Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look at it this way, if you block even two or three more times throughout an entire boss fight from gemming for mastery, you'll already eclipse the amount of HP you'd get for gemming straight Stamina.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Mastery>Dodge/Parry>Hit>Expertise

Ignore 15stam socket bonuses, just go for the 30 stamina. Mastery bonuses are always good.

Yellow Socket: 67 Mastery / 40 Mastery
    Blue/Yellow: 20 Mastery / 30 Stamina
    Red/Blue: 20 Parry / 30 Stamina

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevulon View Post
    I'd just like to point out that although we can't reach unhittable from 346/359 gear then we can come quite close. I'm currently sitting at 94.5% parry, dodge, block and miss when fully buffed and that's with just two drops from raids (and three valor point items). If I was to go for stam instead then I'd take alot more full hits without getting much extra hp in return.
    in what gear are you in? lol im sitting at ~13% dodge ~13% parry ~52% block and the 5% miss chance in total thats only ~83% and im in almost full 359 pieces and aside from my 3 JC gems being the 101 stam ones all of my gems are either 40 mastery, mastery/stam, parry/mastery so id like to call bs on that one even if i got the 3 67 mastery gems instead of the stam it would only bring me up to about 55-56% block so 85-86% total mitigation/avoidance.
    Last edited by trulofy; 2011-02-04 at 09:54 PM.

Dks are actually required to cap out hit and expertise for raids, fortunately we are not all that dependent on the stat. Worry about your survivability first.

Deleted
    I have changed all my gems and enchants now, and im still below 80%

Quote Originally Posted by Zevulon View Post
    I'd just like to point out that although we can't reach unhittable from 346/359 gear then we can come quite close. I'm currently sitting at 94.5% parry, dodge, block and miss when fully buffed and that's with just two drops from raids (and three valor point items). If I was to go for stam instead then I'd take alot more full hits without getting much extra hp in return.
    Link your armory please, I don't see how anyone can be that close unless they are gemming pure mastery on all their sockets. I'm in full epics and my avoidance is currently at almost 88%.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pereira/simple

---------- Post added 2011-02-04 at 07:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nethilliz View Post
    I have changed all my gems and enchants now, and im still below 80%
    Reforge your bracers expertise to Mastery, your rings Hit to Mastery and your other rings expertise to Dodge.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=davep;10338432]Link your armory please, I don't see how anyone can be that close unless they are gemming pure mastery on all their sockets. I'm in full epics and my avoidance is currently at almost 88%.

I think you guys are missing where he said "RAID BUFFED". Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    Link your armory please, I don't see how anyone can be that close unless they are gemming pure mastery on all their sockets. I'm in full epics and my avoidance is currently at almost 88%.

I think you guys are missing where he said "RAID BUFFED". Just saying.
    ya I did miss that part, but still 94.5% is pretty high raid buffed

For burst threat, abilities such as MD and Tricks will still provide you with enough to keep a boss off your DPS until Vengeance starts to kick in. The addition of DP for 3 Holy Power made that even easier, although it's still very annoying to have Onyxia use her Daigo hacking and parry SoR multiple times in a row.

Also, adding to what Hitsurugi said, avoidance will always win until we can hit the 102.4% cap comfortably, which won't be for quite some time. Think of avoidance being similar to Resilience - tanks that take less damage over the course of a fight are easier to heal. The only advantage that Stamina has is for massive amounts of incoming damage, but for most fights it's predictable enough to prevent tanks getting gibbed.

i go about 92% p/d/mas/miss with full raid buffs, with both exper and hit cap. i barely take MASSIVE damage. i love my caps, i could reforge for better mit/avoid, but tbh i couldnt care ;p i love my 10k + dps as a tank

also factoring in the crap proc, seeing as i see it up a hell of a lot, ( gives me just over 73% block)

I want to add that the armor meta is better if your avoidance + block is under ~85%. At or above ~85% the 1% block meta takes over. The tooltip is bugged, the meta doesn't provide 5% as the tooltip states but "only" 1%.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xsnapusx View Post
    i go about 92% p/d/mas/miss with full raid buffs, with both exper and hit cap. i barely take MASSIVE damage. i love my caps, i could reforge for better mit/avoid, but tbh i couldnt care ;p i love my 10k + dps as a tank

also factoring in the crap proc, seeing as i see it up a hell of a lot, ( gives me just over 73% block)
    im sry but that is bs im only missing 3 pieces and im only sitting at like 87-88% and i dont gem/enchant/re-forge for hit or expertise your a liar! and btw the 87-88% is when im raid buffed!
    Last edited by trulofy; 2011-02-05 at 04:12 PM.

Deleted
    Just a newb question, what buff that applys to our avoidance does other classes bring? i have been trying to figure it out i just cant seem to get how there can be a difference of aprox 15% of avoidance in or outside a raid ;o

Mabye im stupid, mabye ppl are lieing

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    dks/shamans give the horn/str,agi totem, kings/motw from pallies/druids plus the resistance's, food buff I would suggest the 90 stam 90 mastery and that is where you get the extra avoidance/mitigation.

EDIT: BTW the horn/str,agi totem give quite alot of avoidance, mitigation because str gives parry now for pallies and agility gives dodge. But it wont be no extra 15% maybe 5% at the most!!!
    Last edited by trulofy; 2011-02-05 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    TLDR: Gem for stamina. If the socket bonus is nice go for stam/parry or stam/mastery to match it, but wherever possible get stam.
    You are wrong, period. The math is out there. Go do some research.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansow View Post
    You are wrong, period. The math is out there. Go do some research.
    I totally agree Lansow gemming for stam is just plain stupid im guessing this guy is either a troll and just hasnt dont any raiding stacking pure stam will oom your healers on the first couple fights in any of the raids atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trulofy View Post
    dks/shamans give the horn/str,agi totem, kings/motw from pallies/druids plus the resistance's, food buff I would suggest the 90 stam 90 mastery and that is where you get the extra avoidance/mitigation.

EDIT: BTW the horn/str,agi totem give quite alot of avoidance, mitigation because str gives parry now for pallies and agility gives dodge. But it wont be no extra 15% maybe 5% at the most!!!
    Okay thanks, if you mouse over the stats it doesnt say that anymore so i didnt know

---------- Post added 2011-02-05 at 05:41 PM ----------

Everyone, thanks for your good advices here is my char today
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...g/nethz/simple

Is there anthing else that i can improve or just do differently regarding gemming and enchanting (dont mind that my legs dont have an enchant, im broke but it will come ;P)

Quote Originally Posted by trulofy View Post

Oh yeah, and you'll want to go for the 225 mastery elixir instead of the 300 stamina flask.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryoh View Post
    Oh yeah, and you'll want to go for the 225 mastery elixir instead of the 300 stamina flask.
    I would have to say no on the mastery elixir espically since elixirs dont persist thru death and having some extra hp does help so stam is not a terrible stat you just dont want to stack it. But if you want to spend the gold to pop a new elixir everytime you die then have at it I guess but flasks are far superior imo espically like with my guild and raid group we use cauldrons and since were lvl 14 we get the 50% duration increase on guild flasks which is wonderful it makes our flasks from the cauldrons last for 1 1/2 hours instead of 1 hour and for alchemists it makes it last 3 hours instead of just 2!!!

Deleted
    I can agree with no stack on stamina gems but flasks have to be stamina one. At least until we get mastery flask.
    Have to apply elixir every wipe is expensive and you will lose much time when you get a CR because you have to apply it.