Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Did Blizzard Jump the Shark?

4.0.6 is a jump the shark moment for me. I will not be back even if the changes get reverted. That they would even consider these changes is proof that I am wasting my time and money now. Will you keep playing Feral? Will you come back if they are reverted or is 4.0.6 a Jump the Shark moment for you too?

Deleted
    Like every big nerf..... Only the "real" ferals will stay and the "holiday" ferals will reroll /respec coz the sun aint shining no more.

Deleted
    I am gonna play Rift when it comes out, but if I ever see a good buff to Ferals (counting both bear and kitty) I am gonna be back here at WoW.
    I am already checking mmo-champ AND wowhead on a daily basis to see if Blizz changed their mind

That one is the generale rule of every class , locks (SWP patch) , Pala , hunter .... etc.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    4.0.6 is a jump the shark moment for me. I will not be back even if the changes get reverted. That they would even consider these changes is proof that I am wasting my time and money now. Will you keep playing Feral? Will you come back if they are reverted or is 4.0.6 a Jump the Shark moment for you too?
    Pathetic FOTM cry, reroll some new overpowered class/spec and you will find the game fun again. Or just stay away, you won't be missed.

I will keep playing Feral, if not just because I prefer Feral to Balance for my offspec, with my mainspec being Restoration.

Slightly offtopic: what in the hell does "jump the shark" mean?

How is a nerf to Ferals a "Jump the Shark" moment? This term is typically used to reference someone doing something outrageous in order to retain favor and longevity with the masses. It's a last ditch effort. It comes from the episode of "Happy Days" where Fonzi literally jumped a shark on water skis. It was the end of the show.

How does this apply here?

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Wondered the exact same thing...

EDIT...Guess the above covers that then. Apparently a little too slow to reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I will keep playing Feral, if not just because I prefer Feral to Balance for my offspec, with my mainspec being Restoration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpraJYnbVtE

Term meant to mean, "Outlived its prime". When Fonzie jumped the shark, many considered Happy Days had outlived its welcome.
    Nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    They didn't jump the shark,
    They jumped the whale shark

Why? Because being immune to poly, fear, roots, slows wasn't enough for you? Or the fact that your bleeds alone could solo any class? I'm confused as to why you're QQ'ing about being nerfed. It'd be like me QQ'ing about DK's getting nerfed right after Wrath came out. You'll suffer the same fate as the rest of us vs. frost mages!

Guys, guys! Have respect for the OP, his opinion is that whatever class he is playing should be the most overpowered because he is paying for it. You heard him, when Blizzard stops caring about balance and makes Feral the best spec regardless of... everything, he will be back. What is wrong with that?

I think everyone is upset at the tone of his frustration, and not his actual opinion. Specifically "I will not be back even if the changes get reverted. That they would even consider these changes is proof that I am wasting my time and money now." That's a pretty close minded and ignorant statement. Druids aren't the only class in the game, and for the sake of balancing, changes have to be made so that the game is fair for the majority of people. I honestly think OP is "jumping the shark" and quitting before giving the new feral a chance.

I think it has to be said: U mad bro?

Wouldn't it be so much simpler to make a forum here called "I'm quitting!" and move all the threads there? Possibly even exclude them from the Recent Posts tracker on the main page?

No one gives half a f*** if you don't like the nerf.

The game seriously lacks balance atm no doubt ferals are a part of it but if 4.0.6 fixes anything much. Blizzard has no competition right now in terms of MMO so there is no need to employ anyone smart (read: expensive). I hope some of the games coming up are at least half decent not because they will be good but because it might let Blizzard know that they need to stop giving a boys a man's work the only way how through the tingling in the purse strings.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
    Like every big nerf..... Only the "real" ferals will stay and the "holiday" ferals will reroll /respec coz the sun aint shining no more.
    The #1, that's right.. the best feral PvP'er in the WORLD. Quit. He's already gone.
    Another top 5 Feral is going to stay Feral and try to convince some random team to suck for him to be on it. (His words)
    Another top 5 Feral is going Resto.

Do you think the Feral's that have been GLADIATOR SINCE ARENA 1 are not real Feral's? They are more of a Feral than you will EVER be.

The game will never be finished. The game will never be fully balanced. There will never be a time when someone doesn't complain.

No one will miss you, no one will care if you reroll. All you are doing is feeding the trolls and the Feral class can only benefit from having people like you stop playing it. You are not a beautiful delicate flower, or a unique snowflake and people like you give fuel to the trolls with ridiculous statements like that.

If you don't like Feral, go roll any other melee class and you won't have to deal with the neutered cat anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    arms is getting nerfed but ill stick with it i was arms before the buff to it in wrath

iv stuck with it and i will keep using arms fury is a joke spec yes good damage but no control

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by littlepiggy View Post
    The #1, that's right.. the best feral PvP'er in the WORLD. Quit. He's already gone.
    Another top 5 Feral is going to stay Feral and try to convince some random team to suck for him to be on it. (His words)
    Another top 5 Feral is going Resto.

Do you think the Feral's that have been GLADIATOR SINCE ARENA 1 are not real Feral's? They are more of a Feral than you will EVER be.
    That's because in super high end PvP you need to be OP. You blameing him for not re-rolling is like yelling at a 6th grader for not using the "best" mathematical formula.

Well, less ferals - more happy (and pure) classes out there. One way or another - you cannot avoid the nerfbat forever, and druids did it for very long time.