Thread: Warrior macro

Warrior macro

What I'm trying to do, is to make a macro that cast Revenge or Victory Rush based on if they are available. Is that possible and if yes, how?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falsa View Post
    What I'm trying to do, is to make a macro that cast Revenge or Victory Rush based on if they are available. Is that possible and if yes, how?
    Bit confused, because you can only use those two off a proc. So a macro to use it would be like pressing ur button when you see the proc light up?

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think he means he wants a macro that automatically casts it as it becomes available, which is not possible.
    Boubouille
    Not in Australia, and I like Australia. If you don't, you're a racist.

I'm not interested in an automatic function.. Just want them on the same keybind when they proc, so I can save some valuable space. One keypress for both attacks with Revenge as the most important one.

Sorry not possible. Both on GCD and Revenge has a cooldown of its own. I have Revenge on '3' and Victory Rush on 'mousebutton 5'.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

I know they both have a GCD, but I don't want them cast simultaneously. Just whichever becomes active after a proc. But i guess I have to use a modifier to make it work or will the CD on Revenge make that impossible as well?

Macros do not have a way to determine if a proc is available to you, period.

Deleted
    Priority macro:

#showtooltip Revenge
    /cast Revenge
    /cast Victory Rush

Will only show when Revenge is ready, but the amount of VR you have available as tank is quite limited.
    If you're talented into "Impending Victory" you will want to switch the positions so that VR will go off first.
    Then again I highly recommend you to not bind VR with anything because its a survival ability and really REALLY low on the priority list when it comes to threat generation.

To save space I recommend to combine Shield Slam and Devastate with Shield Slam being the priority. That way you will a) gain more threat and b) see the Sword and Board procs (and actually use them)

#showtooltip Shieldslam
    /cast Shieldslam
    /cast Devastate

Also, it is not wise EVER to combine an AE ability (Revenge does cleave) with a singletarget ability because at times you are not to open up a CC or generate threat on a specific target, ie something that needs to be kited or it goes boom (or mindlessly cleave a mob with a "hit me and you die" buff).

EDIT:
    If you still want to have one button for both you can indeed use modifiers that also switch the tooltip to see if they are available. Though the VR buff should be enough hint.
    I havent done a macro like this in some time and it might be bugged if you copy it:

#Showtooltip [nomod]Revenge,[modifier:shift]Victory Rush
    /cast [nomod]Revenge,[modifier:shift]Victory Rush

(I forget the syntax all the time. feel free to experiment and read up on the syntax of macros yourself)
    Last edited by mmocdbbb194638; 2011-02-04 at 09:13 AM.

Not sure where Akuaku pulled those macros from but they won't work how he/she suggests they will.

You're stuck with modifiers... or spamming a /castrandom macro

Deleted
    Use your shift and ctrl modifiers and you won't run out of hotkeys.

You can also use 7-9 for things such as VR, ain't ideal but unless you are slow fingered it won't cause any massive issues.

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Sorry not possible. Both on GCD and Revenge has a cooldown of its own. I have Revenge on '3' and Victory Rush on 'mousebutton 5'.
    You're scary, I have revenge on 3 and VR on mouse5 as well. *checks bookcase for cameras*

---------- Post added 2011-02-04 at 10:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post
    #Showtooltip [nomod]Revenge,[modifier:shift]Victory Rush
    /cast [nomod]Revenge,[modifier:shift]Victory Rush
    short version:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] Victory Rush; Revenge

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge40 View Post
    Not sure where Akuaku pulled those macros from but they won't work how he/she suggests they will.

You're stuck with modifiers... or spamming a /castrandom macro
    And since when do they not work? Did that change with Cataclysm? Because I have used such macros before that. Now I have a Naga and enough finger-agility to reach every bind.
    If an ability is not available due to not being proced or being on CD the next ability will get used in that macro. Did they take that out?
    You can have up to 3 abilities like this in one macro if Im not mistaking. After that it stops with the priority macro.

Where is the bluepost about the change of priority macros?

Afakaz: You just ruined my dream..lol

Guess I just have to live with more keys to press and watch..

Kezool: That is where VR is hiding atm and guess it will stay there..

Thanks for the replies though.

And since when do they not work? Did that change with Cataclysm? Because I have used such macros before that. Now I have a Naga and enough finger-agility to reach every bind.
    If an ability is not available due to not being proced or being on CD the next ability will get used in that macro. Did they take that out?
    You can have up to 3 abilities like this in one macro if Im not mistaking. After that it stops with the priority macro.

Where is the bluepost about the change of priority macros?
    'Priority' macros have never worked for as long as I remember. Maybe they did at some point but not for a long time.

Multiple spells in a macro can only be used if they are not on the GCD. You can use as many abilities that have no GCD as you want, but only one which has a GCD.

For example you could macro Last Stand in to Devastate. If Last Stand was available it would use it AND cast Devastate. If Last Stand wasn't available it would cast Devastate anyway.
    Maybe this is more what you were thinking of?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge40 View Post
    'Priority' macros have never worked for as long as I remember. Maybe they did at some point but not for a long time.

Multiple spells in a macro can only be used if they are not on the GCD. You can use as many abilities that have no GCD as you want, but only one which has a GCD.

For example you could macro Last Stand in to Devastate. If Last Stand was available it would use it AND cast Devastate. If Last Stand wasn't available it would cast Devastate anyway.
    Maybe this is more what you were thinking of?
    Mhmm no Im pretty confident that they actually did work. Ill test it later on when I have the time.
    The way macros are read they go from command to command. There is no interpretation of the commands following or being before that.
    Example:
    /Cast 1 - game checks if the spell is available and will try to execute it. GCD free? CD free? Target OK? Not stunned? Conditional Proc? etc.
    /Cast 2 - game checks if the spell is available after the first command has been executed or skipped.
    Now if cast 1 was on CD then the second line gets executed because the GCD is free and there is no CD on the ability.

I really wonder if that doesnt work anymore O.o

Different approach then:
    /castsequence Revenge,Victory Rush
    As far as Im concerned castsequence skips skills that are not available at the moment and execute the next one in line. This might not be true though, the last time Ive used castsequence was for enh shaman. /castsequence reset=15 flameshock,earthshock,earthshock
    this one would shock with flame everytime it was about to expire and otherwise would earthshock. from the CD given on shocks this was twice. Wouldnt work in pvp due to disspelling. also switching targets was an ass.
    maybe if you castsequence revenge and victory rush with the duration of the revenge CD as reset value?
    /castsequence reset=5 revenge,victory rush
    Last edited by mmocdbbb194638; 2011-02-04 at 10:34 AM.

Mhmm no Im pretty confident that they actually did work. Ill test it later on when I have the time.
    The way macros are read they go from command to command. There is no interpretation of the commands following or being before that.
    Example:
    /Cast 1 - game checks if the spell is available and will try to execute it. GCD free? CD free? Target OK? Not stunned? Conditional Proc? etc.
    /Cast 2 - game checks if the spell is available after the first command has been executed or skipped.
    Now if cast 1 was on CD then the second line gets executed because the GCD is free and there is no CD on the ability.

I really wonder if that doesnt work anymore O.o
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Making_a_macro
    In general, you cannot cast more than one spell with a single click of a macro. Most spells and some items trigger the global cooldown (GCD) which keeps you from taking too many actions at once. Even if a spell fails to cast, if it would trigger the GCD, it prevents subsequent /casts in the macro from running. This was not the case prior to patch 2.0 which is why you may still come across macros like the following:
    /cast Overpower
    /cast Execute
    /cast Mortal Strike
    /cast Sunder Armor
    This behavior you expect worked pre-2.0

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaltione View Post
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Making_a_macro

This behavior you expect worked pre-2.0
    Dang is it really that long I play? Oh yes it is

Different approach then:
    /castsequence Revenge,Victory Rush
    As far as Im concerned castsequence skips skills that are not available at the moment and execute the next one in line. This might not be true though, the last time Ive used castsequence was for enh shaman. /castsequence reset=15 flameshock,earthshock,earthshock
    this one would shock with flame everytime it was about to expire and otherwise would earthshock. from the CD given on shocks this was twice. Wouldnt work in pvp due to disspelling. also switching targets was an ass.
    maybe if you castsequence revenge and victory rush with the duration of the revenge CD as reset value?
    /castsequence reset=5 revenge,victory rush
    Cast sequence will not skip Revenge if it is not available, it will not allow the use of Victory Rush until Revenge is successfully cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, it is not possible. Macros cannot check if a spell/ability is available, on CD, buff activation etc.
    Making your GIF Avatar to 20kb is hard. Especially when the original is 504kb

The below macro will not check for status (if they are up or not) but at least you will have both on one button.
    Code:
    /cast [mod:shift,@target,harm]Victory Rush;[@target,harm]Revenge