[Movies] A long time ago, when Star Wars was fun.

This Youtube Video pretty much sums it up the Topic of this Thread. We are talking about the Origonal Star Wars Movies.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNyE2xExktA

A long time ago, back before the billions of Merchandise, back before that Terrible Christmas Special, back before the Prequels, we had the Original Star Wars Movies. And a testament of Great Movies they are, even to todays standards. When we were younger, a fair few of us grew up with, or at least watched Star Wars. In fact, Star Wars is among the most popular Movies ever made and is known just about everywhere in the World. Why? Because the Classic Star Wars Movies were so damn fun to watch, and back then, Star Wars was actually a very new take on the Sci-Fi movies.

Now with that said, lets forget the fact that the Star Wars Franchise basically collapsed into a Black Hole where very little good comes out, and let us just remember Star Wars as we remembered it when we were younger.

I'll Start. I remember being a kid at my Grandmothers house. I was annoying and she wanted to Distract me for several hours, so she put Star Wars into the VHS. While I had little idea what was going on (as I was a kid) and never cared for the finer details, I was in love with the Movies. I would watch them again and again. My friends loved them too and we would stay at each others houses and do nothing but watch all three movies until the wee hours of the morning. Then wake up in the PM, find out we are late for school... and awkward day, but it was worth it.

Edited because Thread Derailing Extraordinaires just had to put in their 2 cents about about everything Off-Topic.
    Last edited by Daginni; 2011-02-04 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    This Youtube Video pretty much sums it up the Topic of this Thread.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNyE2xExktA

Now with that said, lets forget the fact that the Star Wars Franchise basically collapsed into a Black Hole where nothing good comes out, and let us just remember Star Wars as we remembered it when we were younger.
    Good video, but thats not true. KOTOR was the best thing Star Wars since the original movies, and TOR is coming out this year =)

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Good video, but thats not true. KOTOR was the best thing Star Wars since the original movies, and TOR is coming out this year =)
    Which is not the point of this Thread. Please keep On-Topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    Which is not the point of this Thread. Please keep On-Topic.

Well then don't include that in your post, because its clearly wrong.

Didn't even mention the Ewok Adventure movies? Those were awesome as a kid. Not so cool as an adult though.

Don't forget the awesome Droids animated series.

There has been lots of good games for Star Wars as well, X-Wing, Tie Fighter, I even enjoyed Rebellion.

My parents took me to see Star Wars - A New Hope at the drive in when it came out. Only being a toddler I freaked out when Darth Vader made his entrance and they told me to goto sleep.

I saw The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi in the movie theaters as a kid. I think Empire Strikes Back really effected me because it was one of the first movies I'd seen where the good guys didn't actually win all the time. Luke got owned by Darth Vader I couldn't believe it. Everyone was quiet walking out. It'll never be like that again given all the spoilers people get via internet.

I saw Return of the Jedi on a friends birthday party. I remember approaching the theater and we're like "look theres only 3 people !" Who were standing off to the left of the main entrance behind this rope barrier. We run up and the guy snarls "The end of the lines over there kid." We walk to the other side of the theater and see the line... which goes all the way around the entire place. We ended up getting in anyways and being young I thought the new death star they were building was the remains of the old one. That was because at the time we were having a war against these hornets and the remains of their nest looked like the death star.

I won't comment on the prequels other then to say the dialogue, script, and plot were absolutely ridiculous and farcical.