Thread: Wild Mushrooms

Wild Mushrooms

I really like the idea behind the wild mushroom spell, but it doesn't seem to be used that much, and really the only spec that can use them is boomkin. I play resto/feral(tank) and I mostly just plant mushrooms around my friends and detonate them when I want a good laugh. I have a couple ideas that might make them more fun and more usable to other specs.

For resto why not add a talent in our tree so when the mushrooms are detonated they heal? Would this be cool? I think so.

For feral just make it so you can detonate while in bear/cat form. If you know where adds are going to spawn you can pop a couple mushrooms down in that area and detonate them when they spawn. I thought I heard a panelist at blizzcon say that this would be a function of the spell. I occasionally use my mushrooms for pulling trash but can never use it in the middle of a boss fight.

I know that blizzard wanted this to be a cool spell that was viable to the class. What do you guys think? Would you like these changes? Do you have any other ideas on what the mushrooms could be used for? Thanks for reading. I look forward to the responses!

-Wingding-

Quote Originally Posted by Wingding View Post
    I mostly just plant mushrooms around my friends and detonate them when I want a good laugh.
    You need a new hobby!

Pretty sure at blizzcon the original design was they would be triggered by movement - like hunter traps.

There getting buffed next patch and their already really strong for aoe damage, the healing change would never happen because then druids would end up spamming them, then you get the issue of fire, etc, landing in the raid group when you've just finished using 3 GCDs to plant them so they are wasted. They dont 'suit' ferals imo either.

After patch it'll be used more often.
    s5-2.4k s6-2.2k s7-2k s8-2.1k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yybvdzSgUQ4 Haters man...

Speaking as a resto here. The only time i use them is to plant them around PvP flags for an easy interupt. I can keep healing people that way.
    I'd love for them to provide some benifit for resto's. Maybe not for direct healing. I'd prefer something like:

After your mushrooms detonate, they cover the area in spores increasing healing done to allies who are in the area by 3% per mushroom.

or provide some other small buff/healing increase.
    Last edited by hammock; 2011-02-05 at 11:45 PM.