Poll: Worst primary proffesion?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Noneof them are really bad, but Eng is the least useful.
    s5-2.4k s6-2.2k s7-2k s8-2.1k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yybvdzSgUQ4 Haters man...

enchanting not usefull ? lol
    every piece of gear need an enchant , the satisfaction value is very far the most important thing in the game
    Same things goes with Inscribe , plus learn how to craft Darkmoon cards , you can make a shitload of money

I just cant see how a engineer or a LW is usefull to this game.
    I know ,they can learn some patern at one point in the game that are very usefull at the begening of new xpac or new patch
    but can be replace with a Heroic dunjon drop very fast

at least a tailor can make some usefull bag's :lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNemesis View Post
    Oh to be an alchemist and sell each flask for about 300G.
    After spending 300-350 gold on AH to buy the mats for that flask. Blame the herbalist for the flask prices not the alchemist. There no way to make a profit on flasks without being an elixir master and being lucky with procs.
    But you can pick those herbs yourself!!!111!!!ONE, sure if i would take herbalism. But why have alchemy then? 99% of the profit then comes from the herbalism not the alchemy.

Untill blizzard starts making the professions make items that are useful past heroic all the professions are pretty much a waste of time. I would LOVE to see that you can make some truly worthwhile gear and epics that will last for a while but Blizzard for some reason doesnt understand or want it to be nothing but a way to use gold.

IMO easiest way to do this? make Raids and other Higher teir Instances drop special " Parts" or "mats" that can be ued to make something worth while. I wouldn't even mind if there was a long quest chain just to get the recipe. But leaving professions like they are? Blacksmiths get a few sockets..... Engineering gets what a Saftey catch removal kit for ranged weapons and other trinkets/dodads... I kinda missed when blacksmithing has master Armorer and master weaponsmithing. there were weapons people sought out when that system came out even though it was flawed as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Engineering, nothing worse than getting killed( and half your raid) by rng because your special tools decided to backfire at you.

Any profession I have is the most terrible!

No, but seriously I have to say my least favorite profession has to be engineering. This isn't my bias just because I have it on my main. I also have jewelcrafting and think it is quite handy. Besides, between alts I have every profession in the game with the exception of skinning and none are worse than engineering imo. My favorite has to be alchemy: by far THE best moneymaker and the epic trinkets are to die for. Flasks are a huge seller, alchemy cooldowns are nice money very fast and you get vial of the sand pattern Ka-ching!

Deleted
    People bashing inscription obviously haven't seen the obscene profits you can make on glyphs and darkmoon cards (pro-tip: complete the decks and save the trinkets for half way through the darkmoon faire cd as supply will have dwindled then). I've completely twinked out my 2 lvl 85 toons with boe 359 epics all paid for by inscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Graki View Post
    Enchanting is the longest and most annoying prof iv'e ever attempted to level.
    Idk about longest or most annoying, but enchanting in no way has anything cool or fun. Yay for ring enchants? Do I look that excited? I'm not.

I can't speak for every profession post-Cata as they all under went major changes. Inscription has to be the easiest profession to level, ever. I hated engineering because of the range of mats you need leveling it. Skins? Ores? Cloth too? Surprised it doesn't require herbs. However, it was really easy to level from 300-450.

Right now (pre 4.0.6)- Leatherworking is the most annoying after 500. What a pain in the ass! Also, Blacksmithing isn't all that difficult but the required Volatile Earth to level to ~510 is redonkulous. The good news however is that you can make your epics for 5 points after 510. Wish the same was said for LW.

Anyway, TL;DR - Leatherworking/Skinning is a nightmare. Fix it. Also make Enchanting "fun."

Deleted
    The most boring? Enchanting. Least profit if any at all? Engineering. Hardest to level? Leatherworking (I farm my own mats for everything, skins are harder to farm now compared to ores and herbs).

Deleted
    I'm with you on the enchanting is boring. I would go as far as saying utterly tedious. If you want to powerlevel any other crafting profession you can queue it all up with something like KTQ. But with enchanting, oh no. You have to enchant every single piece of gear manually and typically have to click ok when it asks you to overwrite the previous enchant. I swear leveling enchanting is probably a cause of RSI.

Deleted
    Inscription, the only useful shit is the shoulder enchant
    the fkn darkmoon cards takes year to farm

who votes alchemy

its by far the most profitable thing ive done in wow

i have one druid wich i only use to farm, he is Herbalist / miner
    i have my shaman wich is a alchemist and a pala that is a jewlcrafter.

it all just workes so well together

but my main is a tailor and a engineer, mostly for fun, but the tailoring cloak enchants are just awsome.
    Last edited by Certin; 2011-02-08 at 02:35 PM.

JC, its rad money, but having to do dailies forever to get patterns is frustrating as hell

the ONLY prof where you cant trade mats for patterns >_<

Am not happy that if i want to get anything off my enchanter i need to go farm the mats myself....normally not an issue but its still nice to be able to stop into the AH and just get the mats quick

Seriously the mats themselves cost about 500% more then what people sell the enchants for on my realm...i have no clue what people are smoking but i would really like to try it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbadxampl View Post
    from 510 to 525 in alch is all at-loss blue gem transmutes =/

edit: not to mention that you NEED to also have archaeology maxed if you want to make your own vial
    Rofl the only profession easier to level than Alchemy is first aid. I dislike spending ages levelling up proffs so have Alchemy on both of my level 85 characters. It only costs a couple of 1000 to buy the gems whereas a lot of professions can hit that point after 300 skill.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Enchanting. It's impossible to make money with it.
    Then you obviously haven't tried.

Engineering in WotLK = Awesome
    Engineering in Cata = WHY GOD YOU HATE ME

The absolute worst prof is enchanting. At least now it is. If you think "at least I get my own enchants cheap", think again, most enchants are cheaper on the AH than the value of their mats, so you are better of to just buy the enchant off the AH and sell the mats. That is also the reason it is hard to make gold with enchanting, you have to spend a lot of time or use addons to find out which enchants are still profitable to sell on the AH. With the risk that the price will go down once you put them up for auction. It is not impossible to make gold with it, I have made some myself but that is not the mayor reason enchanting is broken.
    Blizzard proved that they didn't give enchanting a second thought in this expantion by releasing a recipe 'enchant weapon hurricane' which is bought from the trainer at 480 while you need an elementium rod that is BOP and only available at 515. Also the availability of Maelstrom crystals is a major f*** up by blizzard. There is just no way there is ever going to be enough maelstrom crystals for the top-end enchants to be even remotely available. If you read this and other forums there is always a smart ass saying 'if you don't raid you don't need top-end enchants'. Well ask yourself do you raid, or do you know anyone that raids? Well, if you do you will see that they hardly ever have high end enchants, while we are more than two months in the expantion. Hell, not even the top guilds have enough crystals for top enchants. think about it:

A ten man raiding team needs on everage 53 maelstrom crystals to all enchant their weapons with the top enchants (tanks need 6 casters need 4, melee needs 5, and 3 for the recipe). that is 53 epic drops that are going to be DE's. Now lets say that 1 in every 3 drops will be DE'd and the team downs 30 bosses per week. that will be over 5 weeks before they have just enough to enchant their own weapons. Now this would be a top guild that would down 30 bosses per week, mind you. After they enchanted their weapons they want to enchant their other gear, chest bracers etc. Next they will be enchanting their offspec. Well it will take ages before they finish let alone put their access crystals on the auction house.

So people that say you will be swimming in crystals later in the expantion (like a blue post I saw in addition to this problem), i would like to say: do the math and figure out how many DE's are needed than you will come to a different conclusion. Mealstrom crystals will be so rare that top end enchants will only be available to Paragon and guilds like that. If that is the unavoidable conclusion, make the recipe's drop in raids! there is absolutely no use for them now in the game for regular player (if you are raiding or not).