Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    My GOOOOOOD because it's named a Death Knight does not mean it uses mana.... OUR ( dk and hunter mains ) class is based around RUNES how would the rune master be any different - "a happy death knight" DK's are already "the bad paladin", so rune masters will be "the good - DK -who - is a - evil - paladin " WTF you ppl should learn to think. PERIOD

There are only 2 classes possible that blizz will add - blademaster ( more unlikely ) or a demon hunter ( im not saying I'm 100% sure they will add them ) some thing needs to change so ppl would be interested in the game - like new races / classes so the odds of a new class are really high which ever one of the 2 it would be.

just to cover the bad ideas:

NOTHING with ARCH will be added - arch mage, arch druid arch priest ( arch bishop lol )
    beast master - hunters
    ranger - survival hunters
    monk - not sure bout that, disc priest were supposed to cover that role in vanilla
    thinker - its a god damn profession - unlikely
    runemaster - DK
    necromancer - DK
    bloodmage - what the fuck it's not even a class definition, Kael was a blood ELF Mage, before that he was a High elf Mage, in other words - Mage - fire with sub spec arcane
    dark mage - warlock
    brew master - its a drunk pandaren shaman ( thou i like the idea they can add in the monk as a fist weapon speck something like rogues with daggers meh )
    bard - NO, priests hymns ??? ( plus being a buff bot and getting rewards is EASY and boring and anti creative - most of you do not know what pain in the ass was a paladin rading in Vanilla - oh i got LOADS of 5min buffs, my dmg sucks, i'm not a tank by all means - so i buff 40 ppl and when i don't have to rebuff them cuz of the 5 min duration i can heal )
    anti mage ( for all its worth ) - dk's + that's what demon hunters stand for if they get implemented
    well that covers it

demon hunters , blade masters , or brewmasters ( lol no way that's happening ) those are the only options that are not covered by a class or a spec ( and no Metamorphosis, and mana burn being in game is not the same as Beast Mastery or SURVIVAL hunter ( hunter vs wild ), runes being the center point that the DK class is being developed from, engi - being a profession, or a funkier name )
    Last edited by Clone347; 2011-02-06 at 05:31 AM. Reason: stupid typos

Seems to me that they are a hybrid of Death Knights and Shamans...
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

What does "etch their runes into their body" entail in-game? Personal armour enchants like the Death Knights' runeforging? To which slots? To what gear? To their body per se? The latter would be hell to balance, I'd imagine. "Oh yeah, I get free enchants without having to have gear in the slot." -"Do they stack with normal enchants on your gear?" -"Umm, I dunno..." ... do they? And what's the game-mechanical "point" of these etchings?

Would it be a new resource system? Their own "Holy Power/Soul Shards" in some fashion? What would it power? How would they regain this secondary resource? Would they use mana at all? How would they regain mana? Etc. etc.
    Well, those are things that, as you put, need put into place, but you can't really balance out a "do they stack with other enchants, or to which slots" without first working out what they do. The rune etchings could be done to the 'body' through a buff or presence, though that would kind of diminish the point, it would almost need to be an armor thing for game purposes.

what about stam and int??? , shadow priest have spirit > conversion because most if the healing gear has int stam and spirit, how could a melee class use strength and stam gear to heal on offspec? even with spirirt / hit conversion?
    a valid point I had not considered. I would imagine they would need separate gearing for different specs, should you look at true hybrid. though to do this there would need to be str/agi cloth introduced... unless they bent the lore to make them a leather class, and share with druids. otherwise it would need an int->ap and + % of stam, perhaps as tree bonuses instead of talents, and use priest cloth with a spirit->hit talent/tree bonus to melee heal. If you go with an int->ap conversion, they can just use caster hit gear, I guess.

no no no its a fist weapon, rune using, elementalistic brew waster, and one of his specs is "monk" , hope they implement it to shut all of the "gimmy that class " so they can finally create either a blade master or a demon hunter - cuz lets be honest they are the only original ideas not implemented in the game and can be used with a new resource system

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andergard View Post
    Regarding the class in itself (to get back on topic, I guess), a class based around, umm, fist weapons and runes? So you're saying you want Arcane Shaman, because that's what that essentially boils down to. The niche is arcane/melee, which would be spiffy and all that, but since we already have elemental/melee, it'd feel too much like a rip-off. The Death Knight upon introduction was a whole new resource system, and despite the tri-spec nonsense had failed utterly to balance itself by the time WotLK was over, it was innovative. If you make them tanks+dps, you're making Death Knights in a new armour class with different weapon proficiencies. If you make them healer+dps, you're making them Shaman (and about the healer, see below). If you make them true hybrids (tank+dps+healer), you're making them Paladins, except again, with a different armour class and weapon proficiency set. Oh, and an Arcane theme as opposed to a Holy theme.
    Saying that Runemasters are like Arcane Shaman is like saying Priests are Holy Warlocks. See how silly that sounds? Just because a class shares a similar mechanic doesn't mean that they would be carbon copies of each other. This applies to DKs as well, since Runemeasters are thematically different than DKs in every single sense. The only similarity is that they both use Runes, and according to lore, Runemasters wouldn't even use that resource the same way DKs use it.

As for the shared roles, that's another silly argument. Obviously any new class is going to fill a role (tank, dps, heal) in the game. Are Druids like Paladins because they can do all three roles? Of course not. Just like Warriors aren't like DKs because they have 2 DPS and 1 tanking tree.

What do Runemasters actually bring in the sense of innovation? Melee healing? I'd love to see that, akin to Warhammer Online's Sigmarite Battle Priests, sure. But it might just be too iffy game-tech wise, too hard to balance since melee-orientation means gearing for melee stats (Hit, anyone?) while still going for caster/healer stats... Seems too weird, and they'd be "the new caster plate" class, getting exclusive and sole rights to a completely own set of gear. Awkward, to say the least.
    Cloth melee fighter? Cloth tanks? Unarmed fighters? A new system of magic? Melee healing? There's lots of things they can bring to the table. However, even if they share some similarities to existing classes, that shouldn't disqualify the class from being implemented.

I did sort of counterargue myself there, but "innovative" is not automatically good, folks. Especially if it doesn't quite work with the ongoing mechanics and machinations.

Also, take into account the very minimal lore presence Runemasters have had. Some p'n'p RPG nonsense and two and a half in-game NPCs? Death Knights were, aah, somewhat more recognized by the general WoW populace upon inception.
    The reality is that there WILL be a new class in the next expansion. Out of all the classes that blizzard could use, Runemaster seems to be the strongest candidate for numerous reasons. Let's be honest; A monk-like class in WoW would be hugely popular, just like every monk-class is in every RPG ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostburn View Post
    No.................
    yes..............................

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone347 View Post
    runemaster - DK
    Runemasters have nothing in common with DKs outside of the latter using their own rune system. Heck they wouldn't even use the same type of runes. Also Runemasters wouldn't wear plate, wouldn't wield two-handed weapons, and wouldn't use shadow magic.

Two completely different classes.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of a Runemaster. They could be a very unique class. There is nothing preventing a stat conversion on cloth gear. The class could work because Blizzard are clever like that.

However, it is just a pipe dream. I am of the same sentiment as others: DKs took hell to balance. An 11th class would just be a nightmare - in so many ways. :/

But hey, at least we would have a greater chance of getting that extra character slot!!

---------- Post added 2011-02-06 at 07:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Clone347 View Post
    There are only 2 classes possible that blizz will add - blademaster ( more unlikely ) or a demon hunter ( im not saying I'm 100% sure they will add them ) some thing needs to change so ppl would be interested in the game - like new races / classes so the odds of a new class are really high which ever one of the 2 it would be.
    I'm sorry, I just have to address this.

Blademaster: like a warrior, only... different.
    Demon Hunter: It's a hunter. But it uses shadow powers to boost its attacks. But it's like a hunter.

Ok, so those are both classes that are far too similar to existing classes in the game. Even closer to other classes than paladins are to DKS. Runemasters would be very unique in terms of gameplay. Not only would the rune system not resemble the current iteration of the DK rune system - in any way, shape or form - but to have a monk-type class in the game would in itself be new, exciting and something that hasn't been done before. Even a cross between a Brewmaster and a Runemaster would be pretty damn unique and amazing.

I just hope that if another hero class is introduced in the future, that they will be much better at balancing and integrating it into the game without affecting everything around it for two years... >.<
    For the Alliance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Necromancers won't, because everything they do is covered by Warlocks and Death Knights. Death Knights play nothing like Runemasters would. Also DKs use Runes based in Shadow magic. Runemasters would use Runes based on arcane magic.
    Give it up already.. It simply wont happen. I see demon hunter as the next class. Also hoping they are allowed to wear warglaives. And have their name illidan xD

---------- Post added 2011-02-06 at 11:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    I like the idea of a Runemaster. They could be a very unique class. There is nothing preventing a stat conversion on cloth gear. The class could work because Blizzard are clever like that.

However, it is just a pipe dream. I am of the same sentiment as others: DKs took hell to balance. An 11th class would just be a nightmare - in so many ways. :/

But hey, at least we would have a greater chance of getting that extra character slot!!

---------- Post added 2011-02-06 at 07:27 PM ----------

I'm sorry, I just have to address this.

Blademaster: like a warrior, only... different.
    Demon Hunter: It's a hunter. But it uses shadow powers to boost its attacks. But it's like a hunter.

Ok, so those are both classes that are far too similar to existing classes in the game. Even closer to other classes than paladins are to DKS. Runemasters would be very unique in terms of gameplay. Not only would the rune system not resemble the current iteration of the DK rune system - in any way, shape or form - but to have a monk-type class in the game would in itself be new, exciting and something that hasn't been done before. Even a cross between a Brewmaster and a Runemaster would be pretty damn unique and amazing.

I just hope that if another hero class is introduced in the future, that they will be much better at balancing and integrating it into the game without affecting everything around it for two years... >.<
    Demon hunters are nothing like hunters you know of in wow, they just have similar name. Also runemasters had their class ideas built into DKs.

I would love to see Runemasters in WoW. Cant say either way if they will be, because noone knew DKs were coming this long before they came out (dont lie, you didnt).

But I just cant believe the level of stupidity in this thread with people say "DERP, Runemaster = DK" " We already have DKs"...to say a Runemaster would be the antithesis of a DK (ie similar resource system based on a whooooooooole different idealism and stance would be an understatement.

And to all the "no, the new class will be xxx"...you dont know, as the OP doesnt know it will be RM...but the idea is good, as are others.

Hows about speculation is discussed without "YOUS WORNG I IS WRITE" comments, because they go nowhere.

The idea here is good, and the art thus far makes for an interesting graphic move with RMs having less armour and more runes showing.

FB

10+ Year Old Account
    The way this has been thought out, it's barely anything like a Death Knight.
    Yes to a monk-style class.
    Yes to a fist weapon class.
    Yes to glowing runes all over the body, somewhat like death knights have their "dead" skins; perhaps the armor sets could be sorted so they cover less of the body, allowing more glow to come through.

But one thing, surely a hero class would be available to any race (Correct me if I'm wrong). But I can't see a Blood Elf Runemaster.

Shinydemon(85) Kuricos(85) Akros(85) Seraphus(81) Ritsura(85) Anathama(85) Arelia(85) Aaurala(66) Solanáa(49) Myasma(60)

I would find it copying LotRO runekeeper but every fantasy copies from Tolkien so nevermind.
    I would consider playing runemaster myself, maybe changing it to main.

Runemaster? You spelled Death Knight wrong.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

10+ Year Old Account
    These threads always amuse me where someone posts a personal wish/idea that they want to happen, even though it isn't all that good...

Then when people say it isn't that good, the OP jumps in over and over with but but but...

Honestly, Blizzard NEVER said they were introducing more classes. In fact they said that the DK caused them a lot of issues and they're unsure whether they would add another class.

In terms of generating more interest in the game, any expansion would sell, regardless of its features. New races, a new neutral faction, seem far more likely than another hero class..

And if there is another hero class, it will most likely be a main spec healer with a different gameplay style of healing to do for healing what DK's did for tanking.

Not saying this will never happen, but extremely unlikely, DK already covered most of what they could do with this class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andergard View Post
    Yeah, I hear Arthas was this minor side-character in WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne. Oh, and I hear it wasn't Worgen you killed in Silverpine Forest, Shadowfang Keep and Grizzly Hills, but in fact stray dogs under the title 'Son of Arugal' and the like. Right?
    Arthas was ONE character. You said there were a lot of Death Knights, but that was only during WotLK that there were.
    And I forgot about those Sons of Arugal. Forgive me. But there still weren't a of them and most of them were just in Silverpine and that tiny island in Grizzly Hills, not world-wide.
    And technically there aren't that many Blood Elves either nor are there supposed to be that many Worgen after the Gilnean Civil War and that many Night Elves; in the game where many people play, the numbers end up being immense. Also there aren't supposed to be that many Draenei Shaman.

---------- Post added 2011-02-06 at 01:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    The way this has been thought out, it's barely anything like a Death Knight.
    Yes to a monk-style class.
    Yes to a fist weapon class.
    Yes to glowing runes all over the body, somewhat like death knights have their "dead" skins; perhaps the armor sets could be sorted so they cover less of the body, allowing more glow to come through.

But one thing, surely a hero class would be available to any race (Correct me if I'm wrong). But I can't see a Blood Elf Runemaster.
    Since they are Arcane Melee combatants, Blood Elves would be perfect for that role.
    You don't really expect Gnome Warrior tanks but hey, they exist too. :P

EDIT: Idk why I said Runemasters are everywhere >.>
    Last edited by Jademist; 2011-02-06 at 01:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylucifer View Post
    I dont think a new class is..appropriate for the next xpac. Adding more classes causes more balance issues in pvp.If we add a class that can only use fist weapons that means more loot slots being only allowed for "usually" 1 class/spec (Holy paladin) cough cough. Just no.
    Speaking of which, the next hero class ought to be able to use intellect plate for at least one of their specs. Even though my main is a pally with healing off-spec, I find it ridiculous that there's an entire subset of gear that has to be itemized for 1 spec out of 30. Make it go the way of intellect leather and mail imo, let another spec use it.

That said, they shouldn't be a wholly plate class. It would be neat to see one where the type of armor they want is wholly dependent on spec. Say plate for tanking, mail for dps, cloth/leather for healing.

What we need is a ranged tank class. Spell casting tank.

Or a melee healer class (true healer concept). Concept of a "true healer" is one that can only heal themselves, they take wounds from other players and take them upon themselves (or deliver them to enemies).

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

OK once again, there will be no Rune masters or Necros, they combined the class to make DKS. Just because ppl do not believe stuff with out proof is is the link to the Blizzcast episode that states this
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/communi.../episode7.html

Around 2:11 into it

---------- Post added 2011-02-06 at 07:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    Arthas was ONE character. You said there were a lot of Death Knights, but that was only during WotLK that there were.
    And I forgot about those Sons of Arugal. Forgive me. But there still weren't a of them and most of them were just in Silverpine and that tiny island in Grizzly Hills, not world-wide.

---------- Post added 2011-02-06 at 01:21 PM ----------

Runemasters are everywhere though. And since they are Arcane Melee combatants, Blood Elves would be perfect for that role.
    You don't really expect Gnome Warrior tanks but hey, they exist too. :P
    Already in the game and part of the dk system, read the link i posted that blizz already stated this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    These threads always amuse me where someone posts a personal wish/idea that they want to happen, even though it isn't all that good...

Then when people say it isn't that good, the OP jumps in over and over with but but but...

Honestly, Blizzard NEVER said they were introducing more classes. In fact they said that the DK caused them a lot of issues and they're unsure whether they would add another class.

In terms of generating more interest in the game, any expansion would sell, regardless of its features. New races, a new neutral faction, seem far more likely than another hero class..

And if there is another hero class, it will most likely be a main spec healer with a different gameplay style of healing to do for healing what DK's did for tanking.

Not saying this will never happen, but extremely unlikely, DK already covered most of what they could do with this class.
    Blizzard NEVER said they wouldn't add a new class. :P
    I'm just gonna keep my hopes up for a new one and hopefully its NOT a Demon Hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    No more melee classes please. I would rather see something unique. Or something hunter like, we only have one ranged physical dps.