Thread: Purge addon?

Purge addon?

Y'hello
    I'm seeking an addon that can help me with purging.

Normally when you fight someone in BG or a like, they have a great amount of dispel able buff, and I'm wondering if there is a easier mode to see which buffs that can be dispelled.

Also. When using purge, is the buff that are dispelled random, or is there any order?

So what I'm thinking that I need:
    A way to see magic buffs in a separate bar
    Something to pop up on my screen when there is a buff that must! be dispelled

I'm thinking of making a power aura for the 2nd one, but I have no idea how to make that :P
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    gladius will show things like bop (well now hand of protection)

bosses buffs r very easy to see

and dispels have no priority or order.. RNG ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    /cast purge.
    I lol'd
    Must be tired ^_^

---------- Post added 2011-02-06 at 02:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ner zhul View Post
    gladius will show things like bop (well now hand of protection)

bosses buffs r very easy to see

and dispels have no priority or order.. RNG ftw
    RNG D:

For bosses: Yeah it's kinda easy to see, but I want it to be easier. Yeah I know, I suck :P

Deleted
    The buffs which are dispelable should be highlighted. If they aren't, then check your settings (think its interface > buffs/debuffs)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    DBM has a dispel alert option most of the time

remedy on maloriak for example

Deleted
    1. Separate dispellable buffs: Satrina Buff Frame can be so configured (separate frame just for dispellables) or DispelBorder highlights dispellable buffs. You can try Raven too.
    2. Purge order: there is no order to what is purged. This is why players sometimes put up lots of useless buffs (Unending Breath etc) to protect themselves from dispel spam. Unless its with Mass Dispel, in which case immunities are always the FIRST ones purged.
    3. Dispellable notification: most general proc monitor addons can do this, especially since you can just input/hardcode all the player dispellable ones. Power Auras, WeakAuras, and countless other addons can do this.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2011-02-06 at 01:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thafisker View Post
    I lol'd
    Must be tired ^_^

---------- Post added 2011-02-06 at 02:33 AM ----------

RNG D:

For bosses: Yeah it's kinda easy to see, but I want it to be easier. Yeah I know, I suck :P
    I don't know any boss that has plenty of buffs that can and can't be dispelled...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by etsumii View Post
    I don't know any boss that has plenty of buffs that can and can't be dispelled...
    I think OP is talking about PvP.

There is often a setting based on your unit frame addon to only show buffs you can personally dispel so I would suggest using that.

Shaman Friend is an addon you are looking for. It will show you everything you want on your screen and in a party chat (if you want your teammates to know what you just purged) Also this addon can show you what spell was cast into your grounding totem. All of those notifications can be sent to a msbt / sct / parrot / prat / blizzard message frame / party and other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitriy View Post
    Shaman Friend is an addon you are looking for. It will show you everything you want on your screen and in a party chat (if you want your teammates to know what you just purged) Also this addon can show you what spell was cast into your grounding totem. All of those notifications can be sent to a msbt / sct / parrot / prat / blizzard message frame / party and other places.
    I'll try that