Retri 4-piece tier 11

Hey mmo-champions out there,

I have a question for you. Basically, does anyone think 4-piece bonus is worth getting and if it is, should I still use Inquisition with 3 holy power or just 2?
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Deleted
    ive also been asking myself this question..

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post

I have a question for you. Basically, does anyone think 4-piece bonus is worth getting and if it is, should I still use Inquisition with 3 holy power or just 2?
    A much, much more important question is why the hell do people say 'Retri' now? It's...bad...like...really bad. I mean, Ret was short enough that I didn't just jump to 'retarded'...but...now...Retri...Ret...reee....tarded.

I think that is a better discussion for this thread.

Ban the use of Retri. /sign
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Knirps View Post
    A much, much more important question is why the hell do people say 'Retri' now? It's...bad...like...really bad. I mean, Ret was short enough that I didn't just jump to 'retarded'...but...now...Retri...Ret...reee....tarded.

I hereby propose we call it "retribut" from now on.

On topic: yes, it's worth it. There's a lot of discussion about the optimal way to use it, but ultimately, the less holy power used refreshing inquisition, the more holy power is used for damage. You should check the Elitist Jerks ret pally thread for the detailed discussion as to what the optimal use of holy power is, I don't remember off the top of my head.
    "Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." - Terry Pratchett

Yes, it is worth it. In 4.0.6, even more so. Pop it at 2 HP, the extra duration comes from the 4-Piece, enjoy that extra TV you can squeeze out, repeat.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

Deleted
    Definately worth it, especially when the patch hits and Holy Power will be a lot more scarce.

It gives you the freedom to use Inquisition with any amount of holy power you wish without losing dps. It makes managing the rotation so much easier and you are allowed to be much much more aggresive with your HP. You got 3 HP ready and 5 seconds left before Inquisition falls off? without the set bonus, you would need to refresh it right there, clipping off some of your Inq, but with the set bonus you can just hit TV without worry, and then build up 1 or 2 HP afterwards to refresh Inq as soon as it expires.

It's very nice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knirps View Post

This this this a million times this

/signed
    /petitioned
    /loved

Ret, Simple, sweet, not like you're cutting out halfway through your statement, it sounds stupid like we're a tree or something.

Ret
    Retribution
    Ret Pally

Not Retri

Pally
    Paladin

Not Pala

Ret, that's how it should be, not that cancerous abomination of inbred butchery of our beloved name Retribution.

Have a good day. Also pop at 2 HP, that will yield the best results in the long run.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2011-02-04 at 07:38 AM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    When you have the GCD you should use Inquisition with 1 HP everytime. That gives you double The duration that normal. With 2 HP you get 50% extra and with 3 you get only 33% extra.

So if you get a free GCD and you have 1 HP, use it. But getting the full amount out of the set isnt that easy, so it will happen that you have to use it with 2 HP, but you should try to evade that use with 3 HP.

Enough off-topic posts, make a new thread if you feel the desire to.
    Anyway, I think the 4piece is great will be much better next patch where Holy Power will be quite scarce and Inquisition harder to keep up.

My question is how does it compare to other classes 4 piece bonus? Inquisition is just one of those things you keep up 100% during a fight, and it's designed to be that way. But since you keep it up regardless, does it actually result in a DPS gain if it acts as if it's 1 HP more than it is? Just a brief look at the other DPS tier 11 sets mostly has either a percentage damage increase, or a crit increase. So really I'll decide if it's crap or not if someone else (who is a lot more qualified than me) can crunch the numbers and give some direct comparisons between the sets.

At this point in time though I'm thinking (I'm probably wrong here) it's a crock compared to the 4 piece T11 bonuses of other DPS classes.

I always try to refresh my Inquisition around 8secs, turn 12secs next patch, so its really up to your playstyle how much it will benefit you.

It's hard to provide solid math here, but increased Inq duration should allow you with more TVs during the fight => more damage.
    Very basic calculation would be converting one-fourth of your Inq casts to TVs (since 30s -> 40s).

I did it for some of my parses and got 1% - 1.5% damage increase from 4-piece bonus (2-piece is 2%). But it's not just damage increase, it gives you freedom of choice when to refresh Inq.

I also have a related question.
    While we know that 4-piece is good, anyone tried to figure out which pieces will be BiS to use for 4.0.6+?
    A) Helm/Shoulders/Chest/Legs + PvP gloves
    B) Helm/Chest/Gloves/Legs + Halfus shoulders (mastery)
    C) Something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I always try to refresh my Inquisition around 8secs, turn 12secs next patch, so its really up to your playstyle how much it will benefit you.
    Ouch. If I have 4 or 5s left and 3 holy power, I'll hit TV anyway, let Inq fall off, and put it back up as soon as I can afterward (4pc T11 will be awesome for this, if we can ever kill enough bosses for me to get it). I may be cutting it too close, but I think you go too far toward the other end. At 8s left, you could use TV, build up 3 holy power, and still have a few seconds of Inq left (assuming the RNG doesn't hate you and deny you all divine purpose procs). An extra TV every 30 seconds could do a lot for your dps.

Tier 11 359 helm > Engineering Helm
    Damn. I freaking HATE the way our T11 gear looks (Guards of Minis Tirith anyone?). replacing my googys is guna make me a sad panda. As for people who let their Inq fall off. Don't after this patch. The constant damage increase we will get from it affecting mastery will make up for the extra TV you get.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by t3hj0j0 View Post
    Damn. I freaking HATE the way our T11 gear looks (Guards of Minis Tirith anyone?).
    Thankfully there's an option to not show helms.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post

Mediocre DPS upgrade, massive quality of life upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by t3hj0j0 View Post
    Damn. I freaking HATE the way our T11 gear looks (Guards of Minis Tirith anyone?). replacing my googys is guna make me a sad panda. As for people who let their Inq fall off. Don't after this patch. The constant damage increase we will get from it affecting mastery will make up for the extra TV you get.
    Please disregard my post completely it was deleted because it was wrong. I wasn't taking into account the Engineering helm's socket bonus (hurp freaking durp).
    Engineering helm provides you with 20 secondary stat points over the 359 tier helm and counting all socket bonuses the strength is the same. In the same breath, you can easily pick up the tier helm at no strength loss and grab vicious pvp gloves which have 15 more str than the 259 tier gloves.
    I'm holding onto some VP for gloves in anticipation of 406 next week and the possibility of Nefarian not being friendly with helms (I have PvP and heroic Chim offset gloves). Not my best setup to get the 359 gloves but god help me if I'm going into 406 without that 4set bonus. Jesus.

And to answer the OP, Redcape is saying that the best way to manage your Inquisition is to refresh it at 4 seconds, regardless of how much HP you have. I haven't personally tested this.

Source
    This is a substantial shift as it means that haste is noticeably worse than the other stats, mastery is definitely our best secondary stat and my current estimate for our dps improvement when patch day hits is 18.4k -> 21.4k for 16.3% improvement. I am also showing refreshing Inq with up to 4 seconds remaining at *any* amount of holy power as being optimal (though with the usual caveats that the difference is miniscule) and the optimal rotation as...
    He sounds a little optimistic about the increase in our damage if you ask me.
    Last edited by Rlyskilled; 2011-02-04 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Such a wuss! I go for 6 seconds to start regaining hp for inq refresh. However given the slow nature of HP regen next patch I will prob go to 12 secs and 8 seconds at 4p t11

Quote Originally Posted by Grz View Post
    Such a wuss! I go for 6 seconds to start regaining hp for inq refresh. However given the slow nature of HP regen next patch I will prob go to 12 secs and 8 seconds at 4p t11
    You can easily go with 4 seconds or less with 4 piece T11, since refreshing at 1 Holy Power is still very good with the 4-set bonus. It's almost ideal, actually. 1 or 2 works.