Question Q: Razer Naga and actionkeys

I would like to apologize if this thread is not in the proper forum.

I had a quick question about the Razer Naga, maybe some fellow MMO-Champ users are familiar with this mouse and can help me out.

I need a new mouse and was looking into the naga, I don't know how to phrase this question very well so I will put it as an example. Let's say my Mutilate ability (Rogue here) is keybinded to my "1" actionkey, if I press one on the Naga will it cast mutilate? Is it possible to have the "1" key on the keyboard bind to somthing different than the "1" button on the naga?

Thanks for any help or feedback.

You can choose between using the "main" numbers or the num pad on your keyboard as the "macro-keys" (couldn't find any better way to explain that ): )

edit; so if you choose to use the num pad as your macro-keys, "1" will not trigger your mutilate.
    Last edited by Aidsventura; 2011-02-03 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidsventura View Post
    You can choose between using the "main" numbers or the num pad on your keyboard as the "macro-keys" (couldn't find any better way to explain that ): )

edit; so if you choose to use the num pad as your macro-keys, "1" will not trigger your mutilate.
    perfect, so then i will just make the Naga use the number pad keys, and i still have my left hand free to use my keybinds there, Just want to make sure i understood this correct.

Putting in example, my "1" actionkey will remain mutilate, and my "1"key on the numpad will be let's say Blind, then i set the naga to react on my numpad, and when i hit the "1" button on the naga it will cast blind?

10+ Year Old Account
    Putting in example, my "1" actionkey will remain mutilate, and my "1"key on the numpad will be let's say Blind, then i set the naga to react on my numpad, and when i hit the "1" button on the naga it will cast blind?[/QUOTE]

Yes. If you select the switch on the bottom to Num, you will effectively gain 12 more keybinds. On my War, I have my number row with abilities, and then I have my NumPad with 12 more abilities. Only issue I've ran into, if the cat gets on my desk and hits my NumLock.... I thought my mouse broke after only a week of having it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beardlust View Post
    Putting in example, my "1" actionkey will remain mutilate, and my "1"key on the numpad will be let's say Blind, then i set the naga to react on my numpad, and when i hit the "1" button on the naga it will cast blind?
    Yes. If you select the switch on the bottom to Num, you will effectively gain 12 more keybinds. On my War, I have my number row with abilities, and then I have my NumPad with 12 more abilities. Only issue I've ran into, if the cat gets on my desk and hits my NumLock.... I thought my mouse broke after only a week of having it.[/QUOTE]

Very funny, I own a Pit Bull, he is very well trained so i don't see ny similarities happening. You did however spark another question for me, I usually leave my NumLock on, this will not affect what I'm aiming to do and I will still gain those 12 extra binds correct?

Just be aware that if you set your naga keys to the numpad, you can not use the shift modifier. Regular number keys work with all modifiers and all other modifiers work with numpad numbers, but shift+numpad doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zezu View Post
    perfect, so then i will just make the Naga use the number pad keys, and i still have my left hand free to use my keybinds there, Just want to make sure i understood this correct.

yes, that is essentially how it will work!

Keep in mind that every key on the thumbpad can be rebound to whatever you like, key or macro action, with multiple profiles you can load via the drivers.