Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Look.. We've been threatened by a banned guy saying he was going to sue us for banning him.. people say stupid things. Of course something you DONT do.. is threaten people who can and will have the police at your house.

It wouldn't surprise me if Blizz gets alot of hate mail and things like that. Their is alot of people who take this game too seriously.

I remember a story about a guy who paged a GM about something and since the GM refused or could not to what he asked he said he was going to kill himself. About 10~20 mins after the police showed up at the guy's door.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya1232 View Post
    People are actually stupid enough to go to a website that they dont know posted on an MMO by someone they dont know?
    Never really thought there were people like that anymore....if so...honestly you deserver what happens to your computer, account and such =\
    So, someone who isn't as knowledgeable about such things as you or I, deserves to be harmed in some way?
    What are you, a sociopath?

I'll wager you aren't a biologist. Does that mean you deserve to be infected with anthrax, because you're not intimately familiar with it? Because that's what you're saying.

Don't be so naive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate Eminem (and rap in general) but I thought of this when I seen this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbsERBY9xhY (NSFW or kids)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kudos to Bliz for having a zero tolerance for that sort of thing. People lose touch with reality, make jusitications in their head, get some tunnel vision (or are psychotic to begin with)...you never know what can happen. It is better to never find out what leniency will get you with these sorts of things.

Around 11M people play the game. Even if you took a random sampling of 11M people you are going to get those who are 'on the fringe' or unbalanced and I would dare to say that WoW might attract more of the 'fringe' than, say, knitting clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ya1232 View Post
    No I doubt its to the Dev's. Just the other week had a person in guild say that he was going to kill his mother for making him go to bed. His brother, being in the same guild reported him and said later that this wasnt just a joke that he has tried thing in the past. We have yet to see him online since then.
    wait, so he reported his brother to a GM for saying that he was gonna kill his mother? that makes no sense at all.

RE "As far as I know and friends of mine I have just asked, and 2 of them work with this kinda of stuff. There is no way for them to get your IP address unless they have hacked Blizzard and were sitting in the logs...and that is HIGHLY unlikely. What happend is they prolly gave you the default router address and you have seen that got it mixed up. People in trade alone can not get your IP address "

oh yes they can........a rule of thumb on net is "anything coming into ur comp has a address and can be read ,as has anything u send out got the same

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTKF View Post
    Yes, they actually do, so the nerd raging kids who make death threats are screwed, probably mommy will take out their WoW, or they'll have to leave their basement (Seriously, what kind of tard makes death threats? Whenever I see it I can't believe people can be so stupid)
    Do these kids that end up getting their WOW taken away go into a half-naked nerdrage in their bedrooms and try to shove their remote controls up their rectums while their boxers are still on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Sad that the blues even had to make a reminder about this.

im like 99% sure blizz has a few people that read all tickets as soon as you make em and figure out where they sit on the importance scale. like the threat that the guy on page 1 got, you get a responce asap, if its like "i didnt get my copy of draconic for dummies off ragnaros" prepare to wait a few days.

id like to add that when i feel the need to threaten people i like to go with something along the lines of "im gonna sneak into your house late and night, rearrange ALL the furniture in your house, so when you wake up your VERY CONFUSED! Good day sir"
    Last edited by Xaladan; 2011-02-04 at 05:32 AM. Reason: 2nd part
    Worgen Druids
    Now we Have Shapeshift in our Shapeshift, so we can Shapeshift while we Shapeshift.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Sad that the blues even had to make a reminder about this.
    If it's gotten to the point where it's "Heroics/Endgame is too hard. Nerf now or I will kill you/myself," or "I'm going to kill the devs for nerfing druids so hard," then the current state of the vocal portion of the WOW community is even sadder. We've bore witness that online dickwaddery has crossed a terrible new threshold. :/
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    Diablo 3 Profile

Deleted
    I've had a sort of Death Threat ingame. Well, more of a "really annoyed person" than a proper death threat.

Back in ToC25 pug, the raid leader ninja'd the Caster DPS trinket from Anub. After print screening and linking in chat, he never got into any other pugs/guilds, and his current guild kicked him out. He then continued to /w me saying he was gunna find me and kill me. I reported him to Blizz, and haven't seen him since. ^_^ However, I highly doubt he was going to pull off the threat, he just seemed really annoyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    w/e ppl have been threatened and killed over much smaller things nothing new or shocking

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskster View Post
    Do these kids that end up getting their WOW taken away go into a half-naked nerdrage in their bedrooms and try to shove their remote controls up their rectums while their boxers are still on?
    They obviously do, and their brother ends up filming them and becomes e-famous. Lol :P

Very upset casual threatens dev because he no longer has a conveyor belt feeding him epics, news at 11.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senaelanna View Post
    Very upset casual threatens dev because he no longer has a conveyor belt feeding him epics, news at 11.
    Proper recourse obviously would've been to contact High Shaman A'l Sharptalon, organize the Million Alt March, and protest the repeal of welfare epics en-masse.

Diablo 3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogetaex View Post
    You assume that the entire human race has a good head on their shoulders.
    huh... that's a good way of looking at it...

10+ Year Old Account
    People are just so fricken insane about video games...

Dont be worried about such things unless after such a threat they wsp you your real name, address, phone #'s, email addresses, SSN and CC #'s. But even then as fast as the cops would show up at that persons house i doubt they would be there. They'd be piggybacking off a public router masking their IP.

Most people are just ranting but you never can tell. Anyway most people rant so they dont actually do something so stupid. Its self therapy.