Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Don't forget to get your hunters to use distraction shot on the adds that goes for the melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Demo has mind whooping AoE in meta, but it requires you to stay in melee range - not viable with parasites going on you.
    A Demolock doesn't need to be in melee range to be effective with adds on this fight. Here's what I do as a Demo lock in our ten man runs, my gear is about 340 average so not that awesome. We had no mages, we did have a Shaman, we did have one hunter.

Felguard out and on passive, just sat by me so its ready to be set on a target at a moments notice without a huge run from the boss. Make sure his Cleave is ON. Light DPS on the boss, no HoG used on Magmaw unless you're positive you have time for it to CD, you want this ready to go on the adds. Demonic portal up at all times on first range group location.

When adds pop, as you guys ought to already be running away from the spawn location, I'll send my felguard in with a pursuit charge, and then immediately Felstorm. You need to be quick, so they need to be bound to a hotkey. The Felguard will tank the mobs easily enough, but just to make sure he gets plenty of aggro on them toss a HoG down on the pack, if theres already a frost trap down or totem you can perhaps hold off a bit and time it , but generally I throw it down as the Felguard is starting to felstorm so they remain bunched up. Once HoG is down, toss in Rain of Fire, spam Life Tap in every couple of RoF cos this is gonna rape your mana fast, you don't want to get caught oom. Your Felguard might need a few light heals to keep him up, can't say for sure but our healers had no problem here.

If some of the adds start to get too close use Axe toss to slow one of the adds with higher health down, and send the Felguard into them. if you want for added security switch in the Glyph of Shadowflame to snare any that get too close to the group. By this point they should be pretty much dealt with providing everyone else is chipping in. It takes practice, but if you execute your Feguard Pursuit/Felstorm/Hog/RoF attack well it'll rape those adds and keep most of them under control.

I didn't even change from glyph of lash of Pain to Glyph of Felguard on our attempt, but you could easily do so if you want to squeeze a bit more dps out.

Deleted
    We had problem with the adds too. We solved it with having our OT pick them and just take hits while the other tanked Magmaw. When the Mangle or whatever it is called ended, they switched so that the OT came tank Magmaw while MT went to take hits from the worms. Everyone except 1 hunter stayed on boss all times and even he only shot his MD on wormtank and then serpent spreaded the worms stayed on the boss and only the current wormtank killed worms. Got him dopwn on 2nd try

If the Demo Warlock can't do it almost by himself with a frost trap something is wrong, he can run circles around the little buggers keeping them in the trap spamming hellfire, and Fel Storm is amazing for it too.

If you can't kill them fast enough, kite them around the room untill they die or, have your hunter spec marksmanship to get the 50% slow on his multishot, and just simply kite all the adds all the time.

And melee can help kill the adds, its only if you get aggro that the parasite jump on you.

Also, for the tanks, you just need 1 tank and there's a few different options here:
    Pala tank, if you make sure the parasites spawn within 30 yards of him he can throw avengers shield (hitting 15k+ non crit) on 3 of them every 15 seconds (can be refreshed with talents alot though)
    DK tank, Have him spec frost and spec into Chillbains and have him just spawn howling blast on adds and kite them around the room.
    Warrior Tank, have him spec into Piercing howl and he ll just go hit the mobs to get rend on all of them, then thunderclap and shockwave them.
    Druid tank, not much really, but unless you have two druid tanks you got options, and if he have a moonkin spec, good good.

Its also worth noting adds can't jump on you if stunned.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Last night one frost DK did 50% of the add damage with howling blast alone. This is even when I got a living bomb and pyroblast crit spread around and blastwave + flamestrike spam at every opportunity.

Deleted
    I do this alone as a survival hunter. use frost and expl trap, and just run around happily spamming multi shot. You'll have alot of em at some point, but they will die eventually

It's also imperative that if someone else than the person kiting (or alternatively tanking) the adds gets infected, they'll have to run away from the rest of the raid when the debuff runs out and the parasite kiter/tank should pick up the spawned parasite asap. Even badly geared frost dk ( or whatever dk with frost spec, regardless of gear ) pretty much trivializes the encounter with snare specced howling blast:
    * Blood presence
    * DnD to the location of pillar
    * Howling blast on cd ( except when pillar is coming - he should wait 'til all the parasites have spawned and HB after that )
    * AMS during the fire aoe every time it's available

The dk should be able to kite the adds 'til the end of the world. If he gets snared he can always pop hungering cold.

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    Don't have much choice to change the group, we're a 10-man guild and these are the only toons that are geared. We're already bringing 3 people from outside of the guild.

I'm interested in what the each of the 4 classes should be doing for AOE - survival hunter, shadow priest, arcane mage (he's not familiar with fire or frost) and demo lock.
    mage needs to go fire, seriosly trust me..... mage needs to go fire arcane just wont work atm

Hum, we dk kite, and then kill Maggy. Not too hard so long as no adds are allowed into the group. And as far as the fire, vs frost, vs. Arc mage thing, I'm arc and pulled over 20k by the end of the fight, so yes my aoe is the worst, but when Maggy is eating dirt I own his wormy ash.

Quote Originally Posted by sinlana View Post
    Hum, we dk kite, and then kill Maggy. Not too hard so long as no adds are allowed into the group. And as far as the fire, vs frost, vs. Arc mage thing, I'm arc and pulled over 20k by the end of the fight, so yes my aoe is the worst, but when Maggy is eating dirt I own his wormy ash.
    This only works if you EITHER KITE or if you have enough other AOE in raid. If your group kills the adds, and without your AOE has not enough AOE-DPS
    to kill the adds, then it is to be fire (myselves I usually ask before the boss if they need me for AOE - and if no, I go arcane... if yes, I go fire... admitted,
    last weeks the answer always was "no"). But the one who wrote that thread seemed to be in a guild just starting into raiding (346-with-some-359, if
    I read correct), so here fire might be the better option (if they do not kite, at least).

Deleted
    Have your hunter spec survival with entrapment and serpent spread. Have everyone else stack in melee, let the hunter solo the adds and everyone else ignore the adds and focus the boss.

Just tell your hunter to stay out in range, use multi shot, aspect of the fox and put them frost trap and snake trap for roots and slows and just kite the adds, he can easily solo them.

Deleted
    wow a necro from old enough the wow logs is not up anymore.