Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    And thus, where you are missing my point. So, say you have 8 runes, sort like death knights; 2 earth, 2 water, 2 air, and 2 fire. You use a combination of these runes as your resource system in order to create those runes. For example, in order to use that first rune, rune of flowing water, you use 1 water rune. However, for rune of raging flames, you could use 1 earth and 1 fire. Or maybe for rune of the oaks you could use 2 earth and 1 water. Now do you see my point? you can easily switch from using runes with dks to using runes with runemasters.
    But you are just assuming they will be used in the same way DKs runes are used. Which is a baseless assumption.
    They could be short term buffs (see my example earlier in thread) rather than the DK rune system. Which makes no sense to apply to anything other than a DK...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hankitg View Post
    But you are just assuming they will be used in the same way DKs runes are used. Which is a baseless assumption.
    They could be short term buffs (see my example earlier in thread) rather than the DK rune system. Which makes no sense to apply to anything other than a DK...
    You, too, seem to be missing my point. The rune system is very flexible. Had they not used it on death knights (or they never existed in wow) they could have easily used the system they developed for runemasters. Your argument is based on death knights already existing in game. Mine is based on them not being implemented yet.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Runemaster would be a cool and unique class, but there is one problem that would make them hard to implement. They seem to close to shamans and druids combined apart from using their fists as weapons. Though they get their abilities from different sources (nature/elemental spirits and ley lines); their attacks would be about the same as Druids and Shamans.

Deleted
    Ah, I see your point, and yes they could have, but there are also many more avenues for them to travel for a decent resource system for Runemasters that doesnt specifically involve Runes as a resource, which some people seem to think would be the only option :S

10+ Year Old Account
    List of Possible Classes

Runemaster
    Brewmaster
    Buccaneer
    Demon Hunter
    Time Warden

selections that seem possible im stretching demon hunters a bit since id probably be floged if i didnt included them =.=

(To regard if im for any of them yes id very much like brewmaster to become one but this is only an opinion so dont take it as fact and the reason I added the bucaneer is that it may fit with a south seas expansion if that is are next destination but like i said we dont know until Blizzcon 2011)
    Last edited by Shroud; 2011-02-06 at 06:38 PM.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hankitg View Post
    Ah, I see your point, and yes they could have, but there are also many more avenues for them to travel for a decent resource system for Runemasters that doesnt specifically involve Runes as a resource, which some people seem to think would be the only option :S
    Well it isnt the only option, but it definitely seems viable. Should they have changed their minds on developing death knights halfway through (which they wouldnt have but should they have) I am almost positive that they would have used a system similar to that.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    List of Possible Classes

Runemaster
    Brewmaster
    Buccaneer
    Demon Hunter
    Time Warden

selections that seem possible im stretching demon hunters a bit since id probably be floged if i didnt included them =.=

(To regard if im for any of them yes id very much like brewmaster to become one but this is only an opinion so dont take it as fact and the reason I added the bucaneer is that it may fit with a south seas expansion if that is are next destination but like i said we dont know until Blizzcon 2011)
    *cough*Ghostcrawler said of all Hero classes, Demon Hunter is the less likely to make it. They don't want to flood the servers with Demon Hunters, which are far more popular than Death Knights (and we all know what happened when Death Knights were added).*cough*

Buccaneer is a very interesting option tho.

Deleted
    And I say blizz will never add a new class to WoW....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadey View Post
    I'm not convinced.. Also I don't think enhancement shamans with the death knight resource system is likely
    They wouldn't use the DK resource system. And yes, adding a new class would rekindle interest in an 8 year old game.

---------- Post added 2011-02-06 at 08:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitKid View Post
    Runemaster would be a cool and unique class, but there is one problem that would make them hard to implement. They seem to close to shamans and druids combined apart from using their fists as weapons. Though they get their abilities from different sources (nature/elemental spirits and ley lines); their attacks would be about the same as Druids and Shamans.
    They're similar to one spec in the Shaman tree. That's really it, and even that comparison is a bit of a stretch.

They're nothing like druids though.

---------- Post added 2011-02-06 at 10:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adalwolf View Post
    Except for one little bit tiny insignificant detail: Ghostcrawler himself once said, in a thread asking for Demon Hunters for next Hero class, that the next class to be added would NOT be a melee DPS, it would most likely be a healer class with physical ranged abilities. Why? Because according to GC, this game has too many melee DPS classes already while it lacks of healers. Plus, hunters are currently the only ranged class that does physical damage, so would be nice to add a mix of those to the game.

End thus, the never confirmed rumors of Priest of the Moon as the new hero class started.
    The only way I could see that happening is if something like this was implemented;

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ss-idea-Tinker

I don't see Blizzard releasing a new class that can't tank.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2011-02-06 at 10:43 PM.

Always wanted a monk class in WoW. Would be nice to see this implemented.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskster View Post
    What can a Monk class accomplish that these two specs don't already?
    Many different things. How is a character that uses swords (combat rogue) at all like a monk, who uses his own fists? Not fist weapons: empowered fists. Traditionally, a monk-type class draws on power to imbue himself as a living weapon. They are by all accounts a master of martial arts. And if a monk-type class was to be introduced (hybrid tank / healer / dps), my greatest fear would be that Pandaren would make it into the game. And that is something we simply cannot allow to happen. :/

---------- Post added 2011-02-07 at 04:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adalwolf View Post
    Buccaneer is a very interesting option tho.
    Second that. Especially if they could dual wield ranged weapons. O.O
    For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    So its a mix between Enhance Shamans and DKs....I dont know. I'd see it more as a melee type priest mixed with a shaman but using runes as a resource.

Naga should be a race :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Always wanted a monk class in WoW. Would be nice to see this implemented.
    A Monk is someone who leaves society in the pursuit of knowledge.

A Runemaster is an Arcane Monk.
    A Demon Hunter is a Demonic Monk.
    A Brewmaster is a Spiritual Monk. (this would have to be a tanking tree; my god. Imagine the awesomeness)

It seems so obvious to me that Blizz could implement a healing/melee hybrid Monk class that has the above three talents and everyone would go nuts and buy tons of expansion copies.

Edit: Honestly though, the only type of class I want next is one with a tanking spec and a ranged DPS spec. There's only one, and I don't want to look like a stupid bear or owl-chicken.
    Last edited by Futhark; 2011-02-07 at 12:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    A Monk is someone who leaves society in the pursuit of knowledge.

A Runemaster is an Arcane Monk.
    A Demon Hunter is a Demonic Monk.
    A Brewmaster is a Spiritual Monk. (this would have to be a tanking tree; my god. Imagine the awesomeness)

It seems so obvious to me that Blizz could implement a healing/melee hybrid Monk class that has the above three talents and everyone would go nuts and buy tons of expansion copies.

Edit: Honestly though, the only type of class I want next is one with a tanking spec and a ranged DPS spec. There's only one, and I don't want to look like a stupid bear or owl-chicken.
    A monk-type class could be a tanking class and a ranged DPS spec. If Blizzard had some imagination, they could even make monks the first melee healing class of WoW. The mechanics are already in place, and it would make healing awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    A monk-type class could be a tanking class and a ranged DPS spec. If Blizzard had some imagination, they could even make monks the first melee healing class of WoW. The mechanics are already in place, and it would make healing awesome.
    I totally agree Teriz. Let's keep our fingers crossed for something along the lines of a runemaster/monk when they talk about the next Xpac in Blizzcon'11!

@Clone347
    NOTHING with ARCH will be added - arch mage, arch druid arch priest ( arch bishop lol ) - I don't think you know what archetype means.

monk - not sure bout that, disc priest were supposed to cover that role in vanilla - Was supposed to yes, so this is still a plausible archetype

runemaster - DK - DK is NOT a Runemaster, will never be, never was. Stop trolling.

necromancer - DK - DK is NOT a Necromancer, sure a DK can summon a few ghouls. But that doesn't make them necromancer, that makes them DKs. A necromancer should be able to summon more undead creatures, think undead dogs, skeletal mages, and the likes.

bloodmage - what the fuck it's not even a class definition, Kael was a blood ELF Mage, before that he was a High elf Mage, in other words - Mage - fire with sub spec arcane - Bloodmage IS NOT Kael.. A bloodmage is a mage that uses Stigmatic Magic. Ender the deadmines and look at the bloodmages there for an example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resies View Post
    They don't need to do to WoW what Valve did to TF2 (litter it with useless extra shit)

none of them are named after their resource.

We don't have Mana Healers and Mana Mages and Mana Shamans and Mana Warlocks.

Bullshit, every update on TF2 refreshes the game, get your facts right dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly, or at least its clear to me, what makes the most sense is just modifying the severely underused priest disc spec. If you think about it, blizzard wouldn't have to change much. Smite would work the same as intended, power word: barrier could be the same. many of the mechanics runecasters have (or at least what people want) already exist under the disc tree. Hell, they could even make it a cata patch instead of an entire xpac for something so "easily" achievable.( I say that with quotes b/c of balancing issues.

This post assumes monks become melee healers.
    Last edited by ibprofin; 2011-02-07 at 06:38 PM. Reason: spelling errors - smartphone screwups
    "Its hard to tank!"
    "....Yeah, maybe in the first 5 seconds... if you don't have a hunter... or a rogue... or competent dps.... maybe...."

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Conjure refreshment now applies a debuff that does 30,000 shadow damage over 10 seconds to anyone, friend or foe, within 30 yards. "Vendor's Vengeance" is not dispellable.

dragonsworn

A new hero class that i would like to play would be the dragonsworn