Thread: Archangel use?

Archangel use?

Whens the prime time you guys are using archangel for a dps buff? I've usually been keeping it for when a boss hits 25% then popping it and using SWD and mindblast, is that the correct use?

Also regarding Mindblast and what I gathered from the guide, are you only suppose to MB with 1-3 orbs for the first rotation to get ES, and then from there on your only suppose to MB with 3 orbs, or to reapply empowered shadows?
    Last edited by Choshu; 2011-02-03 at 11:18 PM.

On CD.. right after i refresh my dots, so i can get full benefit using mind flay.

Mind blast on CD if you need to refresh ES and you have shadow orbs

10+ Year Old Account
    i pop AA off the bat and every CD, unless inc BL

and i MB at 1 orb to start off, and every 2-3 orbs unless ES is falling off

On the CD after refreshing dots its the principle. More specifically it varies between fights. When you start to be familiar with certain fight, what are the downtimes running around and when you spend time multidotting, you can plan more optimal usage for it.

Also try to combine it with other damage boosts. For example, you are doing omnomtron system. Your Archangel comes off from cd and Arcanotron is coming next: wait that it comes, get the damage boost then use AA. Profit. Same thing with heroism: try to time it with heroism/bloodlust (again you need to know the fight and when its being used), but keep it on cooldown before that.
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

when using AA, do you guys go for "spam MS 3 times then MB, again spam MS till MB comes off cd. Rinse and repeat till AA fades" or "keep the dots, MF, MB on every CD"? I currently do the 2nd one but dunno how useful that would be since AA stays for 18 secs and that would mean just 2 MBs used till AA fades...

Quote Originally Posted by MysticRag View Post
    when using AA, do you guys go for "spam MS 3 times then MB, again spam MS till MB comes off cd. Rinse and repeat till AA fades" or "keep the dots, MF, MB on every CD"? I currently do the 2nd one but dunno how useful that would be since AA stays for 18 secs and that would mean just 2 MBs used till AA fades...
    You pop it after you've just refreshed your Dots. That way you dont waste GCD's refreshing while you have the buff.
    MS spam is never, ever worth it on a boss.

As for MB:
    If its CD is up, and you have at least 1 orb, use it.

Although, come patch, I believe it is worth it to use even without an orb (assuming of course the buff does not need refreshing within the next 7 seconds)

Deleted
    But why should i use MB only when i have an orb? Everybody tells that MB does more dmg than MF...

You should be using Mind Blast when you have an Orb because of your Mastery, and when an orb is consumed (regardless of the number of orbs consumed) you will receive a buff to your shadow DoT's. Between the cast of your mind blast and the cooldown until your next one you should have gained at least one orb as it is, unless you get really unlucky RNG.
    You can't spell slaughter without laughter!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanish View Post
    On CD.. right after i refresh my dots, so i can get full benefit using mind flay.

Mind blast on CD if you need to refresh ES and you have shadow orbs
    this for the most part, if i notice we're at around 30% and my CD is up i will save it for <25%

15+ Year Old Account

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests