Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sagan-man View Post
    They seem to fail a lot more often in raids and BG's than anywhere else, it's stupid
    Its by design. They aren't meant to be a reliable raid bonus anymore. People need to get this through their heads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    Its by design. They aren't meant to be a reliable raid bonus anymore. People need to get this through their heads.
    Exactly, its an "Oops, I fucked up but maybe I can get out of it" button. Its nice when it works but its better to avoid needing it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Oppose View Post
    Engineering is awesome, if you don't like it unlearn it and go with something else.

Engineering has never been a profession you can earn a ton of cash from, but it makes your daily bg and world PvP a lot more fun. And it can also improve on your raiding preformance as well (:
    Not true. Wrath allowed engineers to make some extra cash and had some decent perks, in fact it was the best, in BC the goggles could be used through all content due to sunwell upgrades and outclasses two tier tokens above it. Vanilla it sucked, but harder then it does now aside from MC patterns for hunters.

Engineer is balenced around the glove enchant, it's crappy but true. Not really much we can do about it. I just keep it around because I've had it from vanilla and I don't want to unlearn it again (like I did at the start of wrath to grab herbs early on)

"Its by design. They aren't meant to be a reliable raid bonus anymore. People need to get this through their heads."

No.. The belts arent made to give an advantage at all because they try to balance the glove enchant to be equivalent to other professions bonus'.
    The belts are simply left over from when it was good.. They didnt want to remove everything so they keep the belts even though they balanced around gloves.
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2011-02-05 at 08:06 PM.

The glove tinkers can never malfunction and as of next patch provide the exact same stat boost for everyone as every other profession. Everything else is a bonus, and I quite like being able to create a Mailbox or Portals or throw up Jeeves in a raid. Even the Loot-a-rang has gotten used in raids, when we had a mob fall through the floor and I threw together a quick mouseover macro to loot it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Corner View Post
    To the above post, Both useless answers. Neither have answered my questions inside my post...

I don't mind not earning cash from it, Blacksmithing covers that and more. So, where can it improve my raiding? Blacksmithing provies three extra sockets and items that I can use to make my PvP and PvE experience better. What did engineering provide? A pair of goggles.
    and a jeeves and a goblin BBQ, and a potential rez , maybe more armor, and if you needed it bombs for inital aggro?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
    Plus maybe the Cata tier of bombs can be used to make an end of tier boss easier to defeat >.>
    I c wut yo did there

To the above post, Both useless answers. Neither have answered my questions inside my post...

I don't mind not earning cash from it, Blacksmithing covers that and more. So, where can it improve my raiding? Blacksmithing provies three extra sockets and items that I can use to make my PvP and PvE experience better. What did engineering provide? A pair of goggles.
    You are aware that the glove enchant stacks with regular enchants now? And the belt enchants are pretty good to an 18k absorb if u know raid dmg is incoming looks pretty great to me, and the cardboard assassin has some good use depending on the situation also the crafted gun that consumes 1 bolt of osidian hit pretty hard aswell and it only puts a 30 sec cd on your gloves

Most stuff seems situational but it's a fun change from just a flat stat increase imo

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    The hand enchants are quite nice, atleast for a caster imo.

Nitro boots only failed me ONCE, and that was in Orgrimmar when I used it for shits and giggles.
    As far as I know it has a really low percentage to fail.

Edit: But after reading some wowhead comments; apparently they increased the failure rate... dunno why it hardly ever fails to me. Guess I'm lucky.
    u have the luckiest rng in history, i've actually had my rocket boots fail 6-7 times in 1 raid night since they up'd the fail rate, 3-4 of those on actual boss fights...it really needs to be fixed, i love engineering tho....i;ve been an engineer on my main since my first day playing wow and have never even thought of changing.

---------- Post added 2011-02-05 at 09:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    Not true. Wrath allowed engineers to make some extra cash and had some decent perks, in fact it was the best, in BC the goggles could be used through all content due to sunwell upgrades and outclasses two tier tokens above it. Vanilla it sucked, but harder then it does now aside from MC patterns for hunters.

Engineer is balenced around the glove enchant, it's crappy but true. Not really much we can do about it. I just keep it around because I've had it from vanilla and I don't want to unlearn it again (like I did at the start of wrath to grab herbs early on)

"Its by design. They aren't meant to be a reliable raid bonus anymore. People need to get this through their heads."

No.. The belts arent made to give an advantage at all because they try to balance the glove enchant to be equivalent to other professions bonus'.
    The belts are simply left over from when it was good.. They didnt want to remove everything so they keep the belts even though they balanced around gloves.
    18k absorbs from the belt is pretty nice on alot of fights where we can do w/e we can to help out the healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if anyone hit on this, but the belt and glove tinkers stack with normal enchants and cannot fail. Engineering has been an awesome profession and has its niches for fun. And I believe it was made so that the nitro boosts can not fail in an instance, so not a big issue there.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account

How so...Yes, the potential of gaining, +208 mastery/parry in another set of gear would be an insane increase...but is it any different then adding +100 stamina into sockets from JC? A gain of 120 stam.
    Even if it only allows 1 cogwheel to be put in a prismatic socket would be a vast improvement to the engineering proffession.
    you fail at engineering, you fail at reading. dont embarass yourself more. log into game, get two volatile water, two volatile air, make one electrified ether out of that air, tinker your gloves with http://www.wowhead.com/spell=82175/synapse-springs and profit. not profiting from intelect? wait until 09/feb and profit. stop being arogant only for reason you cant find obvious, that you can tinker your gloves. and that you can add most needed stats to your epic goggles. thats priceless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    As I said, it's stupid. Why shouldn't you be able to use your professions to their fullest extent in raids as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nitro boosts fail, they can malfunction in 2 ways. 1 sending you sky high basically CCing yourself for ~9s and another that flat out kills you. The parachute is still useful and can't fail! It's the only reason why I keep engineering tbqfh. Frag belt gone sucks, I liked using it in BGs whilst keeping nitro boosts. The shield is utter crap, 20k absorb or you aoe taunt everything and take crit damage basically worse than nitro leaking. Engineering is supposed to be a fun profession not some piece of shit that kills you all the time, its not fun its just frustrating. The tazik shocker is crap 2 min CD that tickles the enemy from 45s rocket hands that could deal enough damage to just finish your target were primarily the reason why I even bothered picking up engineering.

Another cool thing with engineering was the xtreme boots used to explore areas in WoW. But whats the use now? You can just fly everywhere.

Engineering is only decent for money making by selling Kickerback 5k's to huntards. Hell the helm isn't even that amazing and its probably not going to get upgraded, they sure as fuck didn't in Wrath, and Blizzard is prone to repeating mistakes of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Oppose View Post
    Engineering is awesome, if you don't like it unlearn it and go with something else.

Engineering has never been a profession you can earn a ton of cash from, but it makes your daily bg and world PvP a lot more fun. And it can also improve on your raiding preformance as well (:
    Actually I do make quite a bit of gold with engineering. Unfortunately I've spent too much gold and time on rare recipes to drop it for something else. I have every eng schematic in WoW, aside from 2 of the 3 from MC (I farm it every week for them, I'm just not having very good luck).

@ OP: I agree, it's awful. What happened was that everyone was doing engineering for arenas, that's why it was nerfed. Blizzard doesn't care about the effects their arena-based nerfs have on the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    The hand enchants are quite nice, atleast for a caster imo.

Nitro boots only failed me ONCE, and that was in Orgrimmar when I used it for shits and giggles.
    As far as I know it has a really low percentage to fail.

Edit: But after reading some wowhead comments; apparently they increased the failure rate... dunno why it hardly ever fails to me. Guess I'm lucky.
    The caster hand enchant is nice, melee one not so much. In fact my cat gloves have the wolk tinker on them, as there's nothing better for mdps.

The fail rate was greatly increased. Before there was a 1-2% chance (my estimation only) to shoot you straight up in the air. That chance is now at least 5%. Additionally, you can sometimes (1-2%) get a fatal DoT on you. It has killed me numerous times in battlegrounds with 125k hp.
    Last edited by baelon; 2011-02-06 at 04:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said, it's stupid. Why shouldn't you be able to use your professions to their fullest extent in raids as well?
    Its not a raid benefit, and its not meant to be. Its a fun perk that has its uses, but the gloves are your raid benefit. The helm is a raid benefit. Its not meant to be anything other than a possible "oh crap" button in raids. Stupid is whining about something because it doesn't work the way you want it to.

10+ Year Old Account
    The options are to remove belt enchants entirely, remove Synapse Springs entirely, or to have belt enchants fail gloriously so that you can keep them for fun but won't use them in raids/BGs when their benefits can turn the tide.

Because Engineering is balanced with other professions based <i>solely</i> on the Synapse Springs tinker, so giving them a reliable massive speed boost or shield in addition to that would make them significantly better than any other profession.

I'd rather have professions be mostly balanced, rather than have certain ones be the only ones anybody takes.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    ITT We don't read anything about engineering and just decide to power level it.

Realistically though, most of the tooltips say it has a chance to fail. You could always, you know, not make those items.

Quote Originally Posted by luckybeer View Post
    In 4.0.6, synapse springs will grant 480 strength, agility or intellect every 1 min. It equals out to roughly +96 static of the stat you need. This pushes it far and beyond every other profession for DPS classes, assuming you use the cd properly.

If your nitro boosts fail 75% of the time I would HATE to see you in a Stats class because you clearly know nothing about converting to percentages. Nitro does not fail 75% of the time.
    To calculate the total gain, you must subtract the value of other enchants available such as for a plate dps, the gloves have a 50 strength enchant available. 96-50=46 overall which makes the enchant behind many other professions when looking at the enchant alone. When combined with the helm though, engineering does come out on top until heroic raid

Another example with LW and Wrist enchants - 130 strength enchant - 50 strength enchant (world drop) = 80 overall
    Last edited by Bahamutx; 2011-02-06 at 08:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kos1085 View Post
    To calculate the total gain, you must subtract the value of other enchants available such as for a plate dps, the gloves have a 50 strength enchant available. 96-50=46 overall which makes the enchant behind many other professions when looking at the enchant alone. When combined with the helm though, engineering does come out on top until heroic raid

Another example with LW and Wrist enchants - 130 strength enchant - 50 strength enchant (world drop) = 80 overall
    No, you don't. Tinkers stack with enchants, they don't replace them. So an average of 96 is better than most professions, and when you consider that you can use them at optimal times along with other CDs it definitely rises above other profession bonuses.

Deleted
    Engi stuff is like: Oh shit i should pres the belt enchant to absorb dmg ...... nah i better use CD to risky

ps. I love my Goblin engi

People who are talking about the 20k shield on belt, if it fails you get 100% chance to be crit for 10secs. GL