Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Threat is a joke for tanks atm.
    Its your tank's problem.

yes very much ): its retarded. apparently starfall + dots + starsurge is too much

Deleted
    Well.. yeah it is a pain from time to time.

For example... My starting burst that often reaches 25k dps is quite hard for a tank when its mixed with instant starsurges and t11 4set.

Only our MT can hold my threat. The other two tanks cannot. I have to chill

Almost everytime i have to holdback. I have 2 holy paladins to give me salvation. And if BL is on the pull(first 3-5sec) its rly bad i have to stay and watch otherwise im pulling like 45k+ tps

10+ Year Old Account
    I need to hold back if I've popped staffall and starsurge after DoTs are in place. Otherwise it's ok.

Deleted
    Get decent hunter(s) and rogue(s) to help the tank with the initial aggro. I don't have any aggro problems and I'm mostly in the top3 in DPS on our kills. Here's my armory if it makes any difference: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d/trowl/simple

PS: Owlcapone, I'm lovin' your name <3

running with 3 hunters and tanks that are 366 ilvl + and threat is one of the biggest issues for me atm I basically get chain salved throughout every fight and would very much support any kind of ranged threat drop.

---------- Post added 2011-02-03 at 06:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Clawtrocity View Post
    The problem here isn't reliant on the player skill or lack of skill, but lies in the boomkin being the only ranged class without a threat dump of any kind.

Hunter - Feign
    Mage - Invis + Mirror(?)
    Warlock - Soul Shatter
    Priest - Fade
    Elemental Shaman - Wind Shear

Now we've managed pretty well this far without it, but we've also never been this strong. If we are being asked to not explode off the bat on a boss that'd be like asking a defensive tackle to give the quarterback some breathing room instead of exploding off the snap and sacking him. Granted sometimes we get a little carried away and get an offsides, but we shouldn't have to hold back when all other classes can let loose.
    This exactly why should we have to throttle our dps while other classes can nuke away and just drop threat or not even generate 1/10th of our threat?

I used to be very against the need for a threat dump, as I learned what ques to look for from my tanks to know that they can handle the bomb of mega dps im about to blow. However since Cata, its become increasingly hard to not pull threat, especially with pug tanks who don't know what to expect. Even when I take it easy I pull threat everytime one of my trinkets proc in random heroics. In raids I do have to be extra careful, which is not fun. I do believe it has gotten to be an official problem now for boomkins, and I think blizz will implement a solution soon. There's no way they haven't noticed the full-throttle threat we are racking up, which leads me to believe a fix is on the way. (I hope!) either that or a boomkin tank spec! haha

Problem is when/if we do get a threat dump, we just may be the most powerful pve dps class in game, and that might attract the nerf train. I mean think about it, we have awesome mana regen, pull awesome numbers single target and aoe, were everything a mage wants to be except a threat dump, so can we really have it all?

shadowmeld doesn't dump threat, shadowmeld only works when you have no debuffs, and by works I mean you disappear from the target, but the second you unshadowmeld, your still sitting at 100% threat. Its not much different from just standing there and hoping the tank taunts off you before your dead.
    Last edited by Arrousalla; 2011-02-03 at 12:02 PM.
    Please?

Deleted
    Do Boomkins not know they are a class called druids? And not just a boomkin.....

U got a 10% threat drop availible each 10 sek.

So basicly what i do if threat is ever a problem, while running (when your dps is lowest anyways) pop cat / Cower and then back into boomkin form ... takes 3-4 sek to gain the energy and go back on your rotation.
    I do this on chimeron when i have to run to feuds, so i basicly can end lower than healers when entering phase 2, making me 1 of the last standing killing the boss.

Didnt read the thread fully, but damn guys stop whining about not being able to drop threat when its actually posible!
    Last edited by mmocf21400b63b; 2011-02-03 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Urmezawa View Post
    Do Boomkins not know they are a class called druids? And not just a boomkin.....

So basicly what i do if threat is ever a problem, while running pop cat / Cower and then back into boomkin form ... takes 3-4 sek to gain the energy and go back on your rotation.
    Didnt read the thread fully, but damn guys stop whining about not being able to drop threat when its actually posible!
    brilliant! I'll just use 4 global cooldowns every 10 seconds to drop 10% of my threat! why didn't I think of this before!?
    Please?

Deleted
    From a tank POV: Boomkin threat is not an issue for me, I have never even been close to losing to a boomkin. Have however sometimes lost it to a warrior, dk, mage (lol), or hunter (lololol), that didn't know how to drop aggro or chill in the beginning.

Your tanks suck, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrousalla View Post
    brilliant! I'll just use 4 global cooldowns every 10 seconds to drop 10% of my threat! why didn't I think of this before!?
    Don't forget to run to melee,touch your toes spin 3 times then /dance and maby by that time you can actually continue to dps...
    I would really love to see that guys dps that cat form cower's every time lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrousalla View Post
    4 globals ??? U dont use global to shapeshift to cat...

Maybe make a macro as a cast sequenze, and if you got any points in furor its sometimes an instant 10 % threat dump in 2 globals. Besides u should do this when you need to move anyways, so the dps loss is minimal on the raid bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Urmezawa View Post

So basicly what i do if threat is ever a problem, while running (when your dps is lowest anyways) pop cat / Cower and then back into boomkin form ... takes 3-4 sek to gain the energy and go back on your rotation.
    I do this on chimeron when i have to run to feuds, so i basicly can end lower than healers when entering phase 2, making me 1 of the last standing killing the boss.

This is a really bad idea. The threat cap for a ranged class (the % you have to be above the tanks threat) is something like 130% off the top of my head, whereas for a melee class it is only about 110%

What this means is that if you are ever close enough to pulling aggro off your tank that you feel like you need to run into melee to cast cower, doing so will cause the boss to suddenly treat you as a melee (as cower in catform is melee ability).... you are going to be around 110 to 120%, and get instagibbed by the boss. Yes, cower will basically work as a taunt if you dont know waht is going on.

That being said, we have no rogue or hunter in our 10 man group. My dps is decent enough, i rank occasionally on some fights, but I never have threat issues unless I do something stupid like pre eclipse arcane and pop starfall and get a starsurge crit on the pull

Deleted
    Never had a trouble with threat unless i get all engulfing magics on Valiona, and i push out around 15-17k in 25 mans. But then again my tank is insane when it comes to build threat. I give him maybe a sec, start with IS>MF>SS>Wrath then starfall when i reach Lunar eclipse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sillabear View Post
    This is a really bad idea. The threat cap for a ranged class (the % you have to be above the tanks threat) is something like 130% off the top of my head, whereas for a melee class it is only about 110%

What this means is that if you are ever close enough to pulling aggro off your tank that you feel like you need to run into melee to cast cower, doing so will cause the boss to suddenly treat you as a melee (as cower in catform is melee ability).... you are going to be around 110 to 120%, and get instagibbed by the boss. Yes, cower will basically work as a taunt if you dont know waht is going on.

That being said, we have no rogue or hunter in our 10 man group. My dps is decent enough, i rank occasionally on some fights, but I never have threat issues unless I do something stupid like pre eclipse arcane and pop starfall and get a starsurge crit on the pull
    Well if your 120% above tank and move in on feud so melees can hit the boss meanwhile. U get 1 shotted anyways, the thing is to think ahead! before u actually go way above tank, witch has never been a issue to me. In general on huge single target fights like molariak / chimeron, theres movement into melee anyways where u can do the cower trick.

Another thing if your 120% above tank and he dosnt taunt hes quite stupid, witch would bring you down to 99% and then u can easily cat / cower anyways.

What fights is it specificly that ppl have aggro issues on? Cuz i really never have huge issues even though i just made a top 30 wlogs last night on chimeron.

you have bad tanks
    Beta Club

Quote Originally Posted by Trispec View Post
    I would love a ranged threat drop/misdirect, even if it took me out of moonkin form.
    Cat Form - Cower

I do this because my spells go BOOM and I'd rather not have the mob do the same to my face.

... in all seriousness I don't do that often. But there was this one time... it saved my feathery hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quetzalin View Post
    I'm on the same side as you, having threat issues as moonkin since the very first time on this expansion.

On hcs and normal raids i don't give a shit, u can just sit there waiting all ur life for the tank to get enough threat.
    But when u start doing raid hcs were u need to push ur dps to the max since the very first milisecond of the pull the situation is fucking annoying and what annoys me the most is looking at how our lock, dk or mage can go all in without any problem/punishment, so unfair.
    I can start with my normal rotation treants(if they are rdy again when hero)+starfall(if only 1 target)+IS+MF (thats almost 5-6sec) and then i have to stop for like 2 or 3 more seconds (sometimes while waiting i even do the 3xFF), wish i could follow immediatly with an starsurge and then the usual rotation but if the first starsurge crits then "oh shit..." and/or if i get an starsurge proc immediatly aftert applying those dots i get even more sad.

Don't think it is a tank problem (yes, they are hit and expertise cap), we raid without a hunter or rogue tho... soooo missing one of them..... a lot!.

Atm they are just "wasting" one salvation on me at the beginning so i can go all in and like 1min later in the fight they use another one on me.

I think if they lower the threat on starsurge then we should be ok.
    How many TPS do you and the tank have? Yet have to meet a dpser that outthreaths me.. unless at the start of a fight where everything is on cooldown. (Which would never be the case on a raid boss)