Thread: PTR dps test

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiago View Post
    This is so wrong... It's about people not getting 2 PVP bonuses at once (2x400 resil as a let's say resto shaman)
    You are *so* right - I went back and re-read that, and my assumption that *all* 2piece bonuses would become exclusive is wrong, they were talking only about PVP 2piece bonuses.

But to distract from my mistake, here's some good news from Redscape!

"I have an update on stat weights for 4.06. I caught a bug in my spreadsheet where I was calculating HoL damage based on CS/TV swing damage *without* crit and glyphs factored in. This caused both crit and mastery to clock in lower than they should have and also underrepresented our dps.

The current best estimate I have for stat weights is:

Weapon Speed 174522
    Weapon DPS 872

Strength 232
    Hit rating 175
    Exp rating 134
    Crit rating 94
    Haste rating 67
    Mastery rating 99

Of course, as usual, the Hit/Exp weights are for precap values, clearly they are really worth between 99 and 94 depending on how reforging math works out.

This is a substantial shift as it means that haste is noticeably worse than the other stats, mastery is definitely our best secondary stat and my current estimate for our dps improvement when patch day hits is 18.4k -> 21.4k for 16.3% improvement."

pretty sure he didnt factor how quickl we stack up on new targets which, swaps are almost every single fight this tier. so that is a substantial boost in itself.

Did they make our new mastery to get the effect from INQ? if so - Im one happy lumberjack
    I do belive in fairytales...I really do!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remulade View Post
    Did they make our new mastery to get the effect from INQ? if so - Im one happy lumberjack
    Yea it works correctly now.

And as Anaxie said, the reduction of our rampup down from 12 seconds to 3 seconds is going to be a major boost on most fights, in and of itself. But not just that, we will now be able to keep a censure stack running from RANGE, by using judgement and exorcism. I believe this will actually be so good, that its gonna get changed down the road to only melee attacks. Why? Because it allows for what I call "censure spreading" to boost dps.

Take a fight like Nefarian. When he goes into the air, you set him as your focus target. Then when you get onto the platform to DPS the chromatic prototype, you make sure to use a Focus Judge macro on Nefarian to keep censure running on him, while at the same time dpsing the prototype. What type of dps gain we can expect from this kinda playstyle is hard to say, because obviously it depends a lot on your gearing strategy (crit or mastery heavy), and what type of debuffs that your secondary/alternate targets (in this case nefarian) will have on him.

But theres no real opportunity cost, because the judgement will hit for the roughly the same, wether you use it on your primary or secondary target, and thus the extra running censure damage is essentially free. This will be great on Atramedes and Nefarian, and possibly have uses on fights like Maloriak, double dragons, council, omnitron and chogall as well.

Actually I cant wait to play around with this, I believe managing multiple censure stacks is what will truly set apart a great ret from a decent one when the patch hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew View Post
    Actually I cant wait to play around with this, I believe managing multiple censure stacks is what will truly set apart a great ret from a decent one when the patch hits.
    Exactly what I was thinking. I'm going to be using focus macros for this very purpose on Judgement (and maybe Exorcism). /cast [@focus] Judgement is how I think it went. Of course with a fight like Omnotron or other multiple switches, it'll be better to have a /setfocus macro, as well, for on-the-fly focusing. If a third target is incorporated into the mix, you'll probably have to do that one manually or set it up manually.

After the patch, it sounds like having the Vicious gloves with 4-set T11 helm/shoulders/chest/legs is the way I'd ultimately want to go.
    Last edited by Reith; 2011-02-04 at 01:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. I'm going to be using focus macros for this very purpose on Judgement (and maybe Exorcism). /cast [@focus] Judgement is how I think it went. Of course with a fight like Omnotron or other multiple switches, it'll be better to have a /setfocus macro, as well, for on-the-fly focusing. If a third target is incorporated into the mix, you'll probably have to do that one manually or set it up manually.

After the patch, it sounds like having the Vicious gloves with 4-set T11 helm/shoulders/chest/legs is the way I'd ultimately want to go.
    There are a few ways you can go gear wise. If you have access to w/e gear you want and you get a lot of tier tokens dropping then I would go with one of these options.

1. 2PC Ret, 2PC Prot and PvP Gloves I know not everyone has tokens free to mix and match this early in the content.
    2. 2PC T11 2PC Vicious is better than 4PC if you are in 4PC 359.
    3. 4PC T11 PvP Gloves is probably the end BiS but only if you have 4PC 372.

On this same note, Simulations are not real raid environment they do not account for mechanics in a fight you should only think you are going to get a big DPS upgrade on the next patchwerk sytle fight. the fact that live testing is showing between 5% on the low end and 16% on the top end tells me that we will still see fluctuating DPS.
    Last edited by Requital; 2011-02-04 at 05:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?