Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarth View Post
    That's the dumbest shit I ever heard. If you notice the goggles have no secondary stats...the point of the cogwheels is so you can customize your goggles stats. Very beneficial, if you know what your doing. Why would you be allowed to put a 200+ stat cogwheel into a bracer socket on top of pre-existing secondary stats. That's retarded...
    While the person you quoted didn't really offer a viable alternative, being insulting isn't necessary. More to the point, being able to apply cogwheel sockets (perhaps by purging the secondary stats and socket from a helm) or upgrading goggles will be necessary in 372 gear since the goggles aren't worth using in their current state compared to hard mode gear. Although, looking at it from another perspective, in 359 gear with the new Synapse Springs, eng is one of the best professions for some specs/classes, so some rebalancing of the profession bonus is needed to make it equal in power through all gear levels.

Quote Originally Posted by pleaserelax View Post
    so some rebalancing of the profession bonus is needed to make it equal in power through all gear levels.
    Because this holds true for other professions, right? Oh, right, they don't. :/
    When you reach hardmode gear the other professions are pitiful as well.

Well sir, if playing as another race/faction for an hour, every 4 hours is fail, then I don't want to be win :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone may have already poasted this but actually you can make a pretty penny with a gathering profession and engineering. The Thing-a-mo-bober that allows you to sometimes get Volatile Airs when you mine, herb, or skin is pretty nice, since thats the hardest to get at the moment except for farming VP or the Transmute:Volitile Life while in Uldum.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the boosts fail for me quite frequently - once even in Frostmourne's room on H LK...talk about being SoL =/

But lately they haven't failed on me - in the last 30 uses (rough estimate) I haven't had them fail on me.

The tinkers are actually better now since you can enchant and tinker the same pieces of gear.

Cogwheels and goggles would be nice to have upgrades in 4.1 and so on. Just so we can keep using them if we want to. Not just until we replace the goggles.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see eng. as a very powerful profession. Hand enchant for every spec (agility, strength, etc in patch). Yes, the boost not working does get annoying at times, but its not used in arena anyway, and in bgs its actually sometimes gives me the surprise on the attacker so i can pew pew them from above.

plus the addition of jeeves, eng. ports to various locations. But i really don't think eng. has ever been the money maker profession. Companions still sell for quite alot though

10+ Year Old Account
    If having a parachute attached to my cloak is fail then I don't want to be win.