 I gave up 1/2 point in Atonement.

Minor glyphs really is up to you.. I don't use Shadowfiend cause honestly no one will bother killing it and by the time it'd be about to die, it'd dispawn. 90% less damage from AoE effects doesn't help either.

I picked Shackle, Levitate and the last one won't do almost any difference.. probably Fade for BGs when u have pets running after you

Quote Originally Posted by Aesalon View Post
    Barrier (you'll often use and yes, if you do is because it's urgent so the extra healing is handy. more than 20% of PW:Shield.. should be like 6k healing if shield goes up to 30k, so not sure, maybe! definitely not PoH)
    thought barrier glyph only was +10% healing or did i miss something? don't recall it being buffed to +20%.

Deleted
    The 20% there is the PW:S glyph, which is 20%.
    Barrier is still 10%.

Deleted
    you misread.. i meant 20% from PW:S, not barrier

I wouldn't go with ev/aa even in an offensive build, mind spikes are way easier to get off than smites, and the buff to mind blast should add more burst too.
    "How poor are they that have not patience"

Divine Fury (Rank 3) Reduces the casting time of your Smite, Holy Fire, Heal and Greater Heal spells by 1 sec.
    Did I miss something ? Atm., on live it is only a 0.5 sec reduction. Are they going to change this at 4.0.6? If so, I did not see any notes about that on the current patch note.

Deleted
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/talent#bfhcMosrforofzb:mq0orq spec and glyphs 100% and you can swap reflective shield with inspiration if your mainly doing 3s and 5s!

---------- Post added 2011-02-03 at 06:50 PM ----------

theres no such thing as better pvp spec

Quote Originally Posted by Tahmu View Post
    I wouldn't go with ev/aa even in an offensive build, mind spikes are way easier to get off than smites, and the buff to mind blast should add more burst too.
    the problem with this for disc and holy priest is mindspick/mindblast dps is soooo expensive. i have been messing around with this on the ptr. the damage is pretty consistent for the most part but holyfire/smite wont make you go oom before you start healing

http://ptr.wowhead.com/talent#bfhcros0fRrZcuM:qmkroVVzm

I dont use Power Word: Barrier because of the mana cost. I consider it to be a talent dump.

The only thing that you'll be missing with this spec is the Borrowed Time effect, but 10% less dmg taken> a minor speed increase.

Reflective Shield is good and all but unless you're trying to be a Duel-Hero its not worth the 2 points.

Keep in mind this is a high level arena spec / glyphs
    Last edited by Stevvo; 2011-02-05 at 09:01 PM.
    But my dreams, they aren't as empty
    As my conscience seems to be