Thread: Be honest

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    200+ NE solves and no Tyrande's Doll, I started getting pretty sick of it around 150.

I think there should be an option to turn off a certain race's dig sites so that you can focus on what you want. I am tired of digging thru 4-5 fossil sites to get to one troll site.

You know what kind of people that loves archaeology ? BORING PEOPLE!!!! they make this game a lil realistic and u lot start qq'ing omgfff !!

Quote Originally Posted by Canen View Post
    I think there should be an option to turn off a certain race's dig sites so that you can focus on what you want. I am tired of digging thru 4-5 fossil sites to get to one troll site.
    Yeah I agree.

But it would have to have some limits. For instance you could not turn off all sites but the one you want. You could then very quickly grind through that race with no RNG. But to say turn off ONE race at a time to filter out would be a nice boost. Most continents have a subset anyways and filtering one out would reduce RNG of sites but improve the likely hood you would be getting a site your trying to focus on. Ability to change your filter once per 24 hours or something like a Archeology cooldown right?

give me autopilot or portals. the flying around is annoying as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly like it, I think it's fun and unique. I'm not a lore buff but the info is still interesting, and it's a bit fun to "see what I'll dig up next." It's a mindless, relaxing thing to do when I'm just logged in to be social with my guild but don't want to just sit around in town. It's also something I can do while I'm doing raid invites that isn't borked by being in a raid group, unlike dailies.

But then, I also kinda enjoy fishing sometimes, too, and most people don't.

I think a large part of it is that I'm not rushing out to "finish" it and get all the rares now. I'm just sort of doing it as I go. The only time I get into a frenzy for artifacts is if I have a rare I need to complete. For the people who just want to finish all the rares out there and be "done" with the profession, I can understand the hatred.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Canen View Post
    I agree, at least that would shorten the time you spend digging for items. I'm up to 515 ATM, but after hitting 525 I don't think I'll bother farming anything specific. There isn't anything worth it to me that I would consider spending that much time wandering aimlessly for. Too many other enjoyable things to do in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had a lot of fun doing it. To me it was a fun treasure hunt. Most of the time you get nothing good but some lore and every now and then you get something nice. The only problem I had with it was the vendor prices for greys, which is being solved in the next patch. So for the most part I've loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Restalan View Post
    ...But if I get fossils in the Un'goro tar pits one more time, I might have to punt a gnome.
    What the hell else are you going to get from Tar Pits? Do you not understand that 'dumb creature' + 'falling' into one of them = insta-fossil?

It's terribly designed but it is sort of addictive too... I certainly don't actually find it fun though.

I hate the randomness of it all and the way i'm forced to collect worthless fragments to have a chance to get the fragments I need and even then I only have some ridiculously low chance to actually find the items i'm searching for. Over 300 troll solves and no sword, forced to collect over 4000 worthless night elf and fossil fragments AFTER i've already found all the items from those 2 groups etc... it's really stupid.

OK you don't have to do it, it's only a secondary profession etc etc but that's no excuse for such a poorly thought out design.

Fishing is more entertaining. My main issue with archeology is that there is far too much travel between archeology spots required.

Quote Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
    Not touched it yet, and people tell me it's worse then fishing... Won't touch it in a while ;
    imo its a tad better than fishing, at least you get environmet changes rather then sitting in the one spot for hours....
    im 525 and going to grind my heart out when the fragment sell value is bumped up.

Deleted
    The worst thing I find is the kaldimdor digsites, and the lack of fossil artefacts. It took me 20 mins earlier today to dig 3 sites in kalimdor, just because it's so vast.

I loved doing the insane title grind. Buckling down, and grinding was fun for me. I like this archeology grind. I am going for all 26 rares, and am close, and 10 game days into the grind. I am pretty sure once i finish the 26th i'll feel disappointed it is over.

I'm enjoying it, but I also enjoy fishing. I do both while watching tv shows on the second monitor so it doesn't seem grindy at all.

Honestly, if you're just doing that, yeah it's very boring. Put on some music/talk with friends/watch tv while doing it and it's not as bad.
    Thank you to Serrin for the signature!
    PC Stuffs: i7-4790K | Z97X-SLI | 16GB DDR3-1866 | GTX-780 | 256GB Samsung EVO | 1TB WD Blue | SuperNOVA 650 Gold | Fractal r4 Blackout | Dark Rock Pro 3

Deleted
    After 250+ troll solves the "enjoy" part is over. But for me still better than fishing

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate it. I don't care Blizzard that I found a common for the 10000th time. Why not actually let me find a rare?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the worst part about archeology is that for hard core completionists - like myself - it has made me hate wow, don't even feel like doing dailies or anything anymore q_q

No, it's horribly boring. I wish that they would have made it faster or more fun.