Poll: Worst primary proffesion?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Again with the greedy enchanters thing trying to keep all mats for themselves. From questing and dailies alone there are PLENTY of greens/blues for you to de for yourself. But killing bosses in 5 mans is a group effort and without the auto system leads to more disenchanters stealing from the other group mates (dropping at the end and keeping all the blues to shard for themselves)

Also you do get something unique from Enchanting that is only for you, ring enchants. A nice little bonus that only you get.
    Wait what?! DAILIES give greens and blues as rewards now? So every day anyone can just get a new green or blue item? last I checked Dailies only give rep and gold maybe a token of some sort. And if you knew anything about levelling enchanting you'd know all those questing greens and blues are finite and tend to go on.. wait for it levelling enchanting! Which turns them into a bunch of enchanting scrolls lazy swines who didn't even level the profession for won't pay a tenth of the mat value for. Financially i'd have been far better off selling every green or blue from levelling quests at the vendor.

Oh to be an alchemist and sell each flask for about 300G.

As for the bonus 'only enchanters get' its the equivalent to the bonus any other profession can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Senaelanna View Post
    They're all terrible. Remember when professions had reasons to take them outside of stat x is boosted by y amount?
    Pretty much this. Professions as a whole are nothing more than either a min/maxing perk, or money making machines (see: gathering professions). Aside from the passive bonuses you get, professions really are ridiculously boring and generic. The whole concept of primary professions really should get a complete overhaul.

Deleted
    I think enchanting is the worst simply from the lack of mats and that you would have to do all the low level quests to get greens and things while nearly every other proffesion can just stand at the AH and go 1-525 easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    its argueably the best proc cape chant in the game i think..
    Like he said, for healers it is quite bad. DPS would surely want it but healers are better off with the 50 int enchant.

On topic, Enchanting is obviously the worst profession to level. The mats are incredibly scarce and are often subject to price-gouging. There's also of course the inevitable dusts and essences that simply aren't on the AH, forcing you to either wait or go to an appropriate level dungeon simply to grind for random drop greens, then DE them and hope they give what you want (and of course you'll get "lucky" and get the blue shards, which are utterly worthless). Finally, to top it all of, there's no "create all" button. You have to click three times for EVERY SINGLE LEVEL. Yep.

I voted for Inscription. The shoulder enchants suck.
    Last edited by Hottie4Hire; 2011-02-05 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    its argueably the best proc cape chant in the game i think..
    For healers it only gives spellpower. And a little crit. But no mana. Comparing to other professions bonuses it is much weaker
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Blacksmithing, because bonuses are the same, and the leveling is the most hideous and expensive.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

this is ridicilous! there is no bad main profession its about their combination on a single char, and what the hell with people thinking that inscription is useless? It is same as any crafting profession, like tailoring, blacksmithing, leatherworking. you just gotta turn on brain a little bit ^_^

Thank GOD for Alchy and Herbing.

Because making my own flasks has saved me an arm and a leg

in all honesty, im an alchemist, and i must say, 2x long flasks are nice so it saves a bit of money, but it gives me no buff, every profession somehow betters your character, alch gives a flask that doesn't stack with real flasks, so yay buffed when im not in a situation like raiding, that matters.

EDIT: also want to say i enjoy alch so im not gonna drop it, it just is probably a bad choice when looking to better you character.

Quote Originally Posted by movis View Post
    in all honesty, im an alchemist, and i must say, 2x long flasks are nice so it saves a bit of money, but it gives me no buff, every profession somehow betters your character, alch gives a flask that doesn't stack with real flasks, so yay buffed when im not in a situation like raiding, that matters.

EDIT: also want to say i enjoy alch so im not gonna drop it, it just is probably a bad choice when looking to better you character.

Uhm, can't you use this flask outside raids? http://www.wowhead.com/spell=80724

And in raids you have mixology which incerases not only duration but also effect of normal flasks. So I cannot see what are you talking about. You get as big bonus as most professions
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Enchanting. It's impossible to make money with it.
    lol? Enchanting Scrolls?
    30Int/Weapon
    22Int/Weapon
    15Agi/Weapon
    25Agi/2H
    100HP/Chest

There is so much misinformation in this thread. People thinking Engi only gives helment (Synapse Springs/Rocket Boots/Absorb Shield/Tazer), Inscription being useless (Gives the same stat bonus as everything else AS WELL as preventing you from having to do rep grind altogether), Alchemy not giving anything but more duration (It gives bonus effects to existing flasks as well)...

Fact is pretty much all gathering professions give -some- benefit and in most cases it is even, or as even as it can be. Exceptions would be Engineering for Synapse Springs (getting sexier on Tuesday), Tailoring for back enchant FOR DPS.

Then comes BS and JC for the flexibility of what stats they get. BUT BS, Inscription, LW, Enchanting all give practically the same ilvl in stats.

Then comes the gathering profs which give you a weaker secondary stat, Stam-Mining, Crit-Skinning.. with Herbalism being the exception with a weak heal and a 480haste buff (on the trinket soft cooldown)

Eng + Tailoring for min maxers. The rest is a wash.
    I have a terrible gaming youtube channel • https://www.youtube.com/fevirgaming

Leatherworking/Tailoring

I think inscription. It's a pain to level and the shoulder enchants it gives aren't that great of an incentive.

Sig and Avi by Isilrien <3 Priest~Hunter~Druid~Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    I've made money with enchanting via scrolls, not real fond of the stand in trade method. I do however agree that it's annoying as heck to level.

My other annoying one is leatherworking, esp in Cata. It's very easy to gather mines, flowers but to go and farm mobs for skins. WTB the return of skinable nagas.
    scrolls dont seems to sell very good for me, most people buy mats and sit in trade for a enchanter to service them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    For healers it only gives spellpower. And a little crit. But no mana. Comparing to other professions bonuses it is much weaker
    the int proc on cape IS the best cloak enchant for certain healers so be abit more informed . It adds spellpower, crit, regen and yes it does add mana - since int = mana add to the fact that all the regen things that healers got atm are based off the mana pool and it adds to the efficiency of those abilities as well.

Tailoring is the worst to level, simply because you can't farm cloth as fast and easy as herbs/ores. Leatherworking is probably a nice 2nd.

And on terms of usefulness it's depending a lot on your class and other factors.

10+ Year Old Account
    atm I would say enchanting. Seems to be the biggest money sink for me. i've leveled it twice, and haven't made really anything off it. because most the time the enchant cost more to make. Both my enchanters are alts so I don't really raid with them to get access to the epic crystals. Would have said eng. but eng is wayy to fun and worth all the effort and gold i put into it

Making money with any of the professions now is really difficult :P farmers getting all the love now :P

Making tailoring to the 525 just pain on the butt, after skill 350 exacly. Needed much Frosweave Cloth and Embersilk Cloth which can be purchased from AH with outlandish prices. If you wanna farm em all, I wish you a good month for farming them :P Well, Enchanting is easy than tailoring, most easy one is Alchemy, with Alchemy materials farm totally take my 3 hours to the 525 (excep gem transmute materials :S)