Thread: Unholy vs frost

Deleted

Unholy vs frost

Hello folks, i am not a dk and i am asking this because the patch will soon hit the live servers and in our 10m setup we have a sv hunter and a unholy dk. And as some of u might now MM will now be the leading dps specc for hunters and if our hunter goes mm we will loose the 10% increaed melee/ranged attack speed, so i am simply wondering how much dps diffrent there is between a unholy dk and frost? Because if our dk goes frost we wont loose the buff.
    Thanks in advance.

It's not that big of a difference, and assuming he can play unholy efficiently frost will be no problem.

But raidwise I think it will be a dps increase but do take your DK's preference into consideration.

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

likely unholy will remain first damage wise.
    over all the nerfs are rather tame and we also have a mastery worth more then spit on a fire.
    not mentioning the slight streamlining of our procs.

but yea its rather easy to switch between the two if you have familiarity with them.

Depends on which will be more beneficial for your raid set up. Do you need the extra attack speed that Improved Icy Talons brings to the table, or is the the magic and disease damage bonus from Unholy going to be more powerful?
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

If the only thing you have to gain from either spec is the 10% attack speed buff there is a -very- good chance that the increased damage from Unholy over Frost is worth MORE than the potential raid DPS increase. Unless you are running a very heavy melee group, or your tanks are stuck for agro atm.
    I have a terrible gaming youtube channel • https://www.youtube.com/fevirgaming

Frost dps is soo random atm and based on a cleave range, its designed very stupid imo and they should work more on it.

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodrim View Post
    Frost dps is soo random atm and based on a cleave range, its designed very stupid imo and they should work more on it.
    Not sure what "cleave range" is supposed to mean but the damage is fine. It was meant to be the way it is it's just lower in comparison because uh is so high. It will be slightly adjusted after the patch though DW frost is a little on the low end
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar Killer View Post
    Not sure what "cleave range" is supposed to mean but the damage is fine. It was meant to be the way it is it's just lower in comparison because uh is so high. It will be slightly adjusted after the patch though DW frost is a little on the low end
    I assume he means the range he can spread diseases and howling blast? Not sure but it's higher than most classes anyway.

The DPS diffrence on frost vs unholy is approximatly 2% at the moment. However with 4.0.6 next week i expect that to be closed slightly with unholy doing WAY more aoe dps with death and decay being effected by mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeZed View Post
    I assume he means the range he can spread diseases and howling blast? Not sure but it's higher than most classes anyway.

The DPS diffrence on frost vs unholy is approximatly 2% at the moment. However with 4.0.6 next week i expect that to be closed slightly with unholy doing WAY more aoe dps with death and decay being effected by mastery.

o_O Bit more than that.

Frost is behind Unholy by like 3-4k dps according to WoL. I'm assuming people aren't using 2h Frost right now, which would skew the numbers, but even then I wouldn't think they were too far off.

Even on stuff like Maloriak or Magmaw, the Frost lead isn't anywhere near where you'd think it would be with our AE dmg, and it CERTAINLY won't be a lead after next week.

Grab your 2h weapon and snuggle up to your ghoul if you want to do competitive DPS as a dk :P

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    o_O Bit more than that.

Frost is behind Unholy by like 3-4k dps according to WoL. I'm assuming people aren't using 2h Frost right now, which would skew the numbers, but even then I wouldn't think they were too far off.

Even on stuff like Maloriak or Magmaw, the Frost lead isn't anywhere near where you'd think it would be with our AE dmg, and it CERTAINLY won't be a lead after next week.

Grab your 2h weapon and snuggle up to your ghoul if you want to do competitive DPS as a dk :P
    I might of misread something, maybe it was 2% for 2h vs DW unholy. Either way yeah, frost isn't as good as unholy at the moment anyway

DW frost is superior to 2H frost atm. A 10% melee haste buff is barely worth anything at all in a 10man. Core buffs are important. Haste is nice to have but atm the unholy dmg above frost is not worth taking the haste buff. If it was 25man, then sure...haste buff is very necessary.
    I cant confirm this with personal tests, but i read on EJ that DW unholy is superior to 2h unholy