Thread: PTR dps test

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PTR dps test

Raiding Dummy test, no other people hitting it.

Buffs: BoM, SoT, aura.
    Length: 10 min, 605 sec active time.
    GoAK, AW, proc trinkets were not used to minimize RNG.

10554 AP, standard Crit > Haste > Mastery reforge (1115 Haste, 1901 Crit, 386 Mastery)

4.0.3: 6.45M damage done, 10665 dps

PTR 4.0.6: 7.14M damage done, 11800 dps (+10.6%)

Same gear, after Mastery > Crit > Haste reforge (989 Haste, 1532 Crit, 881 Mastery):
    PTR 4.0.6: 7.29M, 12035 dps (+12.8%)

TL;DR: Looking forward to ~13% dps increase after 4.0.6 hits.

With some luck you may even match dps of your fellow boomkin and be almost mid-pack. Thank you, Blizzard, thank you so much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisko View Post
    Raiding Dummy test, no other people hitting it.

Buffs: BoM, SoT, aura.
    Length: 10 min, 605 sec active time.
    GoAK, AW, proc trinkets were not used to minimize RNG.

10554 AP, standard Crit > Haste > Mastery reforge (1115 Haste, 1901 Crit, 386 Mastery)

4.0.3: 6.45M damage done, 10665 dps

PTR 4.0.6: 7.14M damage done, 11800 dps (+10.6%)

Same gear, after Mastery > Crit > Haste reforge (989 Haste, 1532 Crit, 881 Mastery):
    PTR 4.0.6: 7.29M, 12035 dps (+12.8%)

With some luck you may even match dps of your fellow boomkin and be almost mid-pack. Thank you, Blizzard, thank you so much.
    Boomkins are middle pack in your raid? I see boomkins topping meters all the time so I'm not sure what to make of your comments. I also find it interesting that your TV damage dipped so low. What rotation were you using for all tests?

If it's a stand still fight with zero movement and 100% perfect scenario. Don't count on a raw 13% DPS upgrade that's just bad advice.
    Last edited by Requital; 2011-02-02 at 10:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    My short personal tests during similar tests on the PTR (no cooldowns used) reveals about a 10-11% damage increase over live with the same gear, so yours is not that far off. So yea it is pretty noticable. Another thing I concluded from PTR testing, was that 4piece T11 is going to be very very handy to have, because it makes managing inquisition a LOT easier, so try get that asap if you haven't already.

And about moonkins - they should be top or near top of the casters, they are doing very high dps atm, and afaik one of the only classes not to see any nerfs come the patch.

Deleted
    Borrowing this threat abit.

I seldom play ret except a few fights per week, but still trying to keep my gear in shape. So my question is, what combination of gear is best for PvE, come 4.0.6:

4x PvP (ilvl 365)
    2x PvP + 2x T11

I wont have 4x T11 for a while as the droprate for those tokens have been very shy so several MS needers before i can take them for OS.

Seeing as they tone down the 4x bonus a bit, and i take the 2x PvE bonus for TV wont hurt, so sporting 2x pvp + 2x pve perhaps?

BR,

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Boomkins are middle pack in your raid? I see boomkins topping meters all the time so I'm not sure what to make of your comments. I also find it interesting that your TV damage dipped so low. What rotation were you using for all tests?

If it's a stand still fight with zero movement and 100% perfect scenario. Don't count on a raw 13% DPS upgrade that's just bad advice.
    My guild is not hardcore and we don't have amazing boomkins, so ...

Rotation was Inq > HoW > Exo > TV3 > CS > TV12 > J > HW > Con.
    Not sure if it's optimal for 4.0.6, so might do better than 13% increase, only EJ knows.
    Oh yeah and TV damage tanked because HP is so scarce and I don't even have my 4piece yet.

Well, damage increase is damage increase. Fights are going to stay the same and we should see that increase regardless.

Not only is the DPS overall going up a bit, but maintaining censure on multiple targets will be doable, and switching targets won't be a big damage loss. I think some people forget these are important aspects of DPS, as well.

Also, if you're going to get mastery as a major secondary stat, I would go with TV(3HP) as higher priority than Exorcism if you have a 359 epic weapon or better.
    Last edited by Reith; 2011-02-03 at 10:44 AM.

Im not seeing TV ever being higher that Exo simply because our HP generation is going way down with the the change in mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyc View Post
    Im not seeing TV ever being higher that Exo simply because our HP generation is going way down with the the change in mastery.
    Considering Exo can proc DP, that would be some wierd logic. At best you'll differentiate between 3HP and DP use, but DP procs should be used asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisko View Post
    My guild is not hardcore and we don't have amazing boomkins, so ...

Rotation was Inq > HoW > Exo > TV3 > CS > TV12 > J > HW > Con.
    Not sure if it's optimal for 4.0.6, so might do better than 13% increase, only EJ knows.
    Oh yeah and TV damage tanked because HP is so scarce and I don't even have my 4piece yet.

Well, damage increase is damage increase. Fights are going to stay the same and we should see that increase regardless.
    Optimal after patch, as far as i can think out, would be; inq > TV (3 HoPo) > CS > HoW > exo > judg > HW > con.

I would choose that for faster regen of HoPo's and also the fact that mastery is affecting TV, CS and melee (also DS witch we dont use on single target). Another reason is our CS is getting buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by abijax View Post
    Considering Exo can proc DP, that would be some wierd logic. At best you'll differentiate between 3HP and DP use, but DP procs should be used asap.
    Of corse, but Exo should proc less that DP, its all RNG, we are still going to be firing off more TV's than Exo. the point is Exo, if its effected by the new mastery - i read it was, is still going to be ahead of TV. just like HoW is still going to be ahead. Im not seeing our "rotation" changing at all. just more damage, and ~maybe~ more TV's the new talent is going to be 15% chance for TV to Proc. that's higher than what most people have now with current mastery.

this is just all mental math im doing in my head. so i could be really off.

Mastery does 'only' affect those abilities i mentioned. And yes DP can be procced on Exo, same spells as before can procc the talent. And to be honest, i would rather use DP as a filler then a prio over for instance CS.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefjerky View Post
    Borrowing this threat abit.

I seldom play ret except a few fights per week, but still trying to keep my gear in shape. So my question is, what combination of gear is best for PvE, come 4.0.6:

4x PvP (ilvl 365)
    2x PvP + 2x T11

I wont have 4x T11 for a while as the droprate for those tokens have been very shy so several MS needers before i can take them for OS.

Seeing as they tone down the 4x bonus a bit, and i take the 2x PvE bonus for TV wont hurt, so sporting 2x pvp + 2x pve perhaps?

BR,
    I currently use 2xpvp and 2xpve, but let's look at 4.0.6 stat weightings to see if the secondary stats gained from 4pT11 is worth making that switch.

Let's say for example that you currently use Chest/Legs T11, Head/Shoulders PVP, you've got both tokens from Nef and Cho'gall, and are considering making a switch (this is to ignore the question of the gloves, since I'm assuming you'll want to keep the 5% CS). EJ folks are calculating different stat weightings - Chippydip has a Str: Mastery/Crit ratio of 2.2, while Redcape has it at 2.7. I'll use Redcape's just to be conservative, and will use that value for all secondary stats gained/lost.
    Switching from PVP Shoulders + Helm you lose:
    15 str from shoulders,, 20 str from helm, 70str from 2piece bonus.

You gain:
    10 haste from shoulder red socket, 10 str + 20 secondary stat with helm +30 str socket bonus, 215 secondary stats from helm, 159 secondary stats from shoulders.

Or, you lose 105 str from PVP gear, gain 10 str and 404 secondary stats (plus the 4piece bonus). 404 divided by 2.7 = 149 str, which would indicate that going for the 4piece in this situation is approx. 54 str better even if you don't take into consideration the Inq bonus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    I currently use 2xpvp and 2xpve, but let's look at 4.0.6 stat weightings to see if the secondary stats gained from 4pT11 is worth making that switch.

Let's say for example that you currently use Chest/Legs T11, Head/Shoulders PVP, you've got both tokens from Nef and Cho'gall, and are considering making a switch (this is to ignore the question of the gloves, since I'm assuming you'll want to keep the 5% CS). EJ folks are calculating different stat weightings - Chippydip has a Str: Mastery/Crit ratio of 2.2, while Redcape has it at 2.7. I'll use Redcape's just to be conservative, and will use that value for all secondary stats gained/lost.
    Switching from PVP Shoulders + Helm you lose:
    15 str from shoulders,, 20 str from helm, 70str from 2piece bonus.

You gain:
    10 haste from shoulder red socket, 10 str + 20 secondary stat with helm +30 str socket bonus, 215 secondary stats from helm, 159 secondary stats from shoulders.

Or, you lose 105 str from PVP gear, gain 10 str and 404 secondary stats (plus the 4piece bonus). 404 divided by 2.7 = 149 str, which would indicate that going for the 4piece in this situation is approx. 54 str better even if you don't take into consideration the Inq bonus.
    To get the biggest benefit from PvP gear you should be using Shoulders and Gloves or Gloves and Legs, Either way skipping Gloves is a bad idea. Now if you are using Gloves and Legs and you count for the Ilevel + 5% CS then 2PC Vicious 2PC T11 surpasses 4PC T11. I know you are just assuming the pieces but the proper assumptions are needed to get the real value.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    To get the biggest benefit from PvP gear you should be using Shoulders and Gloves or Gloves and Legs, Either way skipping Gloves is a bad idea. Now if you are using Gloves and Legs and you count for the Ilevel + 5% CS then 2PC Vicious 2PC T11 surpasses 4PC T11. I know you are just assuming the pieces but the proper assumptions are needed to get the real value.
    That's a very good point. Someone would have to compare whether 5% increased CS damage + 70 str (with CS getting a buff and moving up in priority in 4.0.6) is larger than the secondary stat gains you'd get from moving away from 2 pvp items plus the 4piece bonus. We'd have to know what the exact DPS gain of the 4piece is to really compare that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I may be wrong, but didn't they have a blue post a while back(a month or so) that said they were going to not allow pvp gear bonus and pve tier bonus at the same time?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Think it was rather PvP set bonus going to be nerfed.

Seeing SoT take up 3 spots on that meter just seems exceedingly silly

they need to make it just a flat damge every time you attack that scales with AP. I know this will not happen, but its the easiest way to be able to tune it and adjust it to where it needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    I may be wrong, but didn't they have a blue post a while back(a month or so) that said they were going to not allow pvp gear bonus and pve tier bonus at the same time?
    That post was about stuff like 2x moonkin + 2x resto (similar for locks) giving 2x the resilience bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    They said that they want to make PVP and PVE set bonsues exclusive, but since they don't want to mess with people's current gearing plans, that they would do this in 4.1 probably.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    They said that they want to make PVP and PVE set bonsues exclusive, but since they don't want to mess with people's current gearing plans, that they would do this in 4.1 probably.
    This is so wrong... It's about people not getting 2 PVP bonuses at once (2x400 resil as a let's say resto shaman)