Thread: Light of Dawn?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Light of Dawn?

Is it even really worth it to use it? I honestly like forgot that I had that spell, I really only use it on Maloriak during fire phase but should I be using it more?

Light of dawn is for healing a group of people that are stacked up.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I use it quite a bit actually. true its situational, but in cases of aoe damage wog just doesnt cut it. sure it requires a little situational awareness beyond the healer bars, but we all have that right? ......riiiiiiiiight? .................riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?

It's a great heal. It heals 6 (glyphed) of the most injured targets in front of you, making it a smart heal. Like previous posters, it has its uses, just like every other heal. I currently love the state of paladin healing and find myself using just about every ability these days (unlike HL spamming in wrath or FoL spamming in Vanilla).

edit - I run mainly 25's btw. If nothing else, there are always at least 5 melee plus a tank for this to hit when I use it.
    Last edited by Nutz; 2011-02-03 at 04:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    LoD should only be used when it is guaranteed that you will hit at least 3 people, not including yourself, so in a raid, yes use it, in heroics, you're better off with WoG

I dunno. I've found myself using it less and less. I even unglyphed it a little while ago. I think that it requires a stacked group of people who've taken damage and a Beaconed target who's quite low.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Deleted
    If you are only using it on maloriak, you are doing something wrong. Even more so if you're doing 25-man.

Deleted
    I'd say totally NOT worth it. Im pretty sure it wont wipe your raid for not having it, if you are healing in raids im kinda sure there are druids/priests taking care of the AoE healing giving you chance to focus on the tanks.
    I play holy paladin both in raids and PVP and I havent taken that talent at all. I use 31/5/4 spec (dont even have Tower of radiance since imo that talent sucks more than enough after they removed Holy Light from it) and I always top the healing meters and have no problem healing people im supposed to.

Ofcourse, ofcourse, its all about the style you like to play. If you want to have more AoE healing you should take it, its only 1 talentpoint afterall, but my point here is that its not a must to have talent. You can do just fine using Holy Radiance as AoE heal and trust your raidmates, or if the situation is tense you can always pop Guardian and give some Divine lights at people (10% of the amount healed is AoE healing around the target)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justsomething View Post
    I'd say totally NOT worth it. Im pretty sure it wont wipe your raid for not having it, if you are healing in raids im kinda sure there are druids/priests taking care of the AoE healing giving you chance to focus on the tanks.
    I play holy paladin both in raids and PVP and I havent taken that talent at all. I use 31/5/4 spec (dont even have Tower of radiance since imo that talent sucks more than enough after they removed Holy Light from it) and I always top the healing meters and have no problem healing people im supposed to.

Ofcourse, ofcourse, its all about the style you like to play. If you want to have more AoE healing you should take it, its only 1 talentpoint afterall, but my point here is that its not a must to have talent. You can do just fine using Holy Radiance as AoE heal and trust your raidmates, or if the situation is tense you can always pop Guardian and give some Divine lights at people (10% of the amount healed is AoE healing around the target)
    I would very much like to see a log for your healing, what does "topping the healing meters" mean?
    Anyone rading without useing LoD or Tower of Radiance is doing it wrong tbh.
    And also you can't not take LoD, since its the last talent in the holy tree, so yeah..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davoo2080 View Post
    And also you can't not take LoD, since its the last talent in the holy tree, so yeah..
    Wrong, you can skip the last talent if you have 31 points in a tree. I did it on my elemental shaman during leveling and Im considering throwing Earthquake aside. Its just too damn weak compared with a singletarget rotation where you add a chainlightning every second GCD

Deleted
    FYI, you don't have to take the last talent of a tree. As long as you've spent 31 points in your primary tree you can go ahead and spec into Prot/Ret. For example, no sane 2v2/3v3 healer would go for the Flashlight and they can still spec into Prot/Ret.

In a heroic...no, it's a waste imo
    In a 10 man, it's situational...but still useful. If you have problems hitting enough people with it, turn on friendly player's nameplates....yeah, it's more on your screen, but if you can't see where people are, it'll help that some.
    In a 25 man, IDK...haven't done one yet, but with that many more people in the same space, I'd guess it'd be almost hard to not hit enough people for it to be worth it.

oh, you don't need the bottom talent btw..you just need 31 points in the tree.

lastly...if you dont' have LoD, then your spec fails. For the simple reason it is the most awesome spell effect ever. HOLY FLASHLIGHT OF AWESOMENESS....I cast it and I still sometimes feel like yelling "FUSSHHWAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post
    Wrong, you can skip the last talent if you have 31 points in a tree. I did it on my elemental shaman during leveling and Im considering throwing Earthquake aside. Its just too damn weak compared with a singletarget rotation where you add a chainlightning every second GCD
    Ok, didnt know that. Even so the rest of what i said is true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davoo2080 View Post
    I would very much like to see a log for your healing, what does "topping the healing meters" mean?
    Anyone rading without useing LoD or Tower of Radiance is doing it wrong tbh.
    It means that usually in our 10man raids the healing done in boss is about the following (depending on the encounter ofcourse):
    Me 10-13k HP/S
    Our Resto druid 9-12k HP/S
    Our Holy priest 7-10k HP/S
    (dont know how to use and link the logs you mentioned)

Anywho Tower of Radiance is complete waste of talentpoints. Why? Because, It only affects heals to the Beaconed Target and raid encounters usually have 2 tanks what means that i beacon one and heal the other tank, not spamming the beaconed tank because it would be just stupid. Also the beacon affects only on Divine Light and Flash of Light which are both very expensive heals and I rarely heal the beaconed tank with these.
    So yeah i could get couple more holypower per encounter but its not worth it, there are other talents that are more useful to me.

I think
    half the people on this thread are retarded

its a high HPS, situational spell

thats a must for raiding
    if anyone here is further then 2/13 you'd know that its actually good
    none of this" well druids and priests should do aoe healing"

just
    your bad.

Get the spell
    you use it on almost every single fight

just
    learn please
    holy f

10+ Year Old Account
    May as well? (x

Quote Originally Posted by Justsomething View Post
    It means that usually in our 10man raids the healing done in boss is about the following (depending on the encounter ofcourse):

Anywho Tower of Radiance is complete waste of talentpoints. Why? Because, It only affects heals to the Beaconed Target and raid encounters usually have 2 tanks what means that i beacon one and heal the other tank, not spamming the beaconed tank because it would be just stupid. Also the beacon affects only on Divine Light and Flash of Light which are both very expensive heals and I rarely heal the beaconed tank with these.
    So yeah i could get couple more holypower per encounter but its not worth it, there are other talents that are more useful to me.
    It doesnt work only your beaconed target it heals everybody in front of you. Think cone of cold or typhoon

Light of Dawn
    Instant
    Consumes all Holy Power to send a wave of healing energy before you, healing up to 5 of the most injured targets in your party or raid within a 30 yard frontal cone for 1009 to 1123 per charge of Holy Power.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=85222#comments

---------- Post added 2011-02-03 at 03:16 AM ----------

It would heal a max of 6 people in that yellow area
    Last edited by aqthedruid; 2011-02-03 at 08:29 AM.

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

Deleted
    There are plenty of encounters where there is only one tank (magmaw, atramedes, valiona), and many more where there is heavy tank damage on one tank at a time, and you will need to throw him a DL. There are tons of situations where ToR is great, it doesnt really matter if there are two tanks or one.

A LoD heals 6 targets for 4800 = 28800 healing, where as one WoG heals for 17k healing, (both non-crit). There are very few situations where you cannot find 6 people with 5k missing hp if people are standing right. Even more so in 25-man.

So you should really only be using WoG if a tank is the only one taking damage an the rest of the raid's at ~100% hp.

As i said, if anyone who has raided thinks it's not a good idea to have LoD and ToR, they are extremely stupid.

I only use it when people are stacked up, and its really good for chimaeron aswell. This spell is definately good, in the right situation combined with holy radiance

10+ Year Old Account
    Good for pre-stacking Conviction and crits for like 9k a target at 3 HoPo. Considering it hits most of its capacity, its better than WoG.
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.