Fear and Pet Managment

Is there any way that I can start out a fight in a dungeon with using Fear and not have my pet go in and attack what I just fear'd. I do realize I can just take it off defensive and auto attack something else, but as I'm using a laptop to do this with and half the time I don't have my mouse working with me. It takes more time for me to switch around my pet with fear.

Is there something I can, maybe a macro, or some kind of addon that can work with this. Because I would like to do more damage instead of trying to manage my pet while CCing.

I'm sorry that I can't say this for sure, but the following macro should work;

#showtooltip
    /cast Fear
    /stoppetattack

Again, my apologies if it doesn't work. I've been looking around and couldn't find a macro like it.

EDIT: Aha. THIS should work.

#showtooltip
    /cast Fear
    /petfollow [target=focus,noexists]
    Last edited by Facerockker; 2011-02-04 at 04:08 AM.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    The forum won't left me put in anything but text.....Some of my hunter friends have found that they can get their pet to stop attacking (from autoattack) but targeting the pet. This can easily be put into a macro.

^^That seemed to do it,
    I also put /petattack with one of my other macros.

I did this in HoO and it worked nicely.

I have this macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] Fear => Cast fear on the target
    /cast [mod:alt,target=focus] Fear => Cast fear on the focus target
    /focus [mod:shift] target => Focus target
    /petattack [target=target] => Makes your pet attacking your target not your focus which you are CC

It works great so hope it helps

Cheers

15+ Year Old Account
    easiest option: pet on passive (but yeah.. this sux)
    other option:"focus the CC target, select current target --> fight starts: ctrl 1 before casting fear @ focus

PS: turn charge of on felguard... nothing more annoying than seeing your felguard charge into the CC group 1 second after you told it to felstorm.(can't use any other abbilities my ass)

whenever i'm on crowd control duty, i put my pet on passive and create a focus for the target i'm CC'ing... then i bind my opener on my main target with my imp casting firebolt...

this does two things... it keeps the target i'm cc'ing on my screen so i can see when the cc is about to wear off and it keeps my pet from breaking CC's from not just me, but others in the group if i happen to get hit with an aoe before a cc is placed on the target...

To set a focus, click on the target, right click and set focus (i believe selecting the target and typing /focus works as well)

CC macros

/cast [target=focus] Fear
    and
    /cast [target=focus] Banish

Pet attack macro with opener on main target (make sure you are targeting the main target and not your focus when you use this macro)...
    /cast Curse of Elements
    /cast Firebolt

i tied corruption to firebolt, because it's an instant cast and does damage while i check back to make sure my focus target is properly secured... not sure if you will be using COE with trash mobs, so just tie it to whatever spell you open with (i didn't use immolate because it's not instant and delays your imp from starting to dps, try to use an instant cast spell to get your imp dpsing as soon as possible... as it is, you are losing dps because you are cc'ing)

another decent macro to add, but you really shouldn't have to, but god knows there is alot of mouth breathing melee out there who can't interrupt... it requires you to have out your felhunter...

/cast [target=focus] Spell lock