Deleted

Tips on how to achieve this

Hello I have a mage, lvl 76 atm who I wanna make super-geared at lvls 78-79 using Cata gear.

Idea is to get all ilvl 308 blue caster gear from BRC and that vashj dungeon that require lvl 78 to use + best possible gear from AH(greens and blues).

Final result would be super frost mage pwning everyone in BG at lvls 78-79. And then making a video of that

But I have this problem and it's called dungeon finder which allows entering these dungeons at 80+ so I can't use it.
    Which leaves me with having to go there by foot. So what would be easiest way to accomplish this?
    I was thinking of flying to BRC and having someone summon me to entrance or inside to throne of tides.
    Is this the best(only) way to do this? I'd probably get 85 tank/healer and other people who'd want to come, probably from my guild.

Thx in advance for any tips, and keep in mind that I can't get breathing thing in vashjr till lvl 80.

Get a lock and 2 (or 3) other friends, have them drop a stone and summon you to entrance, have them clear all the trash up to the bosses, then go in for each boss kill, get your loot (if you're lucky), and repeat.
    This was the old method of gearing a twink back in the day.

EDIT: You can use the summoning stones outside, but I don't remember if there was a min level requirement.

15+ Year Old Account
    The time you spent writing the post could probably have gotten you there :/

Quote Originally Posted by grimkiller View Post
    Get a lock and 2 (or 3) other friends, have them drop a stone and summon you to entrance, have them clear all the trash up to the bosses, then go in for each boss kill, get your loot (if you're lucky), and repeat.
    This was the old method of gearing a twink back in the day.

EDIT: You can use the summoning stones outside, but I don't remember if there was a min level requirement.
    Or just get summoned and turn off EXP gain

Step one would be to go to wowhead and look up items to see whats best in slot. You'll have to compare 78 and 79 required items and decided if its worth it to get up to 79. Remember that it will take more rating to get 1% crit, haste etc. when you level up to 79.

Step two would be to get to that level and turn off XP.

Step three would be to start acquiring gear. As others have stated you can get around the dungeon finder restrictions but you need friends. People will probably be reluctant at first when they see a 78 or 79 but if you explain that you are a twink and get some gear to do reasonable damage it will be easier. To first start out I would try paying a tank. If you advertise in /2 that you have a tank then people will be more likely to go with the plan than wait in queue. To save time on travels you can set your hearth near whichever of the two dungeons you are running. You are a mage and can portal to your capitol city anyways

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can actually travel to those instances.

The fastest way to get to BRC is to get a mage port to Stonard and to then fly to Blackrock Mountain. No mages? Zeppelin to Grom'gol and fly.

The fastest way to get to Vashj'ir (and then to Throne of the Tides) is to head to Undercity and to then fly to Gilneas. Fly across the water to directly above the instance. Now you have two choices: swim until you die from asphyxiation and then run back to your corpse, rez and swim down further or pop a water breathing potion. Or if you're a shammy / druid / warlock your solution is a lot easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deneweth View Post
    Step one would be to go to wowhead and look up items to see whats best in slot. You'll have to compare 78 and 79 required items and decided if its worth it to get up to 79. Remember that it will take more rating to get 1% crit, haste etc. when you level up to 79.

Step two would be to get to that level and turn off XP.

Step three would be to start acquiring gear. As others have stated you can get around the dungeon finder restrictions but you need friends. People will probably be reluctant at first when they see a 78 or 79 but if you explain that you are a twink and get some gear to do reasonable damage it will be easier. To first start out I would try paying a tank. If you advertise in /2 that you have a tank then people will be more likely to go with the plan than wait in queue. To save time on travels you can set your hearth near whichever of the two dungeons you are running. You are a mage and can portal to your capitol city anyways
    Step 1 is complete, my decision is to stop at 78 and them lvl 78-80 in bgs.
    Also i have a few kind guildies who would prob. give me a hand but yeah even without them easiest way would be to tip the tank.

How are you stopping at 78 if you are going to level 78-80 in bgs?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piratepete View Post
    How are you stopping at 78 if you are going to level 78-80 in bgs?
    Would take about 50 hours at least.

Quote Originally Posted by deneweth View Post
    You'll have to compare 78 and 79 required items and decided if its worth it to get up to 79. Remember that it will take more rating to get 1% crit, haste etc. when you level up to 79.
    The ratings increase very little from level to level until past 80. It is definately an advantage to be a higher level.
    About EP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldriana
    With the usual caveats about these numbers being based on a specific set of gear which probably isn't what you're using, such that these answers will be approximately right but not exact
    Vanilla: 60 Shaman
    BC: 70 Rogue, 70 Druid
    Wrath: 80 Druid, 80 Paladin, 80 Shaman, 80 Rogue
    Cata: 85 Rogue (Holmés), 85 Priest (Naclwater)